Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

One or two rumbles of thunder here in the last 10-15 mins. Incredibly muggy with a temperature of 19.4C. Rain just started as I type

Remember you're high and open up there at Westruther - unplug things. We've had a few direct hits over the years here and they tend to  melt stuff that cost money diablo.gif

My money is on the neighbour's 30 foot metal radio mast getting fried first, although I have unplugged the laptop just in case.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

i know i said during the winter months i was going to do a thing this summer looking into the long term affects of sunspots and northern blocking to see if there was any influence well unfortunatly due to a few things that have come up in the last few months i am sorry to say i might not get round to doing it as other more pressing comitments have come up but if i do find some time then i will try to do what i can with this.

Posted

Satellite signal just went off for a bit there, rain falling steadily

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Couldn't resist going for a wee drive, so took a spin to Binny in the Bathgate hills for a better view over Edinburgh,trying to get my 4 yr old to pronounce Cumulus..

Plenty of Cu towers masked by the hazier grey stuff, Sun blazing through from the west and very grey looking over and beyond Edinburgh.

post-7292-0-93117700-1369067891_thumb.jp

Edited by lorenzo

Posted

Very humid here, but looks like all the action is to the east a will drift by to the SE. Embra residents camera's at the ready please.

Posted

Heavy rain for the past 10 mins, no sign of any thunder or lightning yet 

Edited by Mesosphere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Rain just started here.

Posted

Cloud's came over and wind's rising again but nothing near us (unless something about to brew again) can't see it though

Posted

I think it's fair to say on the electrical front that was all a bit disappointing.  Had a nice downpour though, proper monsoon stylee.

Posted

Cracking views, enough elevation there to get a good overview of Edinburgh, Pentlands and beyond, turn around and you can see North to Fife, turn again and the Sky is loading up now. Beautiful towers on my return to Livingston.

post-7292-0-28623700-1369070067_thumb.jppost-7292-0-93728200-1369070105_thumb.jp

post-7292-0-45938200-1369070187_thumb.jppost-7292-0-42378000-1369070199_thumb.jp

Love it when the sun catches the very top of one hidden behind the grey. Agree Shuggee, bit of a sferic damp squib, still nice to look at nonetheless.

Can report Miss L now knows what a cumulus nimbus is, which should safely see here geek out her nursery class at some point soon !

Edited by lorenzo

Posted

skies slowly growing darker here but i think by the time anything substantial developes it will be past here and moving south east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Don't even think we are going to see even a drop here tonight or maybe for a few days now. I needn't have fretted for my washing. nea.gif

Posted

Getting very dark here in a Captain Slow type Northerly drift.

post-7292-0-58829300-1369074058_thumb.jp

Posted

its all starting to look likre another failure of a forecast for scotland from the met office not really suprising from what we saw most of the winter when it comes to convection

Posted

How easy is it for the Met O - or anyone - to forecast storms with certainty though? They were right - there were storms (people have heard thunder) - but they are always hit/miss affairs. Can any weather forecaster be 100% sure about their spread and where they will go, or how they will spread?  When I check the airport TAFS/METARS, they only ever give PROB30 or PROB40 for SHRA or +TSRA (ie. 30 or 40% probability). You can never be sure I guess...which makes weather watching all the more fun! There's almost always a next time if this time didn't work out! :D 

Posted

I think all the ingredients were there Bus, but similar to Winter as you say, just not enough vital energy at the correct point to tip things in our favour.

Also similar to Winter Forts CMD and SS are getting a hammering !!

Wonder what it is with these long drawn out  patterns and the atmosphere getting stuck and echoing itself for months on end, am sure a couple of years ago it seemed like a periodicity of 8-10 weeks now seems like 3-4 months is the benchmark.

Much promise today, still it's meant I have been as excited as a kid at Xmas all day watching the skies and the radar. Am sure we will get our turn..

Posted

Might not be raining but it's quite dark outside also it's really humid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Ooo, it's chucking it down all of a sudden. Wildlife scurrying for cover. Birds zooming into the barn and two fluffy wee bunnies just shot under the car smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

No thud or blunder up this way at today but there were some big tall clouds by mid afternoon.  Crazy difference when you get up into the cloud tho - t-shirt weather down in the glens, but almost full winter kit cold.gif on at 800m. Brr in that wind.  Then back home and they're eating ice creams on the high street.

Onions are growing ok at last yahoo.gif but I have worries about the damage that might be done later this week to the plums.  Keep 'em covered up, Ms HC says blum.gif

Ooo, it's chucking it down all of a sudden. Wildlife scurrying for cover. Birds zooming into the barn and two fluffy wee bunnies just shot under the car smile.png

Er what were they shooting?wacko.png blink.png Ferrets perhaps.

Posted

Thunder and Lightning this afternoon Just after 3 O`clock here in Dundee, Torrential Downpour Lasted 15 mins or so. Drains struggled to cope with deluge for a wee while. Large puddles on many roads. All back to normal by 4 O`clock....... Maxed out at 21.3c

Edited by Polarlow