Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 21/03/13

The watcher

Posted

Has been snowing all day here. A good six inches and serious drifts. Have been without power for 2-3 hours now. Took my wee girl out initial for about 15 minstrel sledging but the wind is so strong the snow stings when it hits so hard.

Definitely getting good heavier and it is also getting colder!

Get home safe and sit tight folks!

Edited by Baltic Regions

Posted

Well that was a pretty epic Journey, Set off from Dublin at 6.30am, arrived in Ballymena 2.35pm. First flooding, then blizzards, cars abandoned, extremely high snow drifts, lorrys, buses, cars stuck. Roads closed. Scary journey, got stuck a few times and bumper hanging off car but managed to get moving again

Posted

I'm gutted! Not a mm of snow to be seen. I know it can be dangerous and some people arent enjoying the snow but I'm well and truly hacked off now. I was kind of hoping the forecasts might have got it wrong and we got in on some of the action but not to be.

Posted

A few pics from the Glenshane earlier.

Seen your photo on Northern Ireland Weather :D Nice one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Out of work early as my living room window is letting in water :(. Dunno what the weather is like at home. It'll be a surprise - just know its bad!

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

just been up sl Beagh to see some lying snow .. slushy stuff at 300 meters ..just not my winter for snow .. yet ... those who can .. enjoy

Posted

Can i make a suggestion to anybody that hasn't got a Sky signal. If there is snow covering the LMB(receiver) on the dish then if you can reach it with a brush or even the garden hose to remove the snow. Be carefull not to move the dish if your using a brush! Used to work for Sky and that was the tech support i always used to give. Worked 95% of the time. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

If we get an extended period of heavy snow here in Bangor (rather than the light - moderate - semi-heavy stuff) then I could see it laying and sticking. Surface temps now cold enough to see that flakes are laying for longer and if this freezes over. Could be epic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Still hammering down with snow.

How do i post pictures on my phone on here?

The only way is to either transfer them to PC and attach from there. Or, post them to facebook and use the image URL method pasting it onto the forum so we can look at them. I could then edit the post and use the picture embed button for you.

Posted

Power is back on YaY!!!!!!!

Charging everything that can be charged while the power is on.

takeaway tonight just to be on the safe side!

Saw your pic on NIW Ronan! Good Man.

Gonna put up a few more pics later.

Should be seeing Captain Morgan soon!

Posted

Snowing here again lightly. Power doesn't seem too stable either. I don't know if any more snow will lie because the ground is pretty wet/snow slushy, but maybe things will change when it's night a colder?

Posted

Cool :). Only downside of today is that I've felt cold since I left for work at half 7 this morning! Home and off for the weekend now so more snow would be appreciated haha.

Posted

Some load of snow since last night, just over 7" lying on our patio with maybe twice that or more where it's drifting. Managed to make a wee igloo with the son out in the garden earlier and stick our cat in it, lol. So if you're cat has fancied a night in an igloo I'm sure I can do a special rate for netweather pets. laugh.png

catloo_zps440feb0e.jpg

Posted

Some load of snow since last night, just over 7" lying on our patio with maybe twice that or more where it's drifting. Managed to make a wee igloo with the son out in the garden earlier and stick our cat in it, lol. So if you're cat has fancied a night in an igloo I'm sure I can do a special rate for netweather pets. laugh.png

catloo_zps440feb0e.jpg

Brilliant watsy!!! I'm in the same place as you, have never seen snow like it.

Btw might send my cat over for a night in the luxury igloo!! ;)