Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 17th March 2013 18:30>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

That's the council clearing the pavements already! What a complete waste of time! Madness!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Oh I can recall quite a few snowy easter holidays in the 1980s in Edinburgh! It's very unusual, yes, but it isn't that rare! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Aye, don't worry , they'll clock off in time to make sure the morning trip to work is impossible !

That's the council clearing the pavements already! What a complete waste of time! Madness!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry, cool and sunny

Been snowing here all day. Snowgates on the Cairn O Mount were shut at 9am this morning as the Police now go on weather forecast rather than the actual road conditions,

Have around 2 inches and the wind is now picking up too so reckon tomorrow will be interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Is it to get heavier for my area? No access to radar sorry. Just can't see it laying on the roads etc as it just keeps melting. :/

At the moment you keep missing the beefiest of the showers so yes, I'd imagine it will get better.

Posted

At the moment you keep missing the beefiest of the showers so yes, I'd imagine it will get better.

Thanks Ls. Kind of promised the kids a snow day. Lol. Won't be very popular if they're woken at 6:45. Bad mummy!!

Posted

Although I am as much a snow fanatic as everyone else on here this continuing persistent cold will impinge on the farm eventually and so I am starting to make contingency plans if sowing is delayed beyond the latest optimum time (late April). Will probably sow out more fields in grass instead and this can be done into May/June .A question for Lomond Snowstorm .Is it possible that we could flip into a drought/hot summer suddenly if the meridional Jetstream goes to the north of us on one of its meanderings and allows hot winds from much further south to track over us or are we stuck on the cold wet /side of the jet for a long time. Our climate does not seem so benign as it used to be Currently light snow and 0c

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Latest from Crail: mostly dry, just the odd flurry. Temp has risen a little in the last hour, from 1c to 1.5c...will likely fluctuate considerably in the next 24 hours.

Edited by Hawesy

Posted

Been snowing on and off here but nothing particularly heavy apart from the odd minute here and there. Slight cover on grass, roofs and cars, layer of slush on pavements but nothing on the roads. Hoping for heavier snow soon to get the covering well and truly down so we have a base to build from.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Still nothing here on South-East Glasgow just wet ground all this hype lol and Glasgow gets nothing, at least its early days all can change in coming hours! We thinking Glasgow may get something anyone? Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Fascinating on the Rain Today radar to see a rabble of snow showers racing through the Central Belt, only each time to evaporate right at the same point just east of Glasgow.

Story of the winter.

Posted

Reporting Scotland forecast didn't look too promising for snow in these parts. Only a few flakes drifting around lazily in the wind so far - losing optimism but hopefully the early hours will deliver at least some snow in the west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Thanks Ls. Kind of promised the kids a snow day. Lol. Won't be very popular if they're woken at 6:45. Bad mummy!!

I told my parents that the heaviest snow was forecast for something like between 3 and 5am, and Mum said brightly, "oh we'll expect hourly updates through the night from you then" at which my Dad, knowing me and my sense of soi-disant 'humour' rather better, shrieked in dismay...

Ohhh, so tempting!

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

12z fax chart looks good for tomorrow

post-18233-0-48597500-1363636038_thumb.g

Posted

Could someone give me an update from close to the Shotts/Harthill area as I'm stuck inside work in motherwell with no windows at the moment. Much appreciated

Posted

Not very impressive piece of night-time photography of the neighbouring bowling green. It's sticking OK but with slushing inbetween-times, it needs more snaw more often over the coming hours to make this truly memorable.

Edit: photo is more reminiscent of Hitchcock's "Rear Window" !

post-9506-0-71352700-1363635989_thumb.jp

Edited by by-tor

Posted

Nice drive home through a couple of showers, lying on grass and roads at the yop of my hill. Light to steady just now and can't work out whether the stream from Perth is coming my way or not!

Wife off and kids in bed, now what first -Jura Superstition, Laphroaig, Glenmorangie, Talisker or Jura Origins?

Posted

at this rate there will be nothing apart from wet roads. lol

I think we need a good hour of persistent snowfall. These ten minute showers wont settle permanently as ground/surface temps are too warm. 3 miles inland though its a ery different story, twas ever thus sadly...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

We have a lovely covering of lying snow everywhere, no melt and some drifting at windows etc. Looking good for later. Just have enough elevation this time

Posted

Tiny marginal temperature shift in the right direction in uppers or wet bulb/dry bulb could make all the difference here.

I think we need a good hour of persistent snowfall. These ten minute showers wont settle permanently as ground/surface temps are too warm. 3 miles inland though its a ery different story, twas ever thus sadly...