Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 13th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the South East and East Anglia...

Link to the previous one….

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76111-south-east-and-east-anglia-regional-discussion-12th-march-2013/page__st__760

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Cloudy, Warm (Not Hot) Winter: Thundersnow

BBC forecast mentioned thundersnow tomorrow, the lightening bolt graphic was right in my neck of the woods. Bring it on!

Posted

gfs at 204

gfs-0-204.png?18

gfs-13-204.png?18

gfs-2-204.png?18

guess what tom might be doing next week rofl.gif

MT8_London_ens.png

cold to the 16th then average

15th to the 18th high precipitation

fi on the 18th

from 21st warm or cold??? take your pick

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

looks like the weather wants to make it difficult for the bookies lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Great pictures on show today, some people are really lucky/or unlucky sods. Really shows what the weather can do in March.

The bbc have put up a video which is comparing Mondays conditions to that of last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/21761763

What a difference a year makes. If some of the charts seen tonight come true, we could follow one of the warmest driest March's on record with one of the coldest/wettest. Weather can be quite fascinating at times.

Posted

Great pictures on show today, some people are really lucky/or unlucky sods. Really shows what the weather can do in March.

The bbc have put up a video which is comparing Mondays conditions to that of last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...atures/21761763

What a difference a year makes. If some of the charts seen tonight come true, we could follow one of the warmest driest March's on record with one of the coldest/wettest. Weather can be quite fascinating at times.

That's why I'm here, and trying to learn somethings too.

Guest bjaykent

Even more amazing when you think just over a week ago it was 17c here in Gravesend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Very very light snow here, speckles of it laying on the bin lid :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
Posted · Hidden by tight isobar, March 13, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by tight isobar, March 13, 2013 - No reason given

gfs at 204

gfs-0-204.png?18

gfs-13-204.png?18

gfs-2-204.png?18

MT8_London_ens.pngyes, john nxt week could prove very intresting.the essembles say it all though, (lots of doubt) However evolution, is looking better at present for any precip,in snow form to be higher hit than yesterday sarga.but again its early days.one thing looks almost nailed is any double digits may well be short lived.

fi on the 18th

Guest bjaykent

MT8_London_ens.png

fi on the 18th

Hi John, main run a bit of an cold outlier from 23rd LOL, but still no real sign of spring in the models.

Posted

Hi John, main run a bit of an cold outlier from 23rd LOL, but still no real sign of spring in the models.

the essembles say it all realy at present.lots of doubt However lots to look out for through nxt week with ample snow chance/chances.but there continues to be some quite stunning synoptic,for this stage of proceedings lots of blocking being modelled.any milder blip looks be just that...short lived...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Light dusting of snow on the rooftops here.

Currently rain, possibly freezing rain with ice covering the bins.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by tight isobar, March 13, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by tight isobar, March 13, 2013 - No reason given

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/services/ensemble-forecast.html

not what i would say is remotely warm for march

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/services/ensemble-forecast.html

not what i would say is remotely warm for march

ECM,,,brrrrr.....
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

gfs at 204

fi on the 18th

Glad I'll be getting home to average tbh. I'm also glad my area didn't suffer the worst of the weather - I had minor concerns about frozen pipes. Totally looking forward to warmer weather now. Sick of having had my heating on so much recently / getting home from work to a cold house etc.

The ironic thing is that I reckon I cope with being cold better than more than 95% of the population, easily. Maybe a freezing cold home in childhood winters has made me immune to a degree, but loathing of the situation.

Edited by Steve C

Posted

nao.png

while we see this

things will struggle to warm up

when i see a warm up everyone will know drinks.gif

Posted

Good post, and great link. Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

That thin band just passed through here - 10p sized flakes and loads of them; Everything turned white again after most of the 2cm we got last night melted smile.png

4 minutes later - Heavy drizzle, pretty much all melted again. Hey ho, was nice to see.

Edited by <<Ryan>>

Posted

Posted Yesterday, 23:44

snapback.pngBluebreezer54, on 12 March 2013 - 23:29 , said:

Agree about the drifts from the Folkestone area. Interesting you should say that about Hastings as well TR. My friends down there were suprised by the lack of snow in the area this morning. Battery Hill clear and just a few moderate drifts up on the Firehills. I am still waiting for their photo's !

Actually the snow was very very variable and it surprised me. I left home thinking that there was relatively little thaw as there was at the time (and still is) reasonable snow cover here - but after driving around I realised that towards Rye/Pett Level there was a lot of green showing and much less snow (only a fifteen/twenty minute drive). Positioned as I am on the other side of The Ridge area (to the north east) I wonder if there is some kind of sun shadow that reduces the melting on days like today?

Hmmm, interesting question TR and one I don't have the answer to because it seems as though that area was subject to the frontal snow from The Channel from the south, and the streamer snow coming from the north east at the time.

Close to Firehills just inland from Rye

Posted

That thin band just passed through here - 10p sized flakes and loads of them; Everything turned white again after most of the 2cm we got last night melted smile.png

4 minutes later - Heavy drizzle, pretty much all melted again. Hey ho, was nice to see.

Doesn't bode well for tomorrows snow showers. I wonder if the forcast thunder snow will still be snow.

Posted

I really don't see any potential for thundersnow, but the occasional thunderstorm at the weekend looks possible. Some very unsettled weather possible ?

Alexis no worries about snow showers today. Uppers are ok and we are entering the time of year when temps of 8 degrees can produce snow. The temps simply fall that fast when showers start. Only downside is anything that sticks will fast melt in the gaining strength of the sun.

Posted

hi bb

going to bed now

there is some unstable air around but i do not see thundersnow either

hope im wrong

have a look at this

i wonder how close this month will be to the lower ones

http://www.climate-uk.com/indices/03.htm

http://www.climate-uk.com/index.html

5,1 to the 10th and would have been knocked right down in 2 days

fascinating to watch

more fun tomorrow