Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 21/03/13 09z ------->

A.J

Posted

Bloke reporting from Belfast on BBC news is getting pounded by snow.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes PM things are bad enough already and its only been snowing for 10 hours so just cant think what another 24 hours will bring....power cuts could well happen if this continues as it is and with the roads this bad it could be a few days before anybody could get here. just glad we have plenty of coal and food to keep us going..... not seen it this bad up here for a long time.

Yes it's looking like Winter 09/10 out there, an interesting day or two coming up. We have certainly broken records for March here in these part's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Well we have a slow thaw going on in West Malvern, cars struggled to get out this morning in the slippery slush, temp has gone up to 1.3oC, we've even had some light rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Yes it's looking like Winter 09/10 out there, an interesting day or two coming up. We have certainly broken records for March here in these part's.

Yes just like 09/10 we needed a JCB in the end to get out of the drive. tease.gif

Posted

Well we have a slow thaw going on in West Malvern, cars struggled to get out this morning in the slippery slush, temp has gone up to 1.3oC, we've even had some light rain!

I think that was expected, the South and South West Midlands were always forecast to be in the milder upper air at least for a time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Around 10-15cm here on outskirts of stoke on Trent, 800ft asl and lots blowing off fields, drifts

Already up to 2ft.

At work now in centre only around 5cm and

Getting a bit slushy

Where are you based on outskirts? Here we have around 5cm...it is quite wet stuff. I did expect more than this really. The wind is the issue mind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Well an entertaining evening.....Looking forward to todays events

I have set up a live stream with Ustream which hopefully will work!

(please excuse the crappy adverts and quality from the Basic account - Not a long term option for Mr Pieunknw.gif )

i`ll be running from about 11am from http://brumcam.co.uk/brumlive.htm

Posted

Bigsnow

We are due to take caravan to Carsington Water tomorrow is it a no go do you think?

Not aimed at me, but i would cancel...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

We have nothing in leicester , really disappointing . Not getting hopes up for tonight's event ...

All snow now melted in Nottingham. Not confident about tonight either.

I think we were unfortunate in that the heavier snow dissipated before it reached us. Tonight's set up looks considerably better for our region, though.

Posted

(please excuse the crappy adverts and quality from the Basic account - Not a long term option for Mr Pieunknw.gif )

Wow not much snow there

Posted

Ul av to repost often if there's anything worth watching later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

13032306_2206.gifgfs-2-24.png?6

Morning all, as expected the snow as gone north and now the its the quite bit in between the snow thats coming later

inwhich we could see 18 to 24 hrs of persistent heavy snow and blizzards for some parts,the worst conditions will be in

the early hours and still snowing heavily into saturday morning as seen on the charts above.ENJOY!.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Latest BBC forcast has 10-15cms by tommorow right over the midlands "even to low levels"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Not aimed at me, but i would cancel...

Yes, so would I.

Today is the 14th consecutive day with sleet or snow falling here, quite impressive for the time of year.

Posted

Bigsnow

We are due to take caravan to Carsington Water tomorrow is it a no go do you think?

Would wait and see but if the snow gets as bad as they say i wouldnt try it. the main roads are ok its the village roads that are difficult and with the snow due to get worse this evening and over night i doubt they will any better...

Posted

I think we were unfortunate in that the heavier snow dissipated before it reached us. Tonight's set up looks considerably better for our region, though.

Your quite right as disappointing as this morning was in Nottingham (most snow now gone) its tonight which was always going to be best for our region, as it sinks south condititions should be perfect, Im as confident as I can be with the weather that we will wake up to a decent covering tomorrow

Posted

Yes, so would I.

Today is the 14th consecutive day with sleet or snow falling here, quite impressive for the time of year.

It sure is impressive TM.. The coldest snowy'est March in my lifetime. This evening/tonight could be even more impressive, if the models are to be believed.

Posted

Yes, so would I.

Yep same here we have had so many days with snow falling and some with it settling too infact we still had some snow left from last week in drifts before this started... very odd even at this time of the year, yes we get snow late in the season as being 1000ft asl but this month has been something special so far...drinks.gif

Posted

Yep same here we have had so many days with snow falling and some with it settling too infact we still had some snow left from last week in drifts before this started... very odd even at this time of the year, yes we get snow late in the season as being 1000ft asl but this month has been something special so far...drinks.gif

Nice to have another local on board Bigsnow good.gif, yes drift's have held on around here for the last few weeks under the walls and hollows.

Edited by Polar Maritime