Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ----->

A.J

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Dorsetbred, March 26, 2013 - chrome playing up!
Hidden by Dorsetbred, March 26, 2013 - chrome playing up!

Not sure if already posted but..

Updated 72hr fax

fax72s.gif?26-12

Compared to this mornings 84hr (for same time period)

fax84s.gif?25-0

Ditched the idea of the triple point and instead have two seperate fronts, hard to tell whether these may swing enough for a dusting, have to wait and see, but interesting none the less.

Also the trough Ian commented on yesterday about not having much support is back, and is flirting with the far SE Thursday lunchtime

fax48s.gif?26-12

Be interesting to see where the Jet pushes this one to..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Ian F just hinted that next Monday might be a little more interesting....perhaps something to keep an eye on?

Posted

Ian F just hinted that next Monday might be a little more interesting....perhaps something to keep an eye on?

Still not convinced as temperatures begin to rise toward the end of the week, we have had ideal conditions this week, a good cold easterly, low daytime temps.

By Monday even though we are still likely to see some easterly content, moderation over the weekend with the first low creeping through will mean temps will be higher as the wind turns more to a SE, and onshore, over warmer waters.

As the second low swings in, and collects the cooler easterlies, I would really expect only rain apart from some distance inland where the cold is still hanging on. Winter's last attempt as we move into warmer temps....

Just my views and no more than that.

Posted

Actually had some sunshine today which lifted the temp to the dizzy heights of 5C rolleyes.gif Min last night was 2C & 2.5C at the mo.

Posted

Still not convinced as temperatures begin to rise toward the end of the week, we have had ideal conditions this week, a good cold easterly, low daytime temps.

By Monday even though we are still likely to see some easterly content, moderation over the weekend with the first low creeping through will mean temps will be higher as the wind turns more to a SE, and onshore, over warmer waters.

As the second low swings in, and collects the cooler easterlies, I would really expect only rain apart from some distance inland where the cold is still hanging on. Winter's last attempt as we move into warmer temps....

Get some enhanced PPN, with the uppers hanging around -5/-7c and temps around 4c, I would not hang your hopes on rain!

SM

Posted

I was thinking much the same.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Any precipitation that manages to get into the SW will be largely rain or sleet. Any sweet spot for temporary snowfall would be Dartmoor come friday. Thereafter, mainly rain.

It would be appreciated if you could display your location in your profile please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Current temp 0.6c, humidity 64%, wind chill -2c. Talking of what Ian F was hinting at Monday unfortunately it is another week away scenario which has been the story of this wintertease.gif Fed up now with what might happen as it never seems to materialise so I for one and in particular my allotment are looking forward to some lovely spring warmth although looking at the models that looks as likely as a west country blizzard and snowfesthelp.gif

Posted

Pah!

It'll just be another snowy carrot to tantalise us donkeys with! crazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Pah!

It'll just be another snowy carrot to tantalise us donkeys with! crazy.gif

Must have got through a bag full of carrots this winter!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Is it me or does the front for us look further North over the SW on the 18z?

I was just thinking that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

What the Friday front that was meant to hit?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well im back in the Midlands now. The ground is suddenly lit with snow from about Bromsgrove northwards! Was nice to leave Cornwall with some sunshine this morning. Was most unexpected but most welcome!

My website will continue to update as normal however! No matter where I am, that wont stop the updates! Nice to see even those from the Bodmin Railway even following us now. :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Well im back in the Midlands now. The ground is suddenly lit with snow from about Bromsgrove northwards! Was nice to leave Cornwall with some sunshine this morning. Was most unexpected but most welcome!

My website will continue to update as normal however! No matter where I am, that wont stop the updates! Nice to see even those from the Bodmin Railway even following us now. :D

I'm assuming you didn't like the suggested names for the site??

Posted

Just comparing a few charts, but the NAE has the front at 48 hours slightly further North and West than the GFS or NAVGEM does, maybe the NAE wants to bring it into the SW? The NAVGEM has been showing the front coming right over us now for a while but problem being it would turn to rain as the milder air mixes in, hope the NAE is on to something and the GFS is beginning to adjust to it now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I'm assuming you didn't like the suggested names for the site??

I havent got round to considering them all yet and sorting it out. Will do this week though. Been busy packing and just getting home and finishing off work. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

From Ian;

"W COUNTRY High confidence for dry conditions throughout BH Weekend (front maybe clips SW Cornwall but only temporarily). Cold everywhere...."

Posted

Tuesday: Early Sunshine for Cornwall then Cloudy. Cloudier, little brightness for the Channel Islands.

Almost 60 followers now at #kernowweather (twitter.com/kernowweather)

Posted

Morning all. Just woke up and checked radar to find snow overhead and looked out window and there is flakes falling here and there. It's beginning to settle on cars. AT 1.2c, dew point -2.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Another dry cloudy cold day on the cards with the chance some might see snow showers later.

Temp -0.3c