Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 10th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Wouldn't it be great if just one of the BBC team would just let rip with excitement about possible snow, even if they threw in a bit of false concern.

So this "great for the kids who must be getting excited but not so good for travellers", covers both bases. I'm bored of the same old misery having to be shown at the mere mention of snow by the BBC.

They do seem to regress to the mean. The problem is the NAE isn't the mean!

Posted

If you look at the way the PPN is modelled, the heaviest of the snow is over South/South-East of the region for longer

post-7073-0-00638700-1362933678_thumb.gi

Hence higher totals likely here

This shows what I was saying earlier

nmm-26-38-0.png?10-19

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Wouldn't it be great if just one of the BBC team would just let rip with excitement about possible snow, even if they threw in a bit of false concern.

So this "great for the kids who must be getting excited but not so good for travellers", covers both bases. I'm bored of the same old misery having to be shown at the mere mention of snow by the BBC.

Bring back Rob McElwee, he used to go positively evil during cold spells diablo.gif

Posted

Such a shame for all that snow to just miss us :/ let's all pray that maybe everything is being underplayed an maybe we all get a surprise Tomoz, fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian

Unfortunately Nick with their warmist left wing agenda I can't see that ever happening. I'm afraid that's what the result of putting hand picked idealogues in charge, but at least Mother Nature doesn't have a political aganda and does what she will.

Guest archiesmummy

Good luck mate, looking forward to seeeing what this "thing" in the North sea does.

I don`t think that was snow he was on about. Only 20 mins from here.

She....we left there lunch time, was def snow, why couldn't it be? At what point is it acceptable for it to be any weather that's different to where someone else is? It can change very quickly depending on lots of factors!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Ha ha you could just see it now, forecaster going on a massive ramp attack, then being dragged off kicking and screaming by the studio staff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

snowing here, settling on most things, apart from the roads and pavements, not expecting much from this, but nice to watch :)

Posted

That's bizarre aren't they supposed to be following UKMO guidance. I wouldn't have thought there was new info to support that underwhelming BBC forecast especially after earlier comments by Ian F.

To top that shoddy forecast NR mentions temps above freezing so not much snow settling then proceeded to show maxs of 0 and -1 for the east and se!

Bring back Helen Willetts at least she looks interested and I think she likes snow but was told to try and look glum by the UKMO!

Nick, I remember you being a fan of Helen W from the old Snow Watch days! Did she ever answer any of your letters?air_kiss.gif

BBC forecast is strange - I wonder if the Countryfile forecast will be different for the next few days - I think it's done live?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

So just seen the latest bbc news weather don't seem to be bigging this up at all

Posted

BBC had snow showers from midnight

Penetrating well in land till about 5am

Then a few showers hit and miss

And mentioned Tuesday for the SE keeping our eye open

Posted

I think the BBC have the following facial expressions allowed for their team:

Snow- Glum

Frost-Glum

Mild- Happy smiley

Warm- Happy smiley

Hot- Glum, concern for someone stupid enough to sit in the sun without protection or who forgets to drink!

And then all the other non-weather presenters have to start moaning when any colder weather is due, like when is it going to end, isn't it terrible blah, blah.

Change the record BBC!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

She....we left there lunch time, was def snow, why couldn't it be? At what point is it acceptable for it to be any weather that's different to where someone else is? It can change very quickly depending on lots of factors!

When I re-read it and realised you were there... no hard feelings? ;-)

Edit : ?

Edited by StuieW

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Nice covering here just north of Gt Yarmouth.

Really cold and windy, think I'll wrap up and go out for a walk under the lamp posts.

Good luck everyone, hope you get some tonight!........Snow of course!

Edited by HomerJ

Posted

Unfortunately Nick with their warmist left wing agenda I can't see that ever happening. I'm afraid that's what the result of putting hand picked idealogues in charge, but at least Mother Nature doesn't have a political aganda and does what she will.

What on earth is a 'warmist left wing agenda'?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

BBC forecasts on a sunday are always restrained as they wait to produce the absolute up-todate info on Countryfile..... that's what i always think anyway!

Posted

Snow- Glum

Frost-Glum

Mild- Happy smiley

Warm- Happy smiley

Hot- Glum, concern for someone stupid enough to sit in the sun without protection or who forgets to drink!

And then all the other non-weather presenters have to start moaning when any colder weather is due, like when is it going to end, isn't it terrible blah, blah.

Change the record BBC!

should let yamkin do it

then we can all buy shares in salt rofl.gif

only kidding yanksdrinks.gif

Posted

Snow- Glum

Frost-Glum

Mild- Happy smiley

Warm- Happy smiley

Change the record BBC!

I agree with this Nick - blinkin' Nagger (sic) Munchetty is the worst, any time snow is in the forecast or even on a picture behind the forecaster we get the full pouty, moany thing going on. Drives me nuts!

Snowing very slightly here in the North Downs snow corridor of uncertainty.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
Posted · Hidden by Methuselah, March 10, 2013 - Off topic...
Hidden by Methuselah, March 10, 2013 - Off topic...

What on earth is a 'warmist left wing agenda'?!

It means the BBC is inherantly left wing (it always has been from the days of Lord Reith) and like many Guardian / Independent editorials has always looked to hitch its star to the idea of Global warming in a clueless Al Gore sort of way. hence the demise of the said Mr McElwee, a true metonym of the BBC's stance.