Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 24th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Has anyone thought of the impact this cold weather is having on our crops etc.. I know we still have cold this time of year, but it could last a while or not..

I did notice at the weekend that one of the major supermarkets had some pretty empty fruit and veg shelves and the standard of the caulis, broccoli and other so called Winter veg was appalling! Not sure if that was the weather or not, but how can you justify £1.80 for a limp, yellow cauliflower with black bits?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

How do Canada and Russia grow their crops?

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Can't believe some of ityou want more snow. Im a great lover of it in Jan\Feb NOT late march and with no warm weather likely in weeks before we know it will be winter again

Welcome to the new Iceage lol. I doubt it will be that bad, we knew this was coming since all that SSW talk in jan. Just people did not realise it would still be having an effect, along with other factors.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I dont want more snow, would rather some sun but if its going to be cold and horrible would much prefer some pretty snow than rain and miserableness!

Posted

This weather really does affect the price of hay for my horse , a bad spring a couple of years ago pushed the price of small hay bales up to £8.50, it came back down late last year to its usual price of £4.50, god only knows how this weather will affect the price in the autumn !

Posted

I did notice at the weekend that one of the major supermarkets had some pretty empty fruit and veg shelves and the standard of the caulis, broccoli and other so called Winter veg was appalling! Not sure if that was the weather or not, but how can you justify £1.80 for a limp, yellow cauliflower with black bits?

Do you still use a suppermarket for those things, go to a fruit and veg market, fresher and cheaper, and normally locally sourced too. So you can help out local farmers.

Mind you I don't buy anything when they are saying all this for £1 as the stuff at the bottom is normally already past it.

I dont want more snow, would rather some sun but if its going to be cold and horrible would much prefer some pretty snow than rain and miserableness!

My thoughts exactly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

1.3 Degrees

-2.5 windchill

Apparant temp: -3.3

DP: -3.8

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Rain, Sleet and snow possible this week according to the new boy at the met office....

Might get rain,sleet snow at the end of the week but might be dry too

Guest bjaykent

Welcome to the new Iceage lol. I doubt it will be that bad, we knew this was coming since all that SSW talk in jan. Just people did not realise it would still be having an effect, along with other factors.

Hi Alexis, as we look like we are just about to have our 7th month in row with below average temps, is it the beginning of a new ice age?, probably not but this thread started in Weather Discussion and Chat the other day is quite interesting, I needed Google at hand to explain some technical terms but I think it is worth a read if you haven't already done so.smile.png

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76204-are-we-about-to-enter-another-mini-ice-age/

Posted

I think at the end of the day myself i don't really mind what the weather does, i'm a weather lover and truly believe theres no such thing as bad weather, just different types of weather. If it stays cold and more snow comes then so be it, i'll be there to follow it, if it warms up and the April showers start to kick in then i'll be watching them instead.

I suppose there are times when we have plans for a day out that i hope that the weather will stay clear, but i still enjoy sitting under a brolly sometimes with the rain pouring down, just as much as i enjoy sitting with a beer and bbq in the high 20s.

If i did have any preference to a certain weather type it would be thunderstorms, but still if i see one then great, if not then thats just the weather for you, i'll still follow it whatever it does.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Would love to be proved wrong but I have a feeling the "snow event" at the end of the week won't happen. Although cold, temperatures don't seem as favourable as a couple of weeks ago and even then it didn't start settling (here at least) till late afternoon. This presupposes that the precipitation even makes it and that our friends in the channel islands don't end up getting pummelled again! One thought, with a week of embedded cold would that improve our chances?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Right, this is no good at all. A tonic is required!

Maybe this will cheer you up… Kaddy Lee-Preston will be on weather on BBC South East Today on Friday (Good Friday!) and on the following two Friday’s after that!

post-10773-0-04286100-1364224598_thumb.j

........She has also sent you one of her holiday snaps from her recent trip to Singapore rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

It's amazing that the temperatures have peaked at +0.2C and now dropping, the dew point has been -4C and we have thick cloud cover, yet the snow is still melting relatively fast. Solar radiation obviously has a big part to play.

Posted

Looks like any snow event delayed until sun/mon now - ugh nearly a week of this cold boring dry weather to get through

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

How do Canada and Russia grow their crops?

In tunnels because they are used to the weather lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Hi all

Does anyone know of a website that shows temperatures for this time last year? Was having a chat yesterday with a friend and we was sure the weekend just gone we had our frist BBQ last year as we hit 22*c ?

Posted

Rain, Sleet and snow possible this week according to the new boy at the met office....

But no chance we might get to see some sunshine? dry.png

It's the lack of sun that I am struggling with - I think it would really lift the mood if we could just have some blue sky and sunshine! cool.png

Posted

Maybe this will cheer you up… Kaddy Lee-Preston will be on weather on BBC South East Today on Friday (Good Friday!) and on the following two Friday’s after that!

The little minx has already be 'filling in' a few times recently. She can't keep away really (she knows I'm watching I reckon... wub.png )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nice day, sunny intervals but man that wind is cold, just 2 degrees despite the sun in late March is really something. Perhaps the chance of convective activity increasing during the week. I don't think the disrupting low is even going to get close to us I'm afraid but watch during the week for a system Wednesday/Thursday perhaps pushing close to us to increase shower activity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Hi all

Does anyone know of a website that shows temperatures for this time last year? Was having a chat yesterday with a friend and we was sure the weekend just gone we had our frist BBQ last year as we hit 22*c ?

im not sure of a website but someone did post on facebook the other day a screen shot and it showed weather 22nd march 2012 london 21c

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/stationdata/

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/forecastmaps?LANG=en&CONT=ukuk&UP=0&R=150&LAND=CHA&MAPS=over&CEL=C&SI=mph

You can also do it on NW Extra but you'll have to pay a subscription!

Posted

Hi Alexis, as we look like we are just about to have our 7th month in row with below average temps, is it the beginning of a new ice age?, probably not but this thread started in Weather Discussion and Chat the other day is quite interesting, I needed Google at hand to explain some technical terms but I think it is worth a read if you haven't already done so.smile.png

http://forum.netweat...r-mini-ice-age/

On my way to check it out now chears.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hi all

Not sure but here's a nice bbc weather piece showing the stark difference between the last 2 March's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/21901826

Posted

i think i will start doing forecasts like that

be a bit hard to be criticised for being wrong