Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 17th March 2013 18:30>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

frustrating so far.surfaces too warm.need heavy snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Edit - more like graupel or hail at the mo but still white everywhere. Battering the windows just now in the strong wind.

Posted

It's covering over here now, temp has fallen back. Our school has already taken the decision to cancel all transport tomorrow and have sent out a text to say only those who can walk safely should attend.

Posted

Just been out and measured the snow, 3cm level in the shelter with 3 inches drifted up against the walls. Hope this keeps up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Showers just skirting Edinburgh at the moment and heading west, though the East Lothian stream looks to be heading our way soon.

A92 is covered back in Fife, typical!

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

finally caught a decent shower with big fat flakes everything turning white now and looks like more on line to here on radar

Posted

LS, are the showers we currently have going to develop into the occlusion as the group together or are they the occlusion to the north of the low? Or does something else happen through the night?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Just had to explain to that nervous-driving Young Relative out in East Lothian that "I haven't any choice to make every attempt to drive to Edinburgh tomorrow morning" is in fact incorrect.

To hand in an essay.

Not exactly "haven't any choice" - given that said YR is also seriously stricken with flu and has existing respiratory problems. Young Rellie is now firmly informed that they are going nowhere tomorrow. Otherwise their grandad and I will be on their case like they would not believe...

If you aren't Scottish Skiier or someone quite a lot like him in driving experience, then you stay off the roads tomorrow morning, I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Latest shower here full of hail heard it bouncing off everything, radar is looking simply awesome.

Posted

Latest shower here full of hail heard it bouncing off everything, radar is looking simply awesome.

Aye, just need some thunder snow to top this winter (spring!) off!!

Posted

Moderate snow back on but heavier and persistent snow is needed for any accumilations. Perhaps this is a lull before more organised snowfall later in the night?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

LS, are the showers we currently have going to develop into the occlusion as the group together or are they the occlusion to the north of the low? Or does something else happen through the night?

The occlusion that's currently sitting off the northeast of England will push up towards us I believe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Typical urban slushfest down here just now. Long way to go but would be dissapointed to wake up here to 2mm's of cold grey runny wallpaper paste.

Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

Lomond how much do you think Whitburn and Fauldhouse Would get at the End of this? only Worried cause a dont want to drive to college if its still snowing Like it is now

Posted

The occlusion that's currently sitting off the northeast of England will push up towards us I believe.

looking at the radar Northumberland must be getting a pasting (as usual!)

Posted

Lomond how much do you think Whitburn and Fauldhouse Would get at the End of this? only Worried cause a dont want to drive to college if its still snowing Like it is now

At present rate you'll be digging yourself out by the morning. I doubt any marginality issues that us mere Edinburgh mortals might see will affect you and I think you'll be in the firing line all night and into tomorrow so, em, could be looking at anywhere from 4 inches to a foot, IMO.

Posted

I find it really odd that we have a streamer out in the Firth in more or less the same position as last Sunday/Monday. Snowing off and on still 0c

Posted

Typical urban slushfest down here just now. Long way to go but would be dissapointed to wake up here to 2mm's of cold grey runny wallpaper paste.

Fingers crossed.

Yes, have to say im not overly confident tbh but latest heavy shower is turning everything white again, just melts as soon as it's off though

Posted

Fingers crossed.

Back on quite heavy here, should be with you in the next 10-15 minutes.

Any thoughts on central fife?

It's an underrated part of the world, some quite nice bits to itrofl.gif

In all seriousness, next shower should be on in just a minute if it's not on now, looks like a lot pilling in there in the next few hours.