IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 21/03/13

The watcher

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Was wondering if it was snowing again with anyone. Just looking at radar and looks like it should be.

Sorry MS seen your post.

Light snow here in Bangor - proper snow this time and not the wet stuff from yesterday!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Veeeeeery light snow here. Where the snow had started to melt and gone slush has dried up too. The roads won't be great tomorrow Id say.

Posted

Looks like we got incoming on the Antrim coast! I wonder if it will gain strength crossing the Irish Sea?

Been building an igloo in the front garden but might be a bit ambitious. No shortage of snow though!

Also took a drive up the Colin Road and it was mental. Got Some photo's will upload later. Big Snow drifts up there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Looks like we got incoming on the Antrim coast! I wonder if it will gain strength crossing the Irish Sea?

Been building an igloo in the front garden but might be a bit ambitious. No shortage of snow though!

Also took a drive up the Colin Road and it was mental. Got Some photo's will upload later. Big Snow drifts up there.

Would love to see that igloo blum.gif Sounds like fun, however I've seen a few videos of how to do it and how long it would take and I just don't think I could stay outside in the snow that long, a couple of snowmen is about all I can manage before I'm frozen to bits.

Edited by cue_killar

Posted

Electricity just went out for a few minutes here, streetlights and all. Hope that's not a sign of things to come lol. Five minutes up the road has had no electric for the past hour or so and none for 12 hours yesterday, so guess I've been lucky!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Watcher can you do me a favor and delete my last 3 posts with photos please. I will rezize the photos properly then repost. Thanks

Done mate.

Was snowing here earlier whilst I was playing snooker.

Posted

Thanks bud. Been snowing light here for about 6 hours, and I mean light!! Lol! Will get the photos up tomorrow again. Funniest thing about my walk on the Glenshane today was when I jumped over a fence and into what I thought was solid ground. Ended up above my waist in a snow drift with the new camera above my head(baring in mind that the camera was £1200 pound). Just as well it's weather sealed!! Lol. Any of you fancy a walk on the Glenshane on Monday? There's a forest up near the top that I've always fancied a walk up through and it wasn't accessible today so hopefully it will be on Monday when I'll be up again! Need Blue skies for nice photos! Lol.

Posted

Well I think the excitement is over but the snow is still lying! It's going to be fun trying to get anywhere in the next few days!!

Posted

Well I think the excitement is over but the snow is still lying! It's going to be fun trying to get anywhere in the next few days!!

Indeed, don't think I'll get out of the street. Went out this morning and started digging but it's pointless as the whole street needs cleared. Will walk to main road and get a lift to work tomorrow.

Wifes car this morning:

s2_zps5281126a.jpg

Started digging to get my car out but thought it would be easier to get a lift, lol.

s1_zps51a16284.jpg

Posted

I'd love more snow too. It's melted away a wee bit but its cold enough so it'll take a few days away. My snow is nowhere near as deep as what people have posted here but I'm still happy with it :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

The snow at my own house is gone. Probably still some laying at higher end of Bangor. Didn't get a chance to sledge either. Who fancies coming to get me?

Posted

The week ahead folks. A repeat of last Fridays snow for some areas and snow showers feeding in from the East through the week. Interesting for late March. Winter just doesn't want to let go.....

Posted

Thanks for sharing Baltic!

If there IS to be any snow for this coming weekend then I hope it waits until after 7am on Friday morning. Have a flight from Belfast City to Manchester haha.