Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 21/03/13 09z ------->

A.J

Posted

Nothing here really, a little bit of slush on the cars and some on the grass mainly rain and very wet.

More than we have here! Not even been that wet - only 3mm overnight. Quite windy though!

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

3 inches or so.....stopped now,localised though, hardly any snow around Bham.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Looks like that's it for a while for brum, bits of pieces of sleet/snow but not much more for an hour or two, front seems to have gone a bit further north than expected. Tonight looks good though and that was always going to be the main event for us as the colder uppers move south allowing greater accumulations.

Posted

just taken a look at the 00z run of the nmm and yup where in for a battering tonight!!

Post some pics :)

Posted

Supposed to be travelling to Crewe tomorrow would appreciate if anyone on the route could let me know what its like at the moment . . will check again over the next 24 hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Good Friday snowfest on GFS 00Z, looks like today a day of intermittent light sleet/snow, and the main snow tonight

I expect a thaw of this snow now, but return later

Posted

Good Friday snowfest on GFS 00Z, looks like today a day of intermittent light sleet/snow, and the main snow tonight

I expect a thaw of this snow now, but return later

I'm on a snow day, Barnfields is closed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Yes a lot of schools closed today, more in fear of how much snow was forecast to fall than the reality out there currently. A sad reflection of the health and safety obsessed society we now live in, schools hardly ever closed in my day!

Posted

Moderate snowfall continues here, has been the case since around 3/4am but no signs of settling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Advice please we are near ashby de la zouch north west leicestershire my son is 8 today and my wife has spent a month preparing a spy party so we have 10 kids at our house at about 430 obviously my son is really excited. Looking at the radar it all looks to be moving northeast with us being in a gap, but people are talking about it moving back south east if so looks like we will be in the firing, do I need to start to warn my son we may have to postpone his party or should we be ok?

Posted

2 to 4 inches here in East Wales (depending on surfaces) but currently freezing rain pingin on the windows!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The front should start to pivot then stall at some point soon, as the Atlantic looses the battle. The snow may ease a little but will intensify as the day goes on, snow may turn to rain or sleet for a time at lower levels before turning back to snow during the evening. Some places should see another 24hrs + of snow. Still mod snow here, with white-out conditions and drifting.

Temp -1.3c

Dp -1.7c

Wind Chill -4.8c N/N/E

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Snowing here in Nottingham but roads fine, grass & pavements though have a covering. North Notts again getting the worst. However the main event for us appears to be tonight so don't be too disappointed with what we have currently. At the moment a good chance of heavy snow for Nottingham tonight

Posted

post this please shaky?

You know what this might sound stupid but i dont know how to post the pictures😒!!but the snow starts from 7 this evening and lasts all the way till tomorrow afternoon!!

Posted

Advice please we are near ashby de la zouch north west leicestershire my son is 8 today and my wife has spent a month preparing a spy party so we have 10 kids at our house at about 430 obviously my son is really excited. Looking at the radar it all looks to be moving northeast with us being in a gap, but people are talking about it moving back south east if so looks like we will be in the firing, do I need to start to warn my son we may have to postpone his party or should we be ok?

By 6pm id be surprised if there's more than a couple of CMS outside.

Posted

4" snow in telford. First couple of inches slushy, the more recent stuff is quite firm. A foot drift at the front door. No roads gritted. Moderate snow as I left.

Shrewsbury has a light dusting and it's raining as usual.

Posted

Anyone have thoughts/ideas about timings for the good stuff tonight and how long we're likely to see it snow for. Supposed to have my bro in law down from Huddersfield!?!

Posted

just been out in the panda, hell really bad on the tops, 6 to 8inches and 2 to 3 feet drifts, all side roads and B roads terrible, main Chesterfield to Matlock road was fine.

upload pics later, could go for drive up to Buxton late afternoon.

Posted

You know what this might sound stupid but i dont know how to post the pictures😒!!but the snow starts from 7 this evening and lasts all the way till tomorrow afternoon!!

Right click on them save them to pc then click reply on this thread add them as an attachment