Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 17th March 2013 18:30>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Left home early, pelted with er rain up the A9, then saw an early warning sign saying 'CAUTION - SNAW', just before the turning off up my favourite hill road. Aha... and sure enough, 20 mins later I was in near white-out at 250m and the road was disappearing. (and the man at the garage was trying to persuade me to take the winters off last week.) Then on to work and a day of snow showers - unfortunately not quite settling at this quite low altitude, but still here and it's now just about settling. Apparently the Black Isle snawshield has temporarily powered down too.

Will be up at dawn to see what fun's to be had. It won't be the snowfest most of you guys will get but could be all day cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

LS what about Glasgow? Cheers mate

Posted

Pretty wild here in Wishaw with lots of lying snow blowing about in the wind. Currently 0.1c and falling. current.jpg?1363639228

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

At present rate you'll be digging yourself out by the morning. I doubt any marginality issues that us mere Edinburgh mortals might see will affect you and I think you'll be in the firing line all night and into tomorrow so, em, could be looking at anywhere from 4 inches to a foot, IMO.

Looks like its a day off college! Thanks lomond

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

LS what about Glasgow? Cheers mate

Looks like some should start to track your way through Fife in the next few hours.

Posted

And the snow is back on with the flakes blowing around a fair bit in the wind making a very wintry scene under the orange glow of the lampost. Hopefully there'll now be further and more regular showers moving south east across the Campsies from Stirling/North Fife.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Bit of a lull here. Hopefully be back on soon.

same here.Seems everywhere but me.Mind you it is slow moving.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

In all seriousness, next shower should be on in just a minute if it's not on now, looks like a lot pilling in there in the next few hours.

It's here now in SSEmbra - trying very hard to settle, proper trad snowflakes :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Just shows you how easy it is to miss out. I could be in your neck of the woods in 5 minutes if I hopped in the car. But we've seen basically nothing of that one at all ! Slushing continues here..

Heave here now for good 15 mins, looks like a line about to hit Embra in next hour - incoming 101 :-)

Posted

Damp squib!!!!!!

Just getting heavy give it 15 minutes will be on your way as well.

Posted

Any Aberdeen folks confirm what it's like in city. Heavy showers blowing in on string winds here but not lying much yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

It's like a talcum powder blizzard out there at the moment. It's not that windy but the snow is so fine it is blowing in waves making for poor visibility. We have a covering but not getting any deeper yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Mind I said back in November I'd moved all my room round?

View from my sofa... (It was either move the sofa, or move the lamp-post, so I went for the easy option...)

photo-4_zps09840cbb.jpg

Edited by BleakMidwinter

Posted

Any Aberdeen folks confirm what it's like in city. Heavy showers blowing in on string winds here but not lying much yet

There's a light cover on most surfaces in this part of the city and showers coming and going but nothing major at the moment. Is it shaping up to be much less than forecast or will things pick up later?

Posted

Was up past my mums in bridge of don theres a covering there and the further outside the centre, but very little lying in center of town I'm in Mannofield and there is just patches here and there. Its not been that heavy so far.... don't no what to expect tbh

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

just had heavy shower here and looks like more to come but they're not wanting to settle on roads or that

post-18233-0-92308900-1363640203_thumb.jpost-18233-0-49062500-1363640207_thumb.jpost-18233-0-58749700-1363640207_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

Showers seem to have died off up this way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Embra split in half just now - SE part getting the benefit of shower activity, north and west not much happening (although a brief blast here about 10 mins ago)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Embra split in half just now - SE part getting the benefit of shower activity, north and west not much happening (although a brief blast here about 10 mins ago)

Not a huge amount going down here either, seem to be just skirting here at the moment, but the next one looks more likely to be a direct hit. Arthur's Seat playing havoc with snow distribution I think!

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Just measured 5cm on the car, pavements only have about half of that as the wind is scouring it off. Currently heavy fine snow..!

That's 5cm fallen in 3 hours and looking at the fax chart, the occlusion is still over us at lunchtime tomorrow. That's at least a further 15 hours of snow - Assuming there is no change in intensity thats a grand total of 25cm of snow by lunch time tomorrow... very crude way of calculating that especially if it intensifies into constant snow overnight but here's hoping!!

Edited by Ross B