Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 10th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Convection seems to be firing again to the South-East of Suffolk!

Posted

For you in the SE Corner - latest ECM 12z prognosis on the frontal progression from the south:

post-1038-0-12673400-1362942985_thumb.pn

That places it pretty close to the GFS:

33-574.GIF?10-12

SK

Looking at the MeteoFrance forecast that shows the snow changing over to rain for the Paris area suggesting the low tracks a bit more ne as it heads east pushing in some milder air there, generally the forecasts have the snow in the far north of France initially, the southwards push doesn't really occur till Tuesday.

Theres an arc of precip that extends out from the low this could get pushed nw towards more especially Sussex/Kent later in the day.

For those wanting an idea of whats happening because of the set up keep an eye on the Meteociel observations because the further north you see snow reports from France the better the chances for the se and south coast, that arc of precip is however likely to stay south of the Thames unless theres a big northwards shift.

Posted

Sorry to be polluting this thread with my ramblings but I'm regionless so you're stuck with me for the evening! Now that I've got that BBC rant out of the way I'll return to the matter at hand.

Your ramblings and rantings are always welcome Nick:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Just to point out that the ppn showing on the radar falling on Lowestoft from the North Sea is incredibly light. A couple of flakes a minute, and the "blob" in the North Sea is disappearing fast as it approaches land.

Really,I just thought it just hadn't got here yet?:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Sorry to be polluting this thread with my ramblings but I'm regionless so you're stuck with me for the evening! Now that I've got that BBC rant out of the way I'll return to the matter at hand.

Good to have your company nick!

Since your south of the lp, if you wouldn't mind giving the low a kick up the ass I would be very grateful :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Thanks Stuie

No problem. The main problem with those "pink charts" , especially non members), snow is snow whether it is 1 flake or 1mm. If the chart is a deeper pink then it gets interesting, heavier precipitation.

The South coast looks to have a decent effort in the next 48hrs, with Jersey having a red warning I think (10cm ish, a little laughable).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Nick, I remember you being a fan of Helen W from the old Snow Watch days! Did she ever answer any of your letters?air_kiss.gif

BBC forecast is strange - I wonder if the Countryfile forecast will be different for the next few days - I think it's done live?

I'd go for John Hammond - he is a big snow enthusiast...amongst other nice thingsair_kiss.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

moderate to heavy blustery shower at the moment, been on and off all afternoon, but getting heavier gradually :)

Posted

I didn't post the scale because its in inches per hour and thought it might cause some confusion/mass hysteria smile.png

So the light green represents 0.01 to 0.1 inches per hour, and the darker green is 0.1 to 0.25 inches per hour (of rainfall equivalent)

Ha - I think very hopeful. We will be requiring either a significant shift north, or for the frontal system to stay well to the south, for us to join in the fun and games beyond tonight

SK

Well SK, I am going to stay buoyant this evening with Monday morning looming. With the wet bulb being close to ground level I will know if we had anything overnight. So will you for that matter :)

Posted

Your ramblings and rantings are always welcome Nick:)

OMG you're from Surbiton, spent many happy years there.Great place especially with that Waitrose there,I do miss M&S and Waitrose food halls. I know everyone thinks France great food and markets, but you can't beat British Supermarkets.

Good luck with the snow.

Edited by nick sussex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

I didn't post the scale because its in inches per hour and thought it might cause some confusion/mass hysteria smile.png

So the light green represents 0.01 to 0.1 inches per hour, and the darker green is 0.1 to 0.25 inches per hour (of rainfall equivalent)

SK

Mass hysteria has started - thats what, 6.25mm an hour... = 6cm of snow an hour - why did you tell me this!? :OOO ahahah

Posted

how was the gig the other week?

Best gig EVER! Was epic, drunk a bit too much. Lost my voice, stiff legs, sore arms! Bruises up arms! Was epic! So so good! I recommend anyone to see him live!

Posted

First deep convective streamer now developing SE of Suffolk- Destination North Kent. - ( Slapper)

S

Like this Steve?

march10c_zpsc9a8aee0.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

First deep convective streamer now developing SE of Suffolk- Destination North Kent. - ( Slapper)

S

Watching lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

I think the BBC have the following facial expressions allowed for their team:

Snow- Glum

Frost-Glum

Mild- Happy smiley

Warm- Happy smiley

Hot- Glum, concern for someone stupid enough to sit in the sun without protection or who forgets to drink!

And then all the other non-weather presenters have to start moaning when any colder weather is due, like when is it going to end, isn't it terrible blah, blah.

Change the record BBC!

Maybe not all of us are like those on here today and like the thought of cold temperatures and snow falling?? Just a thought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

For you in the SE Corner - latest ECM 12z prognosis on the frontal progression from the south:

post-1038-0-12673400-1362942985_thumb.pn

That places it pretty close to the GFS:

33-574.GIF?10-12

SK

You don't even need to send the solicitors for those chartswink.png Very nice once moresmile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well luckily we have a lovely lampost visible from our window so that will be partly my entertainment tonight.

My condolences to the poor soul (and his family) at the bridge today who was in so much pain he felt he needed to end his life.