Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 10th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Cambridge now -1.4 DP! Need the Murr pulling of prcipitation now....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

post-7073-0-40546300-1362922503_thumb.pn

Hmm there appears to be precipitation following on behind that large blob. Potential for a proper snowtrain to run from Denmark across the north German/Dutch coastline straight into the South East.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I thought I might as well make one.

From about 6pm tonight we should see clearing skies, with the clearing skies we will see a marked increase in showery activity across Eastern coastal counties at first, then transferring inland once that biting ENE wind starts picking up. Showery activity will be more frequent across the North East with streamers possible through the wash and estuary.

Regarding the estuary, I'm seeing little to support a more dynamic situation where showers merge together into a stream of precipitation like 2009, I'd like to be wrong though.

The yellow area is precautionary because showers may be blown quite far inland depending on how much moisture is available and how strong that wind is.

post-15503-0-19763800-1362923603_thumb.j

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

I thought I might as well make one.

From about 6pm tonight we should see clearing skies, with the clearing skies we will see a marked increase in showery activity across Eastern coastal counties at first, then transferring inland once that biting ENE wind starts picking up. Showery activity will be more frequent across the North East with streamers possible through the wash and estuary.

Regarding the estuary, I'm seeing little to support a more dynamic situation where showers merge together into a stream of precipitation like 2009, I'd like to be wrong though.

The yellow area is precautionary because showers may be blown quite far inland depending on how much moisture is available and how strong that wind is.

post-15503-0-19763800-1362923603_thumb.j

Tony Hart would be proud of that. Like it.

Posted

just incase anyone missed ecm

later part of the run

ECM1-192.GIF?10-12

ECM0-192.GIF?10-12

ECM101-192.GIF?10-12

ECM1-216.GIF?10-12

ECM0-216.GIF?10-12

ECM101-216.GIF?10-12

ECM1-240.GIF?10-12

ECM0-240.GIF?10-12

ECM101-240.GIF?10-12

would certainly keep things lively if these verify

look at ecm london ensembles

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/services/ensemble-forecast.html

run above is cold and there are colder options there as well

Posted

Hmm not sure my local weather station is working correctly. About 10 minutes ago it was showing a dew point of 1 degree, now showing -0.1. Could well be correct as the Cambridge weather station is showing -1.4 dew points now. Dew point dropping very nicely, hopefully air temperature can too, currently 2.2 degrees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Tony Hart would be proud of that. Like it.

i like it also...although you may double accums along southern coastal counties, and around 40/50 miles inland of that.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

snowing in herne bay!

Posted

Some notes for caution,

GEFS 6z shows that the precipitation amounts for the operational run are above average. That is to say, there is likely (75:25%) to be less precipitation than what the operational is currently showing for your area.

post-5986-0-12910100-1362924061_thumb.pnpost-5986-0-71876100-1362924050_thumb.pn

We need the low pressure to veer left on it's Easterly trajectory (if you like snow, that is) Best way that's can happen, apart from an Act of God, is for the central pressure of the low system to fall a little bit more way out to the west in the Bay of Biscay.

Almost into nowcasting, now. Will try to do a proper more full analysis after the ruggers.

Edited by Boar Wrinklestorm

Posted

Gritters have just been deployed to pre-treat A & B routes in Croydon and will then move into continuous operations ph34r.png

Posted

Very light flurries on and off here. Radar and rain alarm show some showers are heading this way.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted

snowing in herne bay!

I am right on the sea front so must be a little warmer than where you are as I only have a bit of snizzle,plus you are a few metres higher lol,dp and temp have been dropping for a while so I think we should get some heavier snow overnight!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Those tracking the blob in the north sea may want to use this link http://www.buienradar.nl/

Hopefully it will come in handy later this afternoon and into the evening smile.png

Those tracking the blob in the north sea may want to use this link http://www.buienradar.nl/

Hopefully it will come in handy later this afternoon and into the evening smile.pngThat's very helpful,thanks pinball:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

PPVL89.gif?31415

wednesday is looking interesting as well

Knew it, I looked at the model runs yesterday and thought there might be something coming along Tuesday night into Wednesday. Close to ramp mode at the moment smile.png

Note - Ramp mode will be enabled when Danish blob makes landfall. Preferably delivering a couple of packs of bacon to my house :D

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Gritters have just been deployed to pre-treat A & B routes in Croydon and will then move into continuous operations ph34r.png

Yamkin, dont forget Laud Street please, near the flyover, its lethal after snow. Sorry IMBY post!wink.png

Tom.

Posted

Temp dropping now 2 dew 0 snizzle......love the reports coming in about Aberdeen getting buried and also SW Thread reporting snow.....could be an epic eventspiteful.gif

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Just had a graupel shower - it's a promising start as it is still 3.6c out there but dropping quite fast now