Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 23rd March 2013 17:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Is it?

The past easterlys this winter has been tame indeed for my area those north, east, and even south of me has seen a good deal of snow in the events past & now even. This is why i for one am just looking forward to seeing warmer weather with sunny skys. It has not been my winter and dragging on is just not making my mood any better.

Worst of this winter promised much but all went north.

I was down for the stall line but the stall was a good couple hundred miles north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Moderate snow here, where did that come from!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Is the estuary still producing anything?

Posted

Slowly dying now and begging to turn the streamer has also stopped.

That's probably it for the rest of the week just cold dull and fairly boring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Is that for ice or snow?

Ice I would imagine....

Yellow Warning of Ice for London & South East England :

Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Milton Keynes & Oxfordshire

Yellow Warning of Ice for East of England :

Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Suffolk & Norfolk

Lying snow in many areas will melt on roads and pavements by day, refreezing by night to give icy patches. Also, snow blowing off fields in strong to gale force winds will affect some roads throughout Sunday and Sunday night, especially over high ground.

The public should be aware of the potential for disruption to travel due to icy patches and snow blowing back onto roads.

Issued at:

1128 on Sun 24 Mar 2013

Valid from:

1700 on Sun 24 Mar 2013

Valid to:

0900 on Mon 25 Mar 2013

Any further snowfall through Sunday and Sunday night is expected to be light and is not expected to result in any additional disruption. However snow lying in many areas will melt by day to refreeze overnight leading to icy patches developing. In addition drifting of this lying snow in the strong to gale force winds will affect some roads, especially over high ground.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=4F6E5E84-C9FA-14FE-027C-9BFF3D3A0244_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1364083200

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just had a hugh gust come through here. Mot been out yet but must be freezing out there, got a very light covering on fences and bin lids etc, about 1mm or less, not melting. Didn't even get that sort of cold on any of the other cold spells this winter/spring.

Posted

Is the estuary still producing anything?

Convection off the North Sea and inland will start to increase biggrin.png

Keep eyes peeled to the radar for developments ph34r.png

Edited by yamkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

You sound very gloomy, and remind me of Eeyore....

post-10773-0-28078100-1364135000_thumb.j

angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

BBC WEATHER for the week ahead just incase anyone missed it. smile.png

If I'm seeing this forcast correctly it looks like the snow line moves north tonight, if that right, at least it will give the thames more chance to convect.

hats off to the Brentwood half marathon organisers - must have been a difficult decision - go - no-go - and I was skeptical - but course was fine

VERY cold though ! sad.png PB made up for it though

Well done on the PB.

Posted

Slowly dying now and begging to turn the streamer has also stopped.

Come on fella, take it like a man, i've got used to the idea that 80% of the time its probably gonna not happen and i won't take the big hit, but this time i've been just in the right position unlike all the other occasions this year when i've just missed out.

Chin up mate and next time might be your lucky day.good.gif

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

it must be going all around South Ockendon. Just the odd tiny speck in the wind. Drove through Brentwood yesterday evening, not far from here - there was quite a lot up there, as usual!!

Nowt at Upminster Bridge either Meggy, very close to you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Cloudy, Warm (Not Hot) Winter: Thundersnow

The wind has suddenly picked up here, and looks quite dark overhead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

SNow seems to be heading into Suffolk and Norfolk again, wonder if the Scroby sands snow portal has been turned on again like it was the whole of yesterday rofl.gif

Posted

After missing out again I just don't think I've got it in me for another week away snow chase, especially at this time of year. For me the fun of snow has always been in its rarity to these shores and the romanticism around the approaching christmas festive season, rural picture postcard scenes, short, cold and crisp days, mulled wine, log fires and the anticipation of what the coming winter might bring.

Snow at the end of March/Spring just doesn't conjure up any such connotations for me especially with the longer days and slush factor. I would much rather have warm, pleasant days, bird song and the smell of freshly cut grass at this time of year. My proper interest with snow will start again from around beginning of October.

The only exception to this would be an extreme record breaking snow event with significant accumulations and blizzards. Damp, wet and cold with randomness flurries just doesn't cut it for me, it's a bit like delaying the inevitable.

Now where's that radar...........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

After missing out again I just don't think I've got it in me for another week away snow chase, especially at this time of year. For me the fun of snow has always been in its rarity to these shores and the romanticism around the approaching christmas festive season, rural picture postcard scenes, short, cold and crisp days, mulled wine, log fires and the anticipation of what the coming winter might bring.

Snow at the end of March/Spring just doesn't conjure up any such connotations for me especially with the longer days and slush factor. I would much rather have warm, pleasant days, bird song and the smell of freshly cut grass at this time of year. My proper interest with snow will start again from around beginning of October.

The only exception to this would be an extreme record breaking snow event with significant accumulations and blizzards. Damp, wet and cold with randomness flurries just doesn't cut it for me, it's a bit like delaying the inevitable.

Now where's that radar...........

To be fair, many places in the Midlands, Wales and northern England have had snowfall that would be exceptional even in mid-winter, let alone Spring. However, I agree with you. Really looking forward to warmer weather soon.

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

SNow seems to be heading into Suffolk and Norfolk again, wonder if the Scroby sands snow portal has been turned on again like it was the whole of yesterday rofl.gif

You wouldn't want to be playing cricket on Scroby Sands today!

We have really been unlucky with regards to snow recently, usually we get our turn to join in the fun, but not quite happening at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I think it's a case of if the snow won't come to me...............

I wouldn't bother. It's as dry as a bone...

Posted

Come on fella, take it like a man, i've got used to the idea that 80% of the time its probably gonna not happen and i won't take the big hit, but this time i've been just in the right position unlike all the other occasions this year when i've just missed out.

Chin up mate and next time might be your lucky day.good.gif

It will be fairly boring though.

ECM offering something for us here but I can't see the precip charts.