Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 21/03/13 09z ------->

A.J

Posted

And slightly further south we have sleet and rain. Not even a hint of settling snow.

Sorry to hear that. But as I said earlier, I think tomorrow night and Saturday morning will be much better for you :)

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Perhaps this difficulty accumalating is why the MetO arn't going for to 30 to 50cms predicted by NAE/GFS.

Somehow the heavy green snow on the radar is getting further away from Leics.. hmm. Ohwell, coming down fairly well I guess.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Much more difficult for snow to accumulate end of March with soil temperature profile above zero, and air temps only close to 0c, snow would need to be very heavy indeed to build up.

Posted

Nothing here for me yet, hopefully things will pick up soon.

should do, snow bit lighter here, cars just whiting over, heavy stuff to follow.

good.gif

Posted

Can't see much settling snow happening here if conditions stay the same Very wet snow for the last few hours just soaking everything not even a hint of settling

Posted

Can't see much settling snow happening here if conditions stay the same Very wet snow for the last few hours just soaking everything not even a hint of settling

Starting to settle on cars for me. As for road, no.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Did think settling snow would be hard to come by tonight. Another worry heading into tommorrow night.

Posted

Starting to settle on cars for me. As for road, no.

I have a good friend - retired Professor of Geophysics from Leicester University lives in Countesthorpe. But he also has a house in Wester Ross in NW Scotland!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Im sure all this talk about its on cars and roofs but not on roads and pavements within the next few hours will be all past tence.

we have hours of this yet and as temps drop a touch further more will see snow.

Here in Moseley, SW Birmingham, main road outside is suddenly looking drier, and there are tracks developing suddenly. Not in the sense that there is a full covering of snow and wheel tracks, but suddenly the road isnt looking wet like before, and there is clearly settling going on in the untracked portions. Traffic thinning out, becoming rarer. Potential building at this point. But we need a bit of a temperature drop still, and ideally no more cars...

Posted

I think tonight is just a taster really - I expect to wake up to some form of slushy deposit - maybes decent cover on the grass and what not, but not on the roads. I don't want too much disruption because I want to get up to York on my friend's stag-do! I suspect Saturday will be the killer day - particularly in the East Mids. Travel tomorrow daytime or Sunday afternoon!

Posted

Settling nicely here in Wednesbury, everything white over. Accumulations shouldn't really be a problem, even in late March, with the temperatures being below normal for so long

Im sure all this talk about its on cars and roofs but not on roads and pavements within the next few hours will be all past tence.

we have hours of this yet and as temps drop a touch further more will see snow.

Im looking outside now and thinking youre probably right on that. Question for those of us right in the city is whether the snow can come hard and thick and undisturbed enough to snow us in...

Posted

4" drift by the front door and snow falling steadily. Wind has eased off substantially though satellite signal has gone down.

I wish someone would explain to me why there are still cars driving up and down the road at this time. Thought they were becoming scarce, and then about 10 in a minute suddenly. Why are these people still out. Still intensity is slightly up at this point, and road is looking vaguely snowy now.

Posted

Grrr all the intense stuff is dieing off past coventry before it gets to Leicester, Notts, Derby sad.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Sticking now in Stoke. The wind is really blowing...not seen this before with snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

To new members PLEASE put your location in your profile......IE when your saying "its snowing here" we know where you are.

Posted

It's suddenly got awesomely heavy now, just as the temperature hits dead 0C, and this heavier burst has now co-incided with the immediate settling of it all on roads. What makes it all the more spectacular looking though is the constant swirling of the flakes in the wind - I'd certainly not like to be out in this tonight.

Posted

has it stalled yet?

Yes, the number nine bus has successfully crashed at the foot of my road yet again, for the third consecutive winter. rofl.gif