Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 10th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nice covering here just north of Gt Yarmouth.

Really cold and windy, think I'll wrap up and go out for a walk under the lamp posts.

Good luck everyone, hope you get some tonight!........Snow of course!

Hmm looks like my streamer spot was quite on the mark. Shame only a slight dusting on the cars here but at least it shows it's cold enough for snow to settle. Actually there's snow falling here now. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

THe flow change is underway now with the shower train over yarmouth moving wsw as opposed to SW- expect this continue...

S

Any images Steve? Oh and snow by convection, do radars pick that up?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

The problem with the sunday forecasts is everyone is off during the weekend. The real action is tomorrow!

Some of us work shifts ie-not all Monday to Friday 9-5 lol

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Hmm looks like my streamer spot was quite on the mark. Shame only a slight dusting on the cars here but at least it shows it's cold enough for snow to settle. Actually there's snow falling here now. smile.png

I think you are right and its looking promising for tonight! It's only a light covering here but has settled on grass, roads and almost everywhere else. Quite hard small bits of snow falling so far. I am still hoping from some proper big snow showers, although that may be a bit hit and miss depending exactly where you are.

Posted

I would love to have that Jim Kosek doing our forecasts ohhhh boy.Any way light grains floating about in the wind at the moment.

Edited by snowblues

Posted

BBC forecasts on a sunday are always restrained as they wait to produce the absolute up-todate info on Countryfile..... that's what i always think anyway!

Of course, they might not think its worth bigging this event up. Not so much a case of being constrained as nothing to be particularly excited about.

Time will tell of course.

Jason

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Very cold out there this afternoon, biting graupel showers. Been to "visit" mum at the cemetary. It was looking lovely as there were lots of flowers so have spent an hour or two do some light gardening at the plot whilst doing what we always would on Mothers Day - drinking cava and laughing, but my goodness, how cold it was out there. Couldn't feel fingers or toes by the time we got back. Now settled in with a glass of red and a roaring fire waiting for the countryfile forecast

Posted

For you in the SE Corner - latest ECM 12z prognosis on the frontal progression from the south:

post-1038-0-12673400-1362942985_thumb.pn

That places it pretty close to the GFS:

33-574.GIF?10-12

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

how can a lack of snow put me in such a bad mood??

Posted

Sorry to be polluting this thread with my ramblings but I'm regionless so you're stuck with me for the evening! Now that I've got that BBC rant out of the way I'll return to the matter at hand.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

For you in the SE Corner - latest ECM 12z prognosis on the frontal progression from the south:

33-574.GIF?10-12

SK

SK - is there a scale or anything for that first image?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

I hate to ask this question, but I am now a bit confused. Is there anything due in this part of the woods at all?

Yes the milkman about 3am.

Due to you being west of myself (90 mins), tough one. NAE is favourable though.

13031100_1012.gif

Hoping for an interesting 18z output later.

33-574.GIF?10-12

SK

That just about catches us SK, I think (hope/wish/...)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

should let yamkin do it

then we can all buy shares in salt rofl.gif

only kidding yanksdrinks.gif

Hi jp,

Certainly bitter on the walk through Croydon town centre just now, wind whipping around the Town Hall.

I see Yamkins boys have been gritting the pavements, strangely enough especially outside of Sainsburys, either that or someone had dropped a bag of demerara sugar, on the way out! unknw.gif

So hows it looking for us now tonight? Anyway thats for later, my son and daughter have somehow managed to coerce me into buying them a Chinese takeaway for tonight, thats about to be delivered. Seem to have ordered a lot of salty dishes, mind you the leftovers could come in handy if we're snowed in come the morning! whistling.gif

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted

Sorry to be polluting this thread with my ramblings but I'm regionless so you're stuck with me for the evening! Now that I've got that BBC rant out of the way I'll return to the matter at hand.

I still count you as a SE guy and find your post's on our area interesting so stay on here for the ride...

Posted

13031100_1012.gif

Thanks Stuie

Posted

Hi jp,

Certainly bitter on the walk through Croydon town centre just now, wind whipping around the Town Hall.

I see Yamkins boys have been gritting the pavements, strangely enough especially outside of Sainsburys, either that or someone had dropped a bag of demerara sugar, on the way out! unknw.gif

So hows it looking for us now tonight? Anyway thats for later, my son and daughter have somehow managed to coerce me into buying them a Chinese takeaway for tonight, thats about to be delivered. Seem to have ordered a lot of salty dishes, mind you the leftovers could come in handy if we're snowed in come the morning! whistling.gif

Regards,

Tom.

hi mate ill talk later

plenty of chances from all angles at present

salted sorry sortedrofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Of course, they might not think its worth bigging this event up. Not so much a case of being constrained as nothing to be particularly excited about.

Time will tell of course.

Jason

That might be the case.....what i meant is, in the hours leading up to the Counrtyfile forecast, I think they tend to go a bit "detail-lite" .

Posted

THe flow change is underway now with the shower train over yarmouth moving wsw as opposed to SW- expect this continue...

S

Just to point out that the ppn showing on the radar falling on Lowestoft from the North Sea is incredibly light. A couple of flakes a minute, and the "blob" in the North Sea is disappearing fast as it approaches land.

Posted

SK - is there a scale or anything for that first image?

I didn't post the scale because its in inches per hour and thought it might cause some confusion/mass hysteria smile.png

So the light green represents 0.01 to 0.1 inches per hour, and the darker green is 0.1 to 0.25 inches per hour (of rainfall equivalent)

13031100_1012.gif

Ha - I think very hopeful. We will be requiring either a significant shift north, or for the frontal system to stay well to the south, for us to join in the fun and games beyond tonight

SK

Edited by snowking