Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Climate Change In The News - Spring 2013

Paul

Posted

Britain drops climate change indoctrination for children under 14.

http://toryaardvark.com/2013/03/18/britain-drops-climate-change-indoctrination-for-children-under-14/

As the evidence increases daily that the scientists and computer models were way off the mark with their fear predictions of GW,children are teached this in schools.

Fascinating.

David bellamy came around to not believe in GW as it was all an agenda.

I wondered where he`d gone off the BBC,a great wildlife presenter to say the least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

http://toryaardvark.com/2013/03/18/britain-drops-climate-change-indoctrination-for-children-under-14/

As the evidence increases daily that the scientists and computer models were way off the mark with their fear predictions of GW,children are teached this in schools.

Fascinating.

I wondered where he`d gone off the BBC,a great wildlife presenter to say the least.

What are you quoting there and what are your own words SO9?

Are kids under 14 in Britain taught about plate tectonics and evolution?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Fascinating.

Yep and rightly too. There as been too much scaremongaring in the last 25 years or so.on this wretched theory. I soon hope its buried beneath the icy waters of the planet, I just wonder who will pick up the conspiracy that the BBC and the likes have pronouced in the last decades....Folks are now catching on that this Climate change is rubbish. CO2 =water vapour. Open youre mouth and breath, =you give off co2 =The surrounding flora and fauna will reply and will give off oxygen.Now harm whatsoeversorry.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

Posted

Open youre mouth and breath, =you give off co2 =The surrounding flora and fauna will reply and will give off oxygen.Now harm whatsoever

I assume that is meant as a jokey response?

Have you not heard of burning carbon fuels which tends to create a touch more CO2 than our breath?

Now whether CO2 is totally responsible for the rise in temperature of the earth for about 150 years albeit with some slow down or even dip.

I have never totally believed either the pro or anti AGW brigade but somewhere in there lies the truth.

Posted

Yep and rightly too. There as been too much scaremongaring in the last 25 years or so.on this wretched theory. I soon hope its buried beneath the icy waters of the planet, I just wonder who will pick up the conspiracy that the BBC and the likes have pronouced in the last decades....Folks are now catching on that this Climate change is rubbish. CO2 =water vapour. Open youre mouth and breath, =you give off co2 =The surrounding flora and fauna will reply and will give off oxygen.Now harm whatsoeversorry.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

So you're saying atmospheric CO2 ain't increasing?

Posted

So you're saying atmospheric CO2 ain't increasing?

Yes it is increasing along with methane ..

Posted

Open youre mouth and breath, =you give off co2 =The surrounding flora and fauna will reply and will give off oxygen.Now harm whatsoever

I assume that is meant as a jokey response?

Have you not heard of burning carbon fuels which tends to create a touch more CO2 than our breath?

Now whether CO2 is totally responsible for the rise in temperature of the earth for about 150 years albeit with some slow down or even dip.

I have never totally believed either the pro or anti AGW brigade but somewhere in there lies the truth.

Yes John . But co2 is a water vapour,,,

Posted

What do you mean that CO2 is a water vapour?

Posted

Whats youre stance on co2:?

Posted

Whats youre stance on co2:?

I wouldn't call it a water vapour.

My stance... I suppose that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, humanity is largely responsible for it's increase over the past hundred and fifty years or so and that increase in CO2 (among other things) is causing an enhanced greenhouse effect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nyet, AW - I think you'll find it's all made of CO2...good.gif

Posted

I'm not sure what the question re CO2 being a water vapour is meant to suggest or imply. Can you elaborate please?

Posted

Are kids under 14 in Britain taught about plate tectonics and evolution?

Yes. Our 10 year olds have covered plate tectonics in year 5. Then again, that particular group at the school are way above the national average and I think it's more comprehensive level. They also covered evolution at the back end of last year and I think that is a comprehensive subject too. They are also of the opinion that climate change is all about some men wanting to make too much money. The group came up with that opinion, given plenty of scientific information aimed at comprehensive school levels.

Funny thing is, my 22 year old also came up with that opinion too while in the 5th year at comp. While I admit my kids know my views on things, I don't push my opinion on them and are told to question everything and make their own minds up. I also have no influence over the group either.

Do you think there is a pattern forming perhaps??

Edited by pottyprof

Posted

Yes. Our 10 year olds have covered plate tectonics in year 5. Then again, that particular group at the school are way above the national average and I think it's more comprehensive level. They also covered evolution at the back end of last year and I think that is a comprehensive subject too. They are also of the opinion that climate change is all about some men wanting to make too much money. The group came up with that opinion, given plenty of scientific information aimed at comprehensive school levels.

Funny thing is, my 22 year old also came up with that opinion too while in the 5th year at comp. While I admit my kids know my views on things, I don't push my opinion on them and are told to question everything and make their own minds up. I also have no influence over the group either.

Do you think there is a pattern forming perhaps??

With the kids, a parents view will trump anything they're shown.

As for the 22 year old, I'm not sure what "comp" is or what it entails. What subjects are he/she studying?

I can say that for a while, my father was a sceptic. He was influenced by my own early opinions on the subject, the media drivel and watched "The Great Global Warming Swindle" before we know what a huge crock it was. He's not a sceptic any longer though.

I can also say that not one person in my current masters class or (the ones that I knew) from my undergraduate class have sceptic/denier opinions on climate change.

Maybe you're right about there being a pattern...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Climate change, as any denier will tell you, has happened throughout Earths history so why not teach our children how it works? The fact that we may well be influencing our current climate change is a different matter completely but Orbital forcings, and terrestrial forcings, that alter climate over time are worth learning about (IMHO).

Posted

Reliability of regional climate trends

Climate information for the future is usually presented in the form of scenarios: plausible and consistent descriptions of future climate without probability information. This suffices for many purposes, but for the near term, say up to 2050, scenarios of emissions of greenhouse gases do not diverge much and we could work towards climate forecasts: calibrated probability distributions of the climate in the future.

http://www.climate-lab-book.ac.uk/2013/reliability-of-regional-climate-trends/

Edited by knocker

Posted

Without question the best stand-up comedian around.

Monckton misfires on Radio New Zealand: a baker’s dozen of errors and deception

Last night Radio New Zealand’s Nights programme — a show with a long-standing commitment to excellent coverage of science and scientists — for some strange reason decided to broadcast an interview with Christopher, Viscount Monckton of Brenchley. Quite why they bothered to give him a platform remains to be seen, but as you might expect, the discount Viscount gave a peerless performance — a veritable

of untruths, misdirections, and straightforward misrepresentations of climate science and economics. At various points you could hear presenter Bryan Crump struggling with his disbelief at what Monckton was asserting — but Monckton is such a polished performer that he was able to brazen his way through even the most arrant nonsense.

http://hot-topic.co.nz/monckton-misfires-on-radio-new-zealand-a-bakers-dozen-of-errors-and-deception/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+co%2FRbRF+%28Hot+Topic%29

Edited by knocker

Posted

ON A LARGE WOODEN deck on a coral cay island in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef, research assistant Aaron Chai removes the lid from one of 12 circular white water tanks.

“This is the ‘do nothing’ tank,†he says, peering inside at a careful arrangement of dead, slimy, algae-covered and bleached-white corals.

In July last year, this small reef ecosystem looked very different – corals of vivid purples and blues beside the bright greens of turtle weeds. Since then the levels of carbon dioxide and temperature in the bowl-shaped tank have been changed to the kind of conditions expected by the end of this century if the world ‘does nothing’ about climate change and its fossil fuel use.

“It’s the slippery slope to slime,†says the University of Queensland’s Associate Professor Sophie Dove, who is running this experiment on the university’s research station on Heron Island, about 80 kilometres off Gladstone in central Queensland.

http://climatecrocks.com/2013/04/19/coral-experiment-shows-co2-deadly-to-reefs/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Without question the best stand-up comedian around.

Monckton misfires on Radio New Zealand: a baker’s dozen of errors and deception

http://hot-topic.co.nz/monckton-misfires-on-radio-new-zealand-a-bakers-dozen-of-errors-and-deception/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+co%2FRbRF+%28Hot+Topic%29

Judging that pile of twaddle, the man must be a complete idiot!

Posted

Judging that pile of twaddle, the man must be a complete idiot!

Don't worry. The usual suspects will continue to ignore the lies, misrepresentations, manipulations and disinformation of Monckton and co. All the while, pouncing on a single ambiguous phrase in a report, a delayed data update, an algorithm change or a study backing AGW as evidence of greenwash prpoganda, jumping on the gravy train, grand international conspiracies and data manipulation by the evil, greedy scientists!

Posted

Agree with anyweather.

I think we need to be far more worried about rising levels of radiation after japan.

C02 has been demonized over the years what a load of propanganda.

Co2 is a natural-occuring,and plants animals humans give off C02 so yes rising,so its better for the planet IMO.

By far the biggest contributors to the greenhouse effect are water vapour and clouds that make up about 95.5%.

Human activity is miniscule.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by pottyprof, April 19, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by pottyprof, April 19, 2013 - No reason given

I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm in a parallel universe.

At times, so do we..........

Posted

^^^Rubbish!

And this is rubbish to you.

Snow is becoming much rarer as the snowline goes further north.

Yea right,just had our coldest march with record snowfall and coldest on record and another below average winter,with plenty of snow.

Snowless winters forecast for the UK was the fearmongering as global temps rise back in 1987/88,well they havn`t risen since 1997,they`ve levelled off,metoffice released it subtely,I would even go to say britain is cooling since 2007.