Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Latest DECIDER products maintain cold / significantly cold E/NE bias for at least next 10-15 days. Grim.

Very grim if it's just going to be cold, bit more bearable if there's some decent snowfall with all this cold though.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Yes, the ridged conditions look more dominant now to start the easter weekend. However, need to be mindful that albeit we've seen a reduction in snow threat Fri-Sat (and even this continues to have significant uncertainties and can't yet be discounted), the EPS continue to resurrect this potential later into Easter BH Weekend (Monday, notably). So it's not a done deal, yet, in evading some snow-related issues in the SW/S by start of next week.

I'm liking that very much!

I know this cold weather is trying everyone's patience, but this is why I'm hooked on the weather, I love the extremes it can bring, so I'm in my element right now! We could potentially see snow in southern England in April? Bring it on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I'm liking that very much!

I know this cold weather is trying everyone's patience, but this is why I'm hooked on the weather, I love the extremes it can bring, so I'm in my element right now! We could potentially see snow in southern England in April? Bring it on!

If the continued cold weather brings snowfall, then yeah, I'll be happier too.

There is only so many cold, dry and cloudy days you can take though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

I really hope we do see snow *sigh* Come on?! Does anyone know why it's pretty much avoided most of Devon and Cornwall?!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

If the continued cold weather brings snowfall, then yeah, I'll be happier too.

There is only so many cold, dry and cloudy days you can take though.

Completely agree with that, if it turns into a snowy cold spell then bring it but this dull cold is grating on me somewhat.

Posted

I really hope we do see snow *sigh* Come on?! Does anyone know why it's pretty much avoided most of Devon and Cornwall?!!

At least you have the GFS to gander at;

post-12721-0-52343900-1364227711_thumb.jpost-12721-0-99873700-1364227716_thumb.j

:p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I would normally say on an average winter/spring.. because its warmest part of uk with more maritime influence but this year its partly down to bad luck I think as even more prone places like mendips have not seen a great deal so far. good.gif On a positive note for snow in far southwest the sea temperatures are around their lowest this time of year so less moderation to wintry ppn from sea.

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Same here in Pembrokeshire, have had hardly anything this wibter, frustrating

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Completely agree with that, if it turns into a snowy cold spell then bring it but this dull cold is grating on me somewhat.

I am no fan of dull weather, agreed there, but in order to have the possibility of an extreme snow event, sustained cold in place is key!

Look at last weeks, that was complete misery, not cold enough, and buckets of rain, yuk!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

We don't have a regional thread for there though doh.gif

the South East region is a good equivalent though....I mean they all speak 'foreign' in that thread!....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Afternoon fellow South Westerners!

As many of you know I run a website providing quick, easy forecasts for Cornwall and the Channel Islands. Having received over 700 views in just a few weeks and with no official domain ive been rather amazed, and have really noticed how more hits are being recorded during the severe weather especially the snow for Jersey a little while ago.

However, this week I want to give it an official .co.uk domain. Right now its cornwallweather.moonfruit.com but id ideally like the wesbite name to incorporate the Channel Islands too but I need a domain thats short, catchy and something people can easily remember.

Any Ideas?

Cheers. :)

Posted

As many of you know I run a website providing quick, easy forecasts for Cornwall and the Channel Islands. Having received over 700 views in just a few weeks and with no official domain ive been rather amazed, and have really noticed how more hits are being recorded during the severe weather especially the snow for Jersey a little while ago.

However, this week I want to give it an official .co.uk domain. Right now its cornwallweather.moonfruit.com but id ideally like the wesbite name to incorporate the Channel Islands too but I need a domain thats short, catchy and something people can easily remember.

Any Ideas?

CandCIWeather? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Any Ideas?

I know it doesn't contain the I, but I like ccweather.co.uk

Edited by George

Posted

Yes, the ridged conditions look more dominant now to start the easter weekend. However, need to be mindful that albeit we've seen a reduction in snow threat Fri-Sat (and even this continues to have significant uncertainties and can't yet be discounted), the EPS continue to resurrect this potential later into Easter BH Weekend (Monday, notably). So it's not a done deal, yet, in evading some snow-related issues in the SW/S by start of next week.

I feel like a donkey chasing a snowy carrot!

Always appreciate your input, though, Ian......it.keeps our feet planted firmly on the ground. good.gif

Posted

I feel like a donkey chasing a snowy carrot!

Always appreciate your input, though, Ian......it.keeps our feet planted firmly on the ground. good.gif

I know the feeling;

post-12721-0-61796000-1364229001_thumb.j

Edited by AWD

Posted

Should be a reindeer... Snow... Reindeer...

Better?

post-12721-0-39569500-1364229449_thumb.j

:p :p :p :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

On a positive note,if this goes on much longer,we can start chasing the first frosts of autumn smile.pngsmile.png

EDIT where has cerneman gone. Miss our fishy chats.

Edited by cornish snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Absolutely baking bloody freezing here today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Well that was a cold one today, don't remember many late march days like this while working outside, crazy stuff had my winter warmers on ;-)..... And plenty of coffee breaks too.

Most of my east facing bushes and trees have been burned by the wind as have the ivy on the hedges .

Well after our last chance of snow this weekend I shall be looking south for my weather .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
Posted · Hidden by Lynxus, March 25, 2013 - because
Hidden by Lynxus, March 25, 2013 - because

Any Ideas?

Cheers. smile.png

cornishwinds.co.uk

:) Catchy and available

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Odd, theres snow flakes blowing in the wind! Where they come from??

I've had that yesterday and today, so light the radar wouldnt have picked it up, perhaps an explanation is that snowflakes can travel around 25 miles from where they left the cloud before reaching the ground, and takes them up to one hour!