South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 24th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Light snow flurries tomorrow for many except oh look

21-779.GIF?25-12

lols

Wow, you have to admire it's accuracy. I reckon there was human intervention and someone just rubbed out "No snowmouth on Sea"

surely anything is dangerous? I have a scar on my nose from falling headfirst at school into someone's skirt zip (freak accident) should we ban skirts?

Ban skirts!?!?!

All in favour ??

(No offence intended)

surely anything is dangerous? I have a scar on my nose from falling headfirst at school into someone's skirt zip (freak accident) should we ban skirts?

I have read your post over and over and still trying to work out how on earth u fell into a skirt zip lol I've done some daft things in my time but urs is something to get ya head around lol :)

Posted

What a coincidence, I also have a scar on my nose from doing exactly the same thing, the woman who's skirt zip it was punched me in the face. It was an accident, honest it was.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

no, i like Rybri's better "a lonely flake of snow".It would be a real tearjerker.Be number one for 47 weeks till everyone gets sick of it.

To be read in a Pam Ayres accent:

Oh lonely snowflake, soft and white

You drift so slowly, through the night

My lamppost it doth shineth bright

I never see your lovely light

For us in Beccles, Yarmouth, call

Why do you give us bugger-all? bad.gif

Posted

Absolutely beautiful. If you could have fitted Lowestoft in there I would have giveth you teneth points, but withouteth you getteth three eth.

Posted

I have read your post over and over and still trying to work out how on earth u fell into a skirt zip lol I've done some daft things in my time but urs is something to get ya head around lol smile.png

ok

first, i am the clumsiest person in the world lol i'm forever dropping cups and bumping into things.

so, picture the 1970's with very rigid navy skirts as part of the school uniform with the end of the zip poking up at the top with the zipper pull

picture young kids running, one in front of the other, i fall, she's in front of me, my face grazes her zip on the way down.

couldn't do it again if i tried to re-enact it!

Posted

so haunting.

Posted

Absolutely beautiful. If you could have fitted Lowestoft in there I would have giveth you teneth points, but withouteth you getteth three eth.

I did try. The result was even worse!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

JP what are your thoughts with regards to thursday, could be some interest from that trough over our region

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Would ignore that stuff on the radar.. noy goona happen...

post-12648-0-36114800-1364245427_thumb.j

will skim the coast at most... If that really...

Into the week..

We keep the cold through the week and into the weekend (at the moment)

Surprises could pop up and might.

13032700_2512.gif

I agree, but I'm also watching this on satelite, looks a wee bit unstable to the ene of us, not sure if any of that will get here either though,

http://www.sat24.com/en/

Posted

ukmo charts looks dry but really cold this week

except thursday

UW72-21.GIF?25-16

UW72-7.GIF?25-16

UW72-6.GIF?25-16

UW72-594.GIF?25-16

only up to 72 hours on these charts

hi john mac

looking like snow some heavy should effect the region

a tad early to be specific but thats how it looks at present

also fax chart as you said earlier

PPVK89.gif?31415

has a trough close enough as well

more tomorrow on this smile.png

Posted

hi john mac

looking like snow some heavy should effect the region

a tad early to be specific but thats how it looks at present

also fax chart as you said earlier

PPVK89.gif?31415

has a trough close enough as well

more tomorrow on this smile.png

Cheers mate,should create a bit of interest seeing as that low is looking increasingly likely to miss us

Will be interesting to see what the faxes come up with this evening.

Edited by john mac

Posted

Lowestoft, Lowestoft

Where is your snow,

It's up in the sky

Where dead Eskimos go.

Eskimos, Eskimos

Please fall back down,

Lowestoft needs you

So crash to the ground.

I know it's a very good poem, and could make people get quite emotional but just try and hold yourselves together.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

That's a lovely poem Gary! I am holding back the tears.

Posted

just posted by ian f on mod thread

Erm, OK - I think caution needed here - and also on some other elements of detail later this week:

Let's consider the broader evolution towards late working week. We have a slack upper trough, extending west essentially from the Baltic, which will ultimately become cut-off into a vortex over the north of the British Isles. In turn, it then slips away south, later to interact with an upper front over southern parts of the country. In doing so, it becomes fundamentally important... it's very likely to play a cornerstone role in what remains (despite what latest NWP deterministic output might outwardly suggest) a very delicate balance, between current dominance of the blocked cold air from north, versus Atlantic system(s) trying to move-up from the SW. Given a third of MOGREPS members succeed in this push - at least some to the Midlands by Fri-Saturday - it remains foolhardly to assume this particular story is already a 'busted flush'. It needs careful monitoring and remains very much on a knife-edge.

Meanwhile, the FAX at T+72 holds potential for some disruptive snow into SE/E Anglia areas. Why? Well, we have upper forcing strongly signalled in the UKMO-GM for that timeframe (in 2 successive runs now, with now good 12z EC support but none - again - from GFS) as the aformentioned cut-off vortex merges with a vorticity strip... as the resultant trough then sharpens quite markedly, it deepens the boundary layer convection and indeed EURO4 now offers potential for a few cm's of snow, e.g., across the South Downs; E parts of Kent, Suffolk & Nortfolk which could (stress *could*) prove somewhat disruptive in places, albeit the threat is low.

The key thing here is that nothing can be taken for granted later this week, despite what might outwardly appear a rather tedious pattern on face-value of the charts. The fine balance I stressed earlier in this post is just that, and could literally tip either way.

my bit below incase people though ian said that

re the low incoming

keep watching the charts as changes may happen very quick

Edited by john pike

Posted

Erm, OK - I think caution needed here - and also on some other elements of detail later this week:

Let's consider the broader evolution towards late working week. We have a slack upper trough, extending west essentially from the Baltic, which will ultimately become cut-off into a vortex over the north of the British Isles. In turn, it then slips away south, later to interact with an upper front over southern parts of the country. In doing so, it becomes fundamentally important... it's very likely to play a cornerstone role in what remains (despite what latest NWP deterministic output might outwardly suggest) a very delicate balance, between current dominance of the blocked cold air from north, versus Atlantic system(s) trying to move-up from the SW. Given a third of MOGREPS members succeed in this push - at least some to the Midlands by Fri-Saturday - it remains foolhardly to assume this particular story is already a 'busted flush'. It needs careful monitoring and remains very much on a knife-edge.

Meanwhile, the FAX at T+72 holds potential for some disruptive snow into SE/E Anglia areas. Why? Well, we have upper forcing strongly signalled in the UKMO-GM for that timeframe (in 2 successive runs now, with now good 12z EC support but none - again - from GFS) as the aformentioned cut-off vortex merges with a vorticity strip... as the resultant trough then sharpens quite markedly, it deepens the boundary layer convection and indeed EURO4 now offers potential for a few cm's of snow, e.g., across the South Downs; E parts of Kent, Suffolk & Nortfolk which could (stress *could*) prove somewhat disruptive in places, albeit the threat is low.

The key thing here is that nothing can be taken for granted later this week, despite what might outwardly appear a rather tedious pattern on face-value of the charts. The fine balance I stressed earlier in this post is just that, and could literally tip either way.

Might be of interest for someone on here? I think I. Fergie forgot to mention the 'triangle' when reffering to norfolk and suffolk!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Be interested to find out what time things might get interesting on Thursday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Lowestoft, Lowestoft

Town where the snow held off

The town where Gary Walker's demands

Count for nothing if the snow shield stands...

Posted

just posted by ian f on mod thread

my bit below incase people though ian said that

re the low incoming

keep watching the charts as changes may happen very quick

If thats the case there going to have to put out early warnings with everyone travelling at the weekend.

Posted

Lowestoft, Lowestoft

Where is your snow,

It's up in the sky

Where dead Eskimos go.

Eskimos, Eskimos

Please fall back down,

Lowestoft needs you

So crash to the ground.

I know it's a very good poem, and could make people get quite emotional but just try and hold yourselves together.

rofl.gif rofl.gif

rofl.gif