ECM1-168.GIF?25-0

ECM0-168.GIF?25-0

if correct

a tad warmer

welcome heavy rain wacko.png

Mostly sleet for East Anglia as well, BLUERURURURGGGH1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Has anyone seen that Gavin fellas in the model thread, he's been saying its going to turn milder for the last 3 or 4 weeks lol. He must be so frustrated. The poor fella is getting hammered by other posters every day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

fax72s.gif?25-12

Trough in the flow on 72hrs fax chart

threat of snow for home counties, SE and EA?

Posted

ECM1-216.GIF?25-0

ECM0-216.GIF?25-0

getting a tad warmer but potentially wet

ECM1-240.GIF?25-0

ECM0-240.GIF?25-0

looks like a warmer and drier

1 problem

the track of the low would put us back in the cold a couple of days later

these are fi after 96

as gets said loads of times

more runs needed laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

OMG!! I can see the moon!!!! An actual break in the cloud lol

Posted

fax72s.gif?25-12

Trough in the flow on 72hrs fax chart

threat of snow for home counties, SE and EA?

hi uk

backs up the ukmo charts from earlier drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

hi uk

backs up the ukmo charts from earlier drinks.gif

Evening John,

Yep, preferebly would like to see it 50 miles further north and 50 miles further west as it'll be being dragged E away into the continient with the departing LP, will it not?

God im picky

Ah blast,

John, fergie just replied to my post in the mod thread which was the same as my one in here saying

Signal for the SE trough is only meaningful in UKMO-GM, but that's being followed for FAX at that timeframe currently... just in case.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events

Has anyone seen that Gavin fellas in the model thread, he's been saying its going to turn milder for the last 3 or 4 weeks lol. He must be so frustrated. The poor fella is getting hammered by other posters every day

Its called playing the law of averages and losing.doh.gif .which underlines the point that its best not to allow "hopecasting" to cloud your judgement dirol.gif

Posted

Evening John,

Yep, preferebly would like to see it 50 miles further north and 50 miles further west as it'll be being dragged E away into the continient with the departing LP, will it not?

God im picky

Ah blast,

John, fergie just replied to my post in the mod thread which was the same as my one in here saying

hi uk thanks

i prefer the fax charts overall as they pick up troughs that the main models do not show

interesting model watching ahead

also cold look at these

UW12-7.GIF?25-18

UW18-7.GIF?25-18

UW24-7.GIF?25-18

UW30-7.GIF?25-18

nothing fi about these

very cold for march cold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Light snow flurries tomorrow for many except oh look

21-779.GIF?25-12

lols

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Light snow flurries tomorrow for many except oh look

21-779.GIF?25-12

lols

You couldn't make it up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

You couldn't make it up!

Maybe we should be ignorant and ignore stating that GFS is rubbish, like everyone else does biggrin.png

Maybe us, Gary Walker and Jennyjane should start a barbershop quartet called the moanatronics. First single could be "Looking for a flake of snow"

Posted

Maybe we should be ignorant and ignore stating that GFS is rubbish, like everyone else does biggrin.png

Maybe us, Gary Walker and Jennyjane should start a barbershop quartet called the moanatronics. First single could be "Looking for a flake of snow"

I only watch the news now so that I can remind myself what snow on the ground looks like.

Posted

no, i like Rybri's better "a lonely flake of snow".It would be a real tearjerker.Be number one for 47 weeks till everyone gets sick of it.

Posted

I only watch the news now so that I can remind myself what snow on the ground looks like.

Haha yeah,

in lighter news, a friend of mine posted this story on facebook. It's regional so counts :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-essex-21923218

Posted

come to ipswich it wont go away!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

70MPH into a bitter easterly wind......not nice,not nice at all. :(

Oh i love my job this time of year. :D

Posted

Haha yeah,

in lighter news, a friend of mine posted this story on facebook. It's regional so counts smile.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-essex-21923218

surely anything is dangerous? I have a scar on my nose from falling headfirst at school into someone's skirt zip (freak accident) should we ban skirts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Just some thoughts below, for a snow depth competition next season.

When I thought of the idea, at the start of winter, I pretty much cobbled it together, next winter though I'd hope to come up with a fairer format. Perhaps a number of leagues based on the alphabet, so that you dont have near neighbours recording the same depth, so you would have a bit of variety in depths.

E.g, Brentford, Brighton and Bromley could end up in the same league, Southend, South Norwood and Stevenage in another,and so on. **Members from the same town, would be placed in different leagues, just as in the football Champions League, where teams from the same country aren't drawn together.**

If we were lucky enough to get a few snow events next winter again, you perhaps could accumulate your snow depth for early to mid-winter, on a league basis, then have the members with the 2 greatest depths play-off for the final or even have the top 4 go through to semifinals/final, in the latter stages of winter!

Its something for me to ponder, while those t/storms are cracking away, in the summer! help.gif

Regards,

Tom.

Just noticed Im in the snow depth final, haha, nice surprise :)

Posted

surely anything is dangerous? I have a scar on my nose from falling headfirst at school into someone's skirt zip (freak accident) should we ban skirts?

I wonder if this is what's causing our lack of snow. Some Yarmouth chav sued the council after being temporarily blinded by a large snowflake, hence snow is banned in the Waveney Valley district rofl.gif

Posted

I wonder if this is what's causing our lack of snow. Some Yarmouth chav sued the council after being temporarily blinded by a large snowflake, hence snow is banned in the Waveney Valley district rofl.gif

hmmm. go back to the flapjacks.What's stopping them throwing square or rectangular ones?They have corners, still a sort of point.Or they could nibble it into a lethal triangle and then throw it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

hmmm. go back to the flapjacks.What's stopping them throwing square or rectangular ones?They have corners, still a sort of point.Or they could nibble it into a lethal triangle and then throw it.

Heck even if they make round ones, the edges could bruse.