Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 21/03/13

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!

There was similar scenes in 1983 I think it was, in Dublin anyway, I was only a kid so not sure how widespread it was.

Does anyone know if its still looking good for the south at the end of the week?

Edited by jamesd

Posted

Great news that Dublin is getting some snow after patiently listening to us wittier away about our snowfall for the last week. A very light new covering overnight here but nothing to write home about.

Posted

another covering here this morn. bbc said last night that the breakdown will not happen on friday, cold will hang on.

Posted

Don't think there was ever gonna be a real breakdown on Friday. The front only really makes it to the Southern Tip of Ireland the gets pushed away again.

Posted

Nice covering in Swords 4 - 5 cm :) and still snowing

Posted

North suburbia Dublin just had a heavy fall of huge snowflakes. About 2cm on the ground, but thawing rapidly even though the sun isn't out. Looking at the radar, there's more ag teacht! Best snowfall since 2010...

Posted

only dustings this morning but seriously impressive snowfall intensity in some of the showers. Got one just after nine that maybe even surpassed the 2010 shower intensities...could be that March sun!

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

1.30 pm and i am enjoying the heaviest snow /hail shower of the winter ..on my 6th day in a row of falling snow ..new record !!

Posted

Dundalk area looks like it could get something more significant...nice streamer action up there

Edited by patneve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Couple of heavy snow showers here this afternoon. Nothing lay but intense showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Frost, Thunder and Storms

Had a light covering here this morning after a few heavy snow showers last night and again up to about 10am this morning - showers were lighter and less frequent after that with good sunshine at times this afternoon

Some flurries still blowing in the wind here now - but I think one these showers die out overnight and in the morning we may finally say adieu to snow again until next winter as latest models show a cold dry spell ahead with risk of rain sleet in south-west before a gradual warm up in early April

It has been an exciting last few months - I have seen numerous days of falling snow since mid January ranging from flurries to heavy showers with some lying snow experienced on 5 of those days plus a few dustings - certainly beats the 5 minute snow shower (Dec 2011) I saw in the previous 2 years between Jan 2011 and mid Jan 2013

Roll on summer and barbeques now and then back to snow chasing again next November

EWS

Posted

That low-mid level inversion that eroded to allow the Irish Sea to spring into action 48 hours ago is set to return later tonight and stamp out a lot of the activity by morning. I would expect a lot more in the way of scattered stratcumulus tomorrow with maybe just the odd snow grain.

Amazing setup this week.

Posted

Pats of Dublin getting a hammering atm. Some very heavy snow and settling steadily. However a certainty the cloud tops will start to get capped before morning and so less intense activity.

Edited by The Eagle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Frost, Thunder and Storms

Light covering of snow here again this morning with grass and rooftops etc. all white - with flurries still blowing in the wind - wasn't expecting this as sky was clear and radar did not suggest anything for here when going to bed at 11am last night - obviously a few heavy snow showers arrived during the night

crazy weather considering Monday is 01st April

EWS

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

snow cover on the grass,roofs etc melting quickly now though,thats the 5th morning this month ive had some snow cover although its always gone by late morning or lunch time.

A snow flurry atm, last nights low -0.2c,current temp 1.4c.