Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 9th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Would love a good old Thames streamer to setup, it's been a while lol

MetO boff's are very confident of Streamers from 17:00 hrs today biggrin.pngyahoo.gifcold.gifclap.gif

Bring it on clap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Snow battle stations at the ready here in Croydon help.gif

Gritters will be deployed to pre-treat A & B routes from 14:00 hrs today and then will move into continuous operations ph34r.png

MetO have just updated Croydon Council with the following: From early evening though around 1700hrs, snow showers will start to feed in from the North Sea, blown on by a strengthening north-easterly wind. It is likely that these will form into bands, meaning that the frequency of showers and the subsequent accumulations will vary from place to place but in the main 2-5cm’s at low level, but there is the risk of significant accumulations particularly on windward slopes and high ground of up to 8cms cold.gif

Lets hope they are underestimating the strength of the streamer again, with how quick the cold air has rusghed in I would expect some thunder snow mixed in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Interesting forecast. Plenty of snow showers and potential for the South East Monday night for prolonged snow.

Tuesday and Wednesday sound intriguing, Heavy hail/snow showers with the risk of thunder. smile.png

End of the week looks more benign with weak weather fronts pushing south east bring less cold weather.

Potential ice day tomorrow with near gale force winds. Only one thing for it

cold.gif

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

I can- Ive paid the met office to move the frontal zone 50 miles further north tomorrow & before that heavy snow overnight-

S

Is there no limits to your talents Steve? Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

I'm very sceptical we're going to see much in the way of snow maybe coastal areas in south Kent but that's about it. Cloud cover here I reckon tonight and tomorrow but no doubt very cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

I can- Ive paid the met office to move the frontal zone 50 miles further north tomorrow & before that heavy snow overnight-

S

I'm seriously cursing my luck the one day that covers our region on the met warnings I'm at work in bloody London!! Monday night and Tuesday! And so the compass set is complete- January we were too far south and east, February just too far West for the snow showers, and March? Looking like band only staying to the south?=us too far north

Posted

BBC forecast sure looked like a streamer to me, the fact the models, even higher resolution models are picking up on this at this stage is pretty good to see, even the higher resolution models tend to struggle with just how strong these features can become.

Posted

When people see the fleet of Gritters from 14:00 hrs today, they will know snow is on the way clap.gifcold.gifyahoo.gif

post-2721-0-47128700-1362918658_thumb.jp

post-2721-0-54271500-1362918669_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Just seen the countryfile forecast, what a shame i've got Tuesday and Wednesday offrofl.gif

They seemed to underestimate the Northern extent of tomorrows snowfall from where I'm sitting..

Posted

Temp 3 dew 0...feels raw in a ene wind come on the snow one last hurrah from winter 12/13smile.png ...cracking open an early whitespiteful.gif ..with cheese of course!

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

current conditions temp 3.0c dp 1c overcast....maybe the odd sleety flake wind very cold from the NE max 18mph bring it on!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

It's certainly trying very hard to snow here. Had the biggest sign yet....seagulls (dead cert now good.gif ). Wind chill tomorrow is incredible. Good luck to the Channel Islands, looks like they will get hit hard!

Posted

Been snowing here for a couple of hours very light but its so relaxing to watch. Certainly not in a favourable position here as noted by METO warnings almost teasing my location. But I have found sometimes in these situations there are surprises.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Do I like thisair_kiss.gif

13031200_1006.gif

Posted

Temp 3 dew 0...feels raw in a ene wind come on the snow one last hurrah from winter 12/13smile.png ...cracking open an early whitespiteful.gif ..with cheese of course!

Snow showers for you - channel/French snow for me? Deal!biggrin.png

Posted

Snow showers for you - channel/French snow for me? Deal!biggrin.png

Hehe deal as long as i get the Thames Streamer thrown inbiggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Looks like there is some explosive convective potential in this cold spell (when the bbc mentions possible thundersnow then all is good)

On another note. Someone tell the massive slab of stratocumulus to take a hike please. Fed up of constant light snizzle now acute.gif

Posted

I'd like to order the following for my old region.

Good cloud clearance, explosive convection enough time to deliver copious amounts of snow to areas away from the south coast, then the frontal zone moves in further north and delivers huge snow totals to the far south. Everyones happy then. There sorted, get your sledges ready.

Nick - you obviously lived in Sussex before, but I think you also mentioned that you lived in SW London too? Am I mistaken?

Posted

Hehe deal as long as i get the Thames Streamer thrown inbiggrin.png

Its looking promisingcold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Is there any chance here on the Essex coast? been here before and missed a lot of the convectivity and it always seems to go to the south. Temps plunging now 2.2c dp: -0.5c

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted

I'd like to order the following for my old region.

Good cloud clearance, explosive convection enough time to deliver copious amounts of snow to areas away from the south coast, then the frontal zone moves in further north and delivers huge snow totals to the far south. Everyones happy then. There sorted, get your sledges ready.

Your support from the southern French border is always appreciated Nick. I'm sure that as lovely as it is down there, you would enjoy being back in Sussex for a day or so for times like thissmile.png

Posted

Its looking promisingcold.gif

Be great if all the region get a real last serious snow event out of this....Thames Streamers, Kent streamers, channel lows, convective snow showers, thundersnow...not to much to ask is it?....smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Latest met warnings up until Thursday for the costa del Essex. Nice.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&regionName=EE&fcTime=1362873600&map=Warnings

Posted

This calls for a Yamkin Ramp to kick in biggrin.png

post-2721-0-15966000-1362919569_thumb.jp

post-2721-0-31018900-1362919559_thumb.jp

And that's why your real name is Rampkin!