Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ----->

A.J

Posted

Same here BOD, went to Chagford for breakfast, was bitterly cold in the wind but a beautiful sight with flakes glistening in the hazy sunshine (very poetic don't you think? ).

Nice to hear that some folk have actually seen a few flakes today, some posters such as jessandjon and those in Cornwall have had such a frustrating winter/spring, hope Twister Girl gets to see something as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Same here BOD, went to Chagford for breakfast, was bitterly cold in the wind but a beautiful sight with flakes glistening in the hazy sunshine (very poetic don't you think? ).

Nice to hear that some folk have actually seen a few flakes today, some posters such as jessandjon and those in Cornwall have had such a frustrating winter/spring, hope Twister Girl gets to see something as well.

Yeah us lot in Exeter are owed a lot of snow, much like the rest of the region haha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Few flakes blowing in the wind here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Turning out to be quite wet now. Started of as snow grains this morning but as the day has gone on,it's got more and more watery.

Probably call it sleet at best now. Mind you,i'am only one field from the sea.

Edited by cornish snow

Posted

Moderate snow shower now, small flakes though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Snowing in Nailsea, if it carried on like this for around 10hrs..... we might get a coveringrofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Aw thankyou SnowCrystal....Well the answer is no, i've not seen even a flake today smile.png It's Exeter, what can I expect....I was hoping for something substantial this weekend but once again it's a downgrade....I am so ready for the warmer sunny weather.....This is one of my worst kind of weather at the moment, cold and dull.

I hope you saw some snow?

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted

Aw thankyou SnowCrystal....Well the answer is no, i've not seen even a flake today smile.png It's Exeter, what can I expect....I was hoping for something substantial this weekend but once again it's a downgrade....I am so ready for the warmer sunny weather.....This is one of my worst kind of weather at the momment, cold and dull!!

I've literally seen one tiny snow flake today!! I'm going home to London for Easter on friday so I shall report back if they're having better luck currently than we are... I don't see how they could be any worse haha!

Posted

I've literally seen one tiny snow flake today!! I'm going home to London for Easter on friday so I shall report back if they're having better luck currently than we are... I don't see how they could be any worse haha!

It's the southeast, you are bound to see some snow there :)

Posted

Oh I just saw a couple little snow grains smile.png I am an all or nothing kind of girl though so I am not impressed tease.gif

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Flurry of flakes falling in Peasedown St John...

Posted

Been snowing on and off for a while, varying intensity, nice to see though.

Posted

It's the southeast, you are bound to see some snow there smile.png

That's true! Mind you, I remember the late 90s and early 2000s when London got very little snow. Also, one snow event in the countryside of the South-West is worth 10 snow events in London, because it goes all slushy! In other words, London gets more snow, but it's not as nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Back from work and we have very very light flurries on and off throughout the day. Very nice to see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Light snow has been continuing in different forms of intensity for around 3 hours now. Currently the heaviest light snow flurry yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Light snow has been continuing in different forms of intensity for around 3 hours now. Currently the heaviest light snow flurry yet.

Same here, been going since first thing.... bigger flakes now good.gif

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted

Same here, been going since first thing.... bigger flakes now good.gif

There seem to be two main areas of precipitation currently; one which covers the South coast of Devon and part of Cornwall, fringing further inland over Dartmoor and another area which is in a progressively intensifying band stretching from the West Midlands and as far as Dorset. Both are moving westwards, so it would be odd if anyone in the region did not see a single flake, unless they're not paying attention haha...

EDIT. actually the one which is currently affecting Bristol is pivoting slightly by the looks of the radar, and it has intensified significantly as well it seems

Edited by Joe Levy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

wow, just looked out and snowing quite heavy, good sized flakes, not 50p yet but nice to see.

Posted

There seem to be two main areas of precipitation currently; one which covers the South coast of Devon and part of Cornwall, fringing further inland over Dartmoor and another area which is in a progressively intensifying band stretching from the West Midlands and as far as Dorset. Both are moving westwards, so it would be odd if anyone in the region did not see a single flake, unless they're not paying attention haha...

EDIT. actually the one which is currently affecting Bristol is pivoting slightly by the looks of the radar, and it has intensified significantly as well it seems

Haha!! Good point.... It really is nice to see snow flakes floating around outside, but would be very nice if they stopped floating and set up camp on the ground!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It's been snowing here for a couple of hours, I guess approaching moderate in intensity, small flakes that have gradually got bigger. There's nothing settled though and the ground is still bone dry, presumably that's something to do with dew point????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

eased a little but still coming down

Posted

Haha!! Good point.... It really is nice to see snow flakes floating around outside, but would be very nice if they stopped floating and set up camp on the ground!!

Yes well if it keeps intensifying then it might settle! Especially since there is so much cloud cover. We will have to see what happens when that band of precipitation to the east of us arrives

Posted

It's been snowing here for a couple of hours, I guess approaching moderate in intensity, small flakes that have gradually got bigger. There's nothing settled though and the ground is still bone dry, presumably that's something to do with dew point????

Wouldn't have through so Jethro, dew points are very low. Currently -4c in two bridges a couple of miles from me. Only down to -1c here (I say only, like thats tropical or something!!)

Perhaps its all to do with intensity.