Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 21/03/13

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I went to look outside there and my bedroom window is plastered in snow lol! Looked out from the back of the house instead. No mad accumulations here yet but the snow is going sideways. Wind still howling!

Posted

Still very heavy snow here on north coast, only 3-4 cm lying on higher ground must be really deep

Posted

Kept awake all night by crazy strong wind. Would have liked some snow, but hey ho it was never forecast to make it this far. A bit of heavy rain today me thinks. Just hope the roof stays on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Nothing here in donaghadee. Just 70mph winds, rain and hail. It's been the same all winter like I said. A complete non event. Good luck to ones with snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Just about got up the hill home. Very slushy and cold and my feets are wet :(

Posted

Fair play to Roger! he called rain during the day.. It was raining going throgh carryduff and glengormley this morning! and they have elevation. Complete damp sqid by met office! this was my fear yest as i didnt think there would be that much! 30cms! get real

Posted

Snow back on in Carryduff now Neiller.

If that is falling as snow then you could get some fair totals in next few hours, radar looks good for ye, thought the temp might be getting marginal but see you have a nice 130metres.

Posted

Think it may just be hills that get affected from now till tomorrow. No idea were they got 10-15 cms on low ground. However there was bout two-3 inches going through saintfield and carryduff. A bit of elevation must help. Though saintfield is only bout 80 metres ASL.?

Posted

Quite a bit of snow here in Castlereagh but it's kinda raining at the minute. Really hope it turns to snow soon, don't want the rain to wash away all the snow we have :-/

Posted

Reading through some of the posts I thought I was in the wrong thread! It's snowing heavily here in Four Winds, wind gusting it sideways at times. It seems to have been snowing all night and it's going strong. Atrocious conditions. inches and inches of snow. Anyone know if the trains are running? Bad luck, MS. I can see the side roads and they're all but impassable. I can only imagine what the crossroads at Four Winds itself is like - even more elevation than here and more traffic attempting the journey.

Posted

Just saw the radar..... Dear God! f that continues as snow better get back to your homes folks.

My in laws are without power and cant light the fire without the pump on. Might be going up to get them down to ours for heat and food. Fire lit and heating on as power has been fluctuating (Was all soaped up in the shower and it cut out! Came back on though in a few minutes. Maybe too much info but there you go!).

Good luck guys!