Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 24th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Dungeness, Dorking, Dagenham Dulwich darenth er dale farm? Lol you've got me thinking of D,s now haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Dungeness, Dorking, Dagenham Dulwich darenth er dale farm? Lol you've got me thinking of D,s now haha

Er, Ks, if we're going to have that many members in a Snow Depth League comp, I hope you're going to design

a super-duper spreadsheet for me!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Morning all!

Had a very interesting conversation around at a neighbours house yesterday. He is high up in the operational side of one of the UK's biggest airlines at Gatwick and we were discussing weather (of course) and what they have access to etc etc. He then went on to say that they are looking very carefully at the situation next weekend and that there are indications that there may be some disruption......

Time to look at some charts I think!! :good:

Dar es Salaam??? :lol:

Posted

Nothing on GFS currently for the Easter weekend, but a flurry or two on Thursday maybe?

78_20.gif

If anything GFS showing us pulling out of the potential by next weekend, although it remains very cold:

MU_London_avn.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well I'm afraid I am being unfaithful to you all over the long weekend. I will be having an affair with Devon. I wouldn't worry too mch though as I hear I am in for rain and snow and general coldness. You know what they say about the grass never being greener....

Guest bjaykent

Very little snow here over the weekend but pretty much as was forecast really. Into a new week and what is the forecast - Cold. Thurday showing some strong indications for snow in the south-east.

Ecm ppn charts for Thursday -snow showers

post-16390-0-00524400-1364197364_thumb.p

GFS 0.5 pretty much the same

post-16390-0-71237800-1364197465_thumb.g

and the fax chart showing cold east flow with low pressure near to SE - snow showers!

post-16390-0-52969600-1364197538_thumb.g

Could be an interesting 2nd half to the week and can't see any significant warm up for Easter at present, certainly not from ECM.

http://en.vedur.is/w...ntic/#type=prec

http://www.meteociel...arte=2000&ech=0

http://www.meteociel...tions-hd/3h.htm

Edited by bjaykent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Every event,near event etc.

Has been on a weekend this year and last, strange?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Any news on the band of precip slipping south?

Posted

Re snow depth cup. Just South of where I am in Sawbridgeworth, Harlow & Roydon defiantly have more snow in areas than I.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

A few snow flurries incoming...

Guest bjaykent

Easter weekend certainly doesn't look like sunbathing weather. Ecm keeps us under -8 uppers right through until Tuesday next week before hinting at something milder but this is really too far off to be certain at present.

post-16390-0-06300300-1364199155_thumb.g

UKMO looks cold to the end of its run on Sunday

post-16390-0-08022900-1364199182_thumb.g

and GFS hints of a slight warm up from Sunday with some rain but not cetain of any confidence in this as it has really been showing a warm up a around day 7 for a while now! Still wouldn't be warm though around 5 or 6c at best.

post-16390-0-42322300-1364199238_thumb.p

Even if it does slightly warm up there doesn't look to be too much rain forecast on GFS 0.5 out to 192hrs (about 10mm) which shouldn't cause any flooding problems unless you have a lot of snow to melt as well.

post-16390-0-30182700-1364199331_thumb.g

Posted

been unlucky last snow 2 weeks ago,low pressure too far south,missed out on the heavy stuff ,went to northern france and channel isles, and only got 5 inches,this time low pressure too far north and missed out again.Hopefully we can hit the sweet spot next time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

been unlucky last snow 2 weeks ago,low pressure too far south,missed out on the heavy stuff ,went to northern france and channel isles, and only got 5 inches,this time low pressure too far north and missed out again.Hopefully we can hit the sweet spot next time.

5inches unlucky? That's incredible for coastal location in the channel and more than we've had all winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

No snow showers at all showing on Doppler radar

Posted

Radar has light shower over my area but nothing is getting to the ground. ..upper air must be very dry either that or radar is wrong. location aylesbury

Can you stick that location in your profile for us please Vince? :good:

Posted

Just started snowing in Benny Hill - well I say snowing, you need to look directly up in the sky to feel it on your eye lids.

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

About zero degrees here, with a light snow cover that didn't really thaw at all yesterday - in fact we've had no discernible thaw over the weekend, quite remarkable for late March imho.

I guess when the weather does eventually return to average or above, it's going to feel really great, as a consolation for people who aren't enjoying this cold spell. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Do you think that lot in the estuary will beef up at all?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

along with the other 2 spells of Easterly/NE winds, again this one is NOT snowbearing despite good synoptics , yet many of us seek the beast from the east and the holy grail , well again we have the holy grail yet ....no major snowfall why is this ? think i much prefer a Northerly ...

Well I definitely don't for my area.

My general thoughts are that England does best from an easterly, but Scotland might be better placed to benefit from a northerly. These thoughts are a bit 'broad brush' though, particularly when you look at images from places like Arran from this weekend.

Also if you look at the Meteociel archive for the Winter of 1947 cold spell (late January to early March) it is obvious how much of an easterly influence was apparent; contributing to the snowiest winter in the last 100 plus years.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/archives/archives.php?day=22&month=1&year=1947&hour=0&map=0&mode=0