Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 12th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Re the gritting / road conditions etc... Yesterday, my boss drove from east Grinstead to Reigate... Luckily they have a 4x4... Apparently there was snow across the roads until they hit the Surrey border when it had clearly been gritted and the roads were fine. (I know only an inch had fallen at the time)

My work, like many others, will make you take a day's leave for a snow day, so people struggle in... Also, in this circumstance, Reigate and further north have had no more than 2 inches and it probably took many by surprise as they drove south...

Posted

Very little here near Sittingbourne, in fact less than we had last night (I presume it blew away!). Just started again, see the local BBC at 6.55 specifically singled out North West Kent for more though :)

Posted

Stunning Scenes Here, Best Snowfall of the winter, oops I mean Spring!

Will get out with the Camera on the School Run for sure.

Icicles are nearly 2 foot long hanging off the conservatory, Snow on Tables is a good 12cm, Grass still looks to be a decent 3".

Roads look like a dusting due to really strong winds still down here

All Buses cancelled around the SE Essex Area as C Southend is a complete nightmare!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, storms in summer or any extreme!

Abseloutly nothing here apart from the odd smowflake in the breeze, very jealous!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

3 inches approx. here and just started snowing lightly again.took a friend of mine 4 hours to get back from work from Hastings to Bexhill (a 4 mile journey). Not aided apparently by some idiotic drivers.What planet are these people on?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Nout here. This was a total bust for greater London.

The wind is so cold though......to be honest I want warm weather now, recharge the batteries for next winter.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Latest short vid.

Posted

Going by my garden there are a few cms here, (very tops of grass speckled around), wind still gusting and few flakes floating around.

Met have got heavy snow forecast at 0900, can't believe there is still activity on the radar!

Posted

Posted

Notable walking down the hill to the station which affords views towards central Essex that it appears less white there than here. I suspect areas to my south and east (Leigh and Southend ) have fared better than here looking at shower activity last night

Depths tricky to gauge given the wind last night but around 3-4cm widely, more on grass verges / gardens and more still where it has drifted.

March eh !

Posted

Along with a few others I saw the strong possibilities of a potent east/northeasterly

air flow over the UK from some two weeks back and have been avidly following its

evolution through.

Unfortunately though all I have seen from this bitter spell is about a dozen snow flakes

so could I kindly ask from those that have seen plenty of lovely powdery snow could

you please post some pictures, pictures and more pictures.

Morning-

A definite shift in windflow ( as modelled very well ) we are now swining back to the NE instead of ENE so the streamer has come back south & is allligned to the common kent slapper-

Expect it to slide SE in the nex few hours-

4 cm at the height of the snow at Greenhithe- here in bexleyheath sweet FA- the cut off was dartford heath-

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, long warm sunny days in the summer, not to hot.

Started work at 2am, had to go to Reigate then Gatwick then to Crawley. The M25 was shocking this morning. Still snowing here in Crawley.Finished work now back to the fun and games of the M23 and M25.

Posted

Still snowing here in Haywards Heath, blowing around in the wind and all looking very impressive. Must be a good few inches level snow outside with some drifting but I haven't ventured out yet.

Actually looking at the radar a CLASSIC kent streamer is still raging-

This is alligned across the Estuary- diving in through Areas like Inn on the lake & Driving all points SW- With the convection as it is & slow propergation of the change in wind to a North - this is set for a few hours!!!

It should move east towards the Medway towns!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Now,that wind out there is bitter!!

Couple of pics from a bloody quick walk to the shops. rofl.gif

post-17057-0-40611300-1363074139_thumb.j

post-17057-0-40692700-1363074153_thumb.j

post-17057-0-28708100-1363074158_thumb.j

post-17057-0-20790300-1363074156_thumb.j

Posted

Actually looking at the radar a CLASSIC kent streamer is still raging-

This is alligned across the Estuary- diving in through Areas like Inn on the lake & Driving all points SW- With the convection as it is & slow propergation of the change in wind to a North - this is set for a few hours!!!

It should move east towards the Medway towns!!

We already have heavy snow here now and several inches laying from yesterday and overnight. Death to the Medway snow shield! The rotten winter has been made up for. Thank you, Spring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme!

Not a flake of snow in Herne Bay this morning, very overcast though and bitterly cold still cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Still snowing here in Haywards Heath, blowing around in the wind and all looking very impressive. Must be a good few inches level snow outside with some drifting but I haven't ventured out yet.

My sisters kids school is closed, she can't believe we don't have any!