IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 10th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Not weather related.

Just a word of warning for anyone thinking of using the Dartford crossing, been a tragic incident and bridge won't be open for a long while, all traffic using both tunnels.

Yep :(

Told my family to turn back, 2hr+ wait time, 4mph speed limit

Posted

Hi all are south london expecting any snow? Many thanks

cold uppers digging in around 6 or 7

watch you radar or keep watching in here

the answer to your question is yesgood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Cloudy and windy here - temp: 1.6c Dp: -0.7c

Question: why are the Beeb's forecasts all over the place at the moment, the week ahead forecast looked very encouraging but the latest one on the Beeb website an hour or so later looked less so with little in the way of snow from convection at all on Tuesday!

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Metro say London can expect a light dusting and no settling. Very much to the South, cold with no purpose here then woohoo lol

A light dusting yet none of it settling? So it's snow that is settling that doesn't quite settle? blink.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Sky looks very grey, I know it is getting dark but, you know what I mean. COME ON!

Posted

Cloudy and windy here - temp: 1.6c Dp: -0.7c

Question: why are the Beeb's forecasts all over the place at the moment, the week ahead forecast looked very encouraging but the latest one on the Beeb website an hour or so later looked less so with little in the way of snow from convection at all on Tuesday!

I saw that!

Posted

Not weather related.

Just a word of warning for anyone thinking of using the Dartford crossing, been a tragic incident and bridge won't be open for a long while, all traffic using both tunnels.

What has happened on the bridge?

Posted

I'm relatively pleased that its isn't snowing here just yet, i'd rather get the much colder air first so that whatever falls settles. I've read through so many posts, I'm not actually sure I'm keeping track of all the snow potential.

Streamer potential - tonight and tomorrow

Front moving in from the channel

and the possiblity of more snow through to the end of the week?

This all sounds too good to be true.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

0.1C here with dark clouds all around, had very light snow on and off here most of the day. We had around 4cm of snow last night, and due to the extensive flooding around here many roads went un-gritted, and where they were the grit was washed off my all the surface water. About 2cm remains at the moment on the grass.

Looks like some decent showers now starting to pep up in the North Sea.

Posted

I'm relatively pleased that its isn't snowing here just yet, i'd rather get the much colder air first so that whatever falls settles. I've read through so many posts, I'm not actually sure I'm keeping track of all the snow potential.

sounds about rightgood.gif

although now casting is the only real accurate forecast now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

In benfleet as there is a dark cloud north whats the radar showing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Latest from Ian F on MOD thread:

"Yes, but a number of issues here. Firstly, some significant mismatches with WV imagery versus NAE expectations. Most immediate concern is the more pronounced frontogenesis to SW, wIth sharper shortwave trough/PV Max & baroclonicity than modelled. NAE kills this too quickly; GFS currently performing best in handling this, with resultant snow expected tonight across mid and N Devon to W Somerset/Exmoor. Few cm here on areas above 200m, with the N Devon link rd (A361) west of Tiverton one particular focus for concern by Monday morning.

Equally, mismatches W of Portugal in imagery versus model handling... net result is 12z NAE considered too far south with Monday's development, hence the 06z run, coupled to 09z high-res output, has been preferred as the more likely solution. Key areas for concern re disruptive impacts by Monday continue as parts of Cornwall and Devon, along with SE corner."

The highlighting is mine, not Ian's. Cue lots of anxiety about what is meant by 'SE corner'!

AS

I am getting happier by the minute!wub.pngcold.gif

Posted

What has happened on the bridge?

Sorry don't want to go off topic, therefore Link to a local paper, this I hope will explain it all, as I said tragic for someone and their families.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/10279589.Man_plunges_into_River_Thames_from_Dartford_Crossing_after_four_hours_of_police_negotiation/

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Sorry don't want to go off topic, therefore Link to a local paper, this I hope will explain it all, as I said tragic for someone and their families.

http://www.thisisloc...ce_negotiation/

I wish people wouldn't commit suicide which effects what other people are doing in their lives like jumping on tracks or jumping from bridges, it may sound a little insensitive of me to say but I think it's completely selfish. I do however hope this man comes to his senses and has the help to recover.

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Is the bacon blob growing?

LOL! Some people saying stuff like its over and not for me then even before this un folds... This is one dynamic set up and EVERYTHING is to play for.. yes.. some will probs miss out while others get plastered we all might get plastered or.. we all could miss out lol! Don't go sulk in the corner or light the cigar till that radar shows some PPN heading your way... or not. :D

Posted

I wish people wouldn't commit suicide which stops what people are doing in their lives, it may sound a little insensitive of me to say but I think it's completely selfish.

Yes it is completely selfish of you to say that, having struggled with mental health issues myself In the past I wish ignorant people would not comment on subjects they have no understanding of. Rant over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Flakes are starting to get a bit bigger, too...