Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 21/03/13

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Snowjon, cracking pictures. Should have gave me a shout and made it a four man trek. Warmer here at the minute, feels lovely in the sun.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Lovely day today,a cool,fresh clear sunny day. Cut the grass for the first time this year,ground was fairly dry. Max temp 6.5c,current temp 2.5c.

Posted

Snowjon, cracking pictures. Should have gave me a shout and made it a four man trek. Warmer here at the minute, feels lovely in the sun.

Next time watcher!

Posted

Anyone catch the newsline special, what was it all about and any good?

Posted

Yes, really feel for those farmers, and I do wonder, we had a good 3-5 day warning of what was coming and they should have been warned to bring their livestock in. More needs to be done about early weather warnings for agriculture.

Hibernation Baltic? Please wake up from time to time and come and say hello.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

what a good afternoon ..after -5'C this morning = 3rd coldest night of the 'winter' ..!

Posted

some sharp frosts last few nights. -4.4c this morning. winters last hurrah I think. think everyone looking forward to summer now that's why its so quiet here! some big drifts left on sl beagh when I was up thurs evening and will be interesting to see when the last snows will melt from the hills and mountains.

Posted

Rain arriving as I type, been a very dry couple of weeks.

Posted

A rather wet day with rain on and off and heavy at times ,max temp 9.5c. The first proper rain ive seen today in 3 weeks(did have one or two very light showers) as we head back into our more normal weather regime.

Posted

A mostly dry and very windy day with a max temp of 15.2c the warmest temp i have recorded since early October.

Edited by sundog

Posted

all snow gone round here. still some big drifts visible across the sperrins.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

this winters SSW from the NASA GEOS-5

Posted

Take it slow in the garden just yet .. current forecast for next Saturday is SNOW ! .. followed by -5 to -8'C over a large area ..potentially the coldest night of the winter for some !!!

Posted

yeah bbc  goin for a return to much colder conditions after Thursday this week. not sure it will be welcome by even the most avid snow heads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

I've just been in hospital with pnuemonia for a week, as much as I love snow I really don't want to go back there so I could do with something warmer for now till I'm better :( It's still painful to lie down and move around but I think I'm recovering, should be up and about soon I hope!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

By far the most "summer like" day of the year so far in Cork. Up to 18C with blue skies!

I've just been in hospital with pnuemonia for a week, as much as I love snow I really don't want to go back there so I could do with something warmer for now till I'm better sad.png It's still painful to lie down and move around but I think I'm recovering, should be up and about soon I hope!

Get well soon ck!

Edited by BornFromTheVoid

Posted

Still not what I class as t-shirt weather, but saving the heating around the house. I usually like 25c upwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I got to spend 3 days in a t-shirt earlier this week, 18C, 19C and 16C days, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Though I barely feel the cold at all!

Some nice convection about today, with a heavy hail shower this morning.

Posted

Few April showers this week and nice anvils, but still haven't heard some thunder. Must be near 3 years now.

Posted
Posted

yet more evidence of the current Irish famine .. without imported food for ourselves and other animals ! Whither it's weather or climate our south-westerlies seem to have forgotten the way to Ireland  .  Glad to see 4wd being able to help (profit?)

Posted

A bright day today with just the odd shower felt fairly cool in the wind,max temp 14.2c,current temp a chilly 5.9c