Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 17th March 2013 18:30>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Settling on the cars here now too. From the torrential rain of gatwick to the depths of winter in cumbernauld. Interesting day :p

Posted

Similar depths here but the wind is already starting to make small snowdrifts! What do you reckon the chances of the train being off tomorrow lorenzo?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Reminds me very much of November 28th 2010, when uppers were similarly forecast to nudge just slightly above -8C when the main band was meant to come in. Fortunately this also coincided with nightfall and in the endit remained as snow, beginning perhaps the snowiest week of my lifetime for my location.

Posted

It is! Small world. What a view of the Pentlands you get, or today of just snow. Proper covering almost here now.

Yes, a fantastic view. I was in room 203 ;)

It was a crap, mild winter when I was in Pollock, with just a brief, weak easterly episode in Feb 2007 IIRC. A dusting that barely lasted a day!

Enjoy tonight :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Still very marginal down in the Glen Almond. Temperature +0.6C/-0.2C (-0.2C/hour).

Snow is lying much more easily up on the A85 Crieff road and especially on the M90 past Broxden roundabout.

This is the usual scenario for these parts in these synoptics.

Posted

worryingly wet sleety snow in N Edinburgh - heavy tho

can someone throw me some straws to clutch at? intensity to increase? Temperatures to drop?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Similar depths here but the wind is already starting to make small snowdrifts! What do you reckon the chances of the train being off tomorrow lorenzo?!

Am pretty confident of not going anywhere tomorrow at this rate Ross. Ventured out back to check out the other lamp post and got covered instantly. Estimate 3-4cms already.

post-7292-0-69925200-1363633840_thumb.jppost-7292-0-78835200-1363633740_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

Around an inch here now, with the grass almost completely gone! Mini drift against garage wall already. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

worryingly wet sleety snow in N Edinburgh - heavy tho

can someone throw me some straws to clutch at? intensity to increase? Temperatures to drop?

Temperatures continuing to drop, now down to 0C at the Airport, 1C at the wunderground stations all around the town (including 1C in Leith), intensity to increase too, big line of showers heading in to work with so some will undoubtedly be heavier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

streets and pavements all white here...I'm at the top end of Leith Walk, maybe another 50 metres higher than Trinity. It's that marginal. But everything heading the right way I think....

lol by-tor - are u on a roof :)

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

nice run from the ECM tonight its taken a step back to the cold side

Posted

streets and pavements all white here...I'm at the top end of Leith Walk, maybe another 50 metres higher than Trinity. It's that marginal. But everything heading the right way I think....

Dammit man you've skipped the snow queue somehow! Still not quite there yet on the tarmac, must just be lack of intensity at the moment, West Lothian taking a beating as always! Glad I didn't go out to Armadale or I don't think I would've made it back.

Posted

At this rate I'd expect to see 10cm before midnight never mind overall!

Edited by 101_North

Posted

Only covering the cars here but it's amazing to see it settling this late in march! Weird for sure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Just check that train of cloud streets dialling in on the East coast...

post-7292-0-95377100-1363634482_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Still very marginal down in the Glen Almond. Temperature +0.6C/-0.2C (-0.2C/hour).

Snow is lying much more easily up on the A85 Crieff road and especially on the M90 past Broxden roundabout.

This is the usual scenario for these parts in these synoptics.

I can confirm snow is settling up here - temp 0.0/-1.2 Hopefully it should start settling down in glens soon :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Think we must have been under the centre of that last burst. But now its off again and its slushing up again.

Nothing like last weeks beautiful snow - but if it keeps going over the coming hours then we should get some traction even at street level.

Dammit man you've skipped the snow queue somehow! Still not quite there yet on the tarmac, must just be lack of intensity at the moment, West Lothian taking a beating as always! Glad I didn't go out to Armadale or I don't think I would've made it back.

Posted

Snow is quite thick now on cars and tables. The pavements are just like puddles though, starting to doubt that anything will lie on them tonight. Has anyone seen snow landing on really wet ground?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Must be coming up for an inch already. Periods of superfast massive snowflake snow then little flakes but still coming down fast. Just keeps coming.

T dropping slowly too. 0.3 C.

Posted

Think we must have been under the centre of that last burst. But now its off again and its slushing up again.

Nothing like last weeks beautiful snow - but if it keeps going over the coming hours then we should get some traction even at street level.

Next shower looks like hitting this side a bit more, starting off as soft hail now before moving towards the bigger flakes and then fine sheets.

Posted

Absolutely belting blizzard atm! Trying to see if paul is around to stream this!