Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 23rd March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

possibly Clacton??? ;)

Good point didnt read the name... Its been a looong 24 hours i was on a night shift lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Precipitation dissolving over me, fantastic! rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Been out for a drive around and the snow was pretty impressive on farthing downs, some lovely wintery, spring, scenes in the woods. As we got over towards Godstone there wasn't any lying snow despite heavy stuff falling, so decided to come back hoping there would have been some accumulation. Sadly found it had all but disappeared here too. It was snowing for the whole time we were driving.

Posted

The thing is with this 'if conditions were right' thing is that actually its 23rd March so very hard to get that lovely freezing for days, blowing snow, laying snow for days etc etc...further North has been spectacular for late March in my eyes...and yet still margnal events being reported at lower levels....elevation is key now............

Here in London its wet, snowng, sleeting, and the worst form of weather type......just horrid wet wet and cold...roll on warmthdirol.gif ...what a waste of an Easter we will have based on latest ECM modelsad.png

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Pretty heavy snow here outside the Science Museum, nothing settling, the kids are notevdn interested ..... But the dinosaurs were a hit, as ever

And happy dry birthday Gary !

Posted

Winds should start veering more easterly soon. This will stall the snow over northern parts of the region. North herts / beds northwards look best placed to see a few more cm overnight. South and east of London look like they have seen the last of it for now. If your desperate for one last fix though, a few snow showers followed by the potential for something heavier Thurs- Sat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

easing off again here and what settled has nearly all melted so frustrating!!!wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

To coin a phrase from my youth, it's 'luzzing' it down here!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Very light snow all day long,a couple of heavy bursts here and there,i get all excited then goes light again trees,bushes,grass all covered everywhere except my snow doesnt like my pavements for some reason,waiting for a heavy dumping rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Something heavy looking pushing up from the South, looked through my window and it looks fairly dark.

Posted

Still coming down heavily here, albeit tiny flakes. Really hope it will start settling soon, temperatures falling so slowly, down to 0.7 degrees now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Chucking it down cars all covered and now the road.clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

easing off again here and what settled has nearly all melted so frustrating!!!wallbash.gif

As heavy as ever here.....does that mean the easing off is heading our way though?

Posted

Very wet light snow non stop since 7am resulted in zero snow on any surface . . think its teasing as it looks white when it falls . .

Posted

The thing is with this 'if conditions were right' thing is that actually its 23rd March so very hard to get that lovely freezing for days, blowing snow, laying snow for days etc etc...further North has been spectacular for late March in my eyes...and yet still margnal events being reported at lower levels....elevation is key now............

Here in London its wet, snowng, sleeting, and the worst form of weather type......just horrid wet wet and cold...roll on warmthdirol.gif ...what a waste of an Easter we will have based on latest ECM modelsad.png

Dont get me wrong was not knocking it, great to see snow falling at this time of the year, let alone laying

It was more an observation of an IMBY winter, i have had many hours of falling snow, but it never has amounted to much, I know other parts of the country have, but believe it or not, this must be the first winter, since i lived in this house (ten years) where i have not struggled to get the car out!

I suppose I favour the situations where we have heavy immense snow for 3 to 4 hours, and everything comes to a stand still drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

yep very light snow here now!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

This damn winter weather is no fun for us lamp-post thieves

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Very cold here and consistant snow but small flakes. And it's very, very windy. Ugh! I wish it would bog off.

Just pushed a desk home from the charity shop. £15.......bargain!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Chucking it down cars all covered and now the road.clapping.gif

Wow it just won't settle on the wet paths and roads.as my daughter said waste of snow.if it gets just a tad colder it might:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dont get me wrong was not knocking it, great to see snow falling at this time of the year, let alone laying

It was more an observation of an IMBY winter, i have had many hours of falling snow, but it never has amounted to much, I know other parts of the country have, but believe it or not, this must be the first winter, since i lived in this house (ten years) where i have not struggled to get the car out!

I suppose I favour the situations where we have heavy immense snow for 3 to 4 hours, and everything comes to a stand still drinks.gif

It reminds me a springtime snow-event that happened when I was kid (no, not yesterday!) - 1965 or '66, perhaps - when a wicked east wind blue steady snow for several days; but it only ever accumulated on windward facing surfaces; walls were white, especially early each day, but most other things were merely wet/slushy...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Warm summers Cold Frosty winters

Coming down heavy here for the past hour, settling on grass and roof tops wind has got stronger as well temp 0.5c dp -4c

Posted

This is impressive now.. cars are going white.. so is the roof tops, roads getting slushy again with the paths.. thought it was supposed to die out??

Edited by nanu