Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 10th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Yes, and I can't see us getting much if that low to the south doesn't start correcting north. Still time for change though. smile.png

Agreed, but if we do manage to get something i'll be off work!

Posted

U at the rugby? Am just down road from twick, it started to do something earlier, sleet or snizzle of some sort, didnt last, but sky still looks dark...

Reckon that snow train will affect us all later...heres hopingbiggrin.png

Posted

Excuse the most irritating and vague question, but I've not been keeping up with things. Just looked on met office site to see a full 5 days of yellow snow warnings.

What the latest? What's expected? Are we looking at a dusting at best that melts at sunrise, or are we expecting some accumulations? Should I be getting excited about the next day or two?

Thanks guys. I know how irritating those questions are!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Back from the shop. Anyone in the Reedham/Cantley area. Looks like some heavy showers breaking out in a line NE/SW, those are the two places I think are likely to be under this at the moment.

Blobbly still not on rain today.Get your butt into gear man!!!

Edited by Captain shortwave

The NAE- whilst not seeing movement north is beginning to profile deeper columns of PPN in the shower trains-

Dont worry it will come to the party-

The next 6 hours will see the shower train over kent gradually allign more East to west-

S

Posted

Yep - putting aside what happens down here, it will be very interesting to see what develops up towards the Estuary. We know f.e from Feb 2009 how suddenly situations can developsmile.png Not that 40cms is expected this time....ph34r.png

Well here at the Estuary mouth I am hoping for some streamer action. But fully expecting it to either not occur, or end up dumping further down the Thames. Such is our luck this past few months!

Posted

Well here at the Estuary mouth I am hoping for some streamer action. But fully expecting it to either not occur, or end up dumping further down the Thames. Such is our luck this past few months!

Yes, unfortunately, that is more likely since the air won't have travelled over the much warmer Thames and might not be "ready" to give you snow. However, given the length of the streamers, I'd still put Southend on >60% chances!

Posted

The NAE- whilst not seeing movement north is beginning to profile deeper columns of PPN in the shower trains-

Dont worry it will come to the party-

The next 6 hours will see the shower train over kent gradually allign more East to west-

S

okay steve, we're all set and ready!good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Molte grazie gentile signore smile.png

Prego, signora. Your meal sounds delicious!

Tonight I've got, Bastoncini di pesce,patatine fritte e fagioli al forno! wink.png ...............................

Fish fingers, chips and beans to you! Lost in translation or what. laugh.png

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Well allowing for the snow (she says hopefully) and the distance then you better leave this minute otherwise there will be none lefttongue.png

Ha ha good one, hope u r right, better not risk the journey.

Having a blokey afternoon, spag bol and football on tv.

Posted

London including NW London could get hit from streamers or the low or a combination of the two, and it seems to be firing up now

Edited by Swave Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

London including NW London could get hit from streamers or the low or a combination of the two, and it seems to be firing up now

Says the person from NW London lol

Posted

Ian F from the model thread:

"Equally, mismatches W of Portugal in imagery versus model handling... net result is 12z NAE considered too far south with Monday's development, hence the 06z run, coupled to 09z high-res output, has been preferred as the more likely solution. Key areas for concern re disruptive impacts by Monday continue as parts of Cornwall and Devon, along with SE corner."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy in Winter, Cold and Wet in Summer

sleeting in south east london- more snow in it than rain

Posted

Latest from Ian F on MOD thread:

"Yes, but a number of issues here. Firstly, some significant mismatches with WV imagery versus NAE expectations. Most immediate concern is the more pronounced frontogenesis to SW, wIth sharper shortwave trough/PV Max & baroclonicity than modelled. NAE kills this too quickly; GFS currently performing best in handling this, with resultant snow expected tonight across mid and N Devon to W Somerset/Exmoor. Few cm here on areas above 200m, with the N Devon link rd (A361) west of Tiverton one particular focus for concern by Monday morning.

Equally, mismatches W of Portugal in imagery versus model handling... net result is 12z NAE considered too far south with Monday's development, hence the 06z run, coupled to 09z high-res output, has been preferred as the more likely solution. Key areas for concern re disruptive impacts by Monday continue as parts of Cornwall and Devon, along with SE corner."

The highlighting is mine, not Ian's. Cue lots of anxiety about what is meant by 'SE corner'!

AS

Posted

Yes, but a number of issues here. Firstly, some significant mismatches with WV imagery versus NAE expectations. Most immediate concern is the more pronounced frontogenesis to SW, wIth sharper shortwave trough/PV Max & baroclonicity than modelled. NAE kills this too quickly; GFS currently performing best in handling this, with resultant snow expected tonight across mid and N Devon to W Somerset/Exmoor. Few cm here on areas above 200m, with the N Devon link rd (A361) west of Tiverton one particular focus for concern by Monday morning.

Equally, mismatches W of Portugal in imagery versus model handling... net result is 12z NAE considered too far south with Monday's development, hence the 06z run, coupled to 09z high-res output, has been preferred as the more likely solution. Key areas for concern re disruptive impacts by Monday continue as parts of Cornwall and Devon, along with SE corner.

LATEST FROM FERGIE!

Posted

Ian F from the model thread:

"Equally, mismatches W of Portugal in imagery versus model handling... net result is 12z NAE considered too far south with Monday's development, hence the 06z run, coupled to 09z high-res output, has been preferred as the more likely solution. Key areas for concern re disruptive impacts by Monday continue as parts of Cornwall and Devon, along with SE corner."

Sounds good, with all the talk of streamers i was begining to think i was going to have to watch this one from the sidelines.

Posted

Back from the shop. Anyone in the Reedham/Cantley area. Looks like some heavy showers breaking out in a line NE/SW, those are the two places I think are likely to be under this at the moment.

Blobbly still not on rain today.Get your butt into gear man!!!

Southernman is leaving for work in Reedham in an hour's time so I've just warned him

Posted

Does anyone know the latest from Ian F. lol.

Good work chaps. Sounds interesting.

Posted

Very snowy run south of M4, some snow a little north of there though perhaps a fairly sharp cutoff as to where the falls happen.

12z GFS may just be a smidge north for that second little area that comes up from the channel...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Heavy Graupel showers here now.

Ooooo that low over Norway is really starting to develop if GFS is to be believed. Also the -8 isotherm is coming back much quicker from the North East I think.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Says the person from NW London lol

Hi Paul

what do you think the chances are for our neck?