Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

19 I think it ended up at (maybe not here but was showing on the taxi therometer at the local tesco and that only about 3 miles away just beside the antonine centre in cumbernauld) Sure it clouded in and was a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon but a lot better day than I was expecting!

Posted

To echo some of the posts above, that was a lovely wee surprise today, nice and sunny and almost warm too. I got the grass cut for the first time this year, and no it wasn't two feet long, the mower didn't even blink at it. That's pretty good going for the 17th of May.

Today will look even grander when compared to what's on offer for some parts tomorrow. Some huge amounts of rain to come, weather warnings issued and wellies on standby sad.png

Am yet to take the mower to mine in fear of it sinking into the mud! Never mind might not have to worry shortly, as doing the unthinkable for a coldy and moving to sea level!!! (Airth), with a proper drained back garden, but will still have a cracking view of the Ochils, but will add the Forth to this as well.

Cracking day here I think, spent most of it with press setting up a broadcast from factory for Tuesday. So much for my 2 days holiday on Monday and Tuesday!

Posted

Was warning (mainly female) colleagues at work today to prepare their haar hair contingency measures for next week.  Or am I being pessimistic?

Am yet to take the mower to mine in fear of it sinking into the mud! Never mind might not have to worry shortly, as doing the unthinkable for a coldy and moving to sea level!!! (Airth), with a proper drained back garden, but will still have a cracking view of the Ochils, but will add the Forth to this as well.

Cracking day here I think, spent most of it with press setting up a broadcast from factory for Tuesday. So much for my 2 days holiday on Monday and Tuesday!

Sea level??!!! I hope that took some bribery from MrsCheggers?

That's one big blob of precip heading west this morning...

Posted

Sea level??!!! I hope that took some bribery from MrsCheggers?

That's one big blob of precip heading west this morning...

Well that and the fact that it is .4 of a mile for Airth Castle. 

Wet and grey again!

Posted

Was warning (mainly female) colleagues at work today to prepare their haar hair contingency measures for next week.  Or am I being pessimistic?

No, I'd say real risk of haar from later today through Monday with mild uppers, high dew points and light winds. The classic ingredients. Have to say there was precious little haar last year...the weather wasn't good enough sorry.gif

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

Enjoyed yesterdays installment of summer, the trails round Aberfoyle were tacky rather than sloppy.  Unfortunately back to grey and wet here too.  Monday seems promising though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Sea level cloud and persistent drizzle, cold and foul. Looking on the bright side, there's little wind.

Posted

Been raining but has stopped (for now) I wonder if there's a slight possibility of a flash and bang later?

Posted

Sea level cloud and persistent drizzle, cold and foul. Looking on the bright side, there's little wind.

Exactly the same here at 8c except we have a breeze. Cattle getting fed outside just like a late October day. Hope some warmth arrives for them soon. Moderate NE wind off the sea is"nt helping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Eurgh. EURGH!!! FILTH!!!

The monsoon has well and truly arrived. I tell you, I'm soooooo glad I headed out for a bike ride over the Lomonds yesterday evening after work.

post-10976-0-37248000-1368873998_thumb.j

It was such a beautiful evening but seemed even more so 'cause I knew Saturday was going to be a write-off. As always in Scotland, you really need to take advantage of ANY nice weather.....whether you want to or not wink.png

Posted

One day of lovely warm sunny weather and yes, the monsoon is here!

Posted

Torrential rain here now although it don't look like it will last forever (looks that way to me)?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

THE WEATHER TODAY

Earlier....a bit of rain

Currently.......more than a bit of rain

Later.....eh,probably some rain

Edited by DR(S)NO

Posted

Exactly the same here at 8c except we have a breeze. Cattle getting fed outside just like a late October day. Hope some warmth arrives for them soon. Moderate NE wind off the sea is"nt helping.

Still no better just wetter, mistier, dark and currently 7c

The worst of the rain has passed by, the band split and the heavy stuff never really came here. Still a 'orrible little day outside, come back yesterday's weather, all is forgiven! Currently 9.7ºC, breezy and murky/foggy which is pathetic for the time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

And to continue on the current theme, gosh, look, it's still raining. Possibly not as heavily as further south but enough to stay indoors today (anyway it's my day off!)  Back to the Cairngorms next week so anything but wind and flashbang will be welcome.

Posted

Anyone in the west Highlands heard or experienced any earthquake activity this evening (8:15pm)? I'm reading reports from a few different sources but nothing is evident on the BGS web site currently.

Edit: it shows up nicely on the Loch Awe seismograph http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/helicorder/heli_dir_shz/LAWE_SHZ_GB_00.2013051800.gif

Confirmed as magnitude 2.9 http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/earthquakes/recent_uk_events.html

Edited by doctormog

Posted

Have returned fir the pub, or what might be oor new neighbours. Wet suit is wet, as is everywhere else... roll on this mini warm up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

What an awful day yesterday! Cold, grey and murky in the morning but then later the rain started. When it got going, oh my, it really got going. It was full waterproofs while watching the boys football but by the end my feet were soaked through my boots and my gloves got wringed out. Even ghe dog, a water loving Lab, was looking at me as if to ask "why are we standing around in this". The consolation was a win that secured the lads team second place in the league and promotion.  

Posted

Looks like intense activity offshore North North Sea, seems to be heading west to N.Scotland/Orkney. Still quite far offshore, but interesting to see whether it maintains intensity or dissipates. 

Posted

Haar's in and looks like it could hang around all day and tomorrow as well. 9c/9c.