Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Pretty pish-poor day with a cold wind, no sun and intermittent rain.  Many more like that and May will lose its reputation of being our best month of the year.

Definitely looking forward to next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Reached 11C very briefly in a bit of sunshine just before lunch. Mostly cloudy this afternoon with some heavy showers, one with large hailstones. Brightening up again now. Min this morning was 2C.

Posted

A very rare sunny end to the day for this spring (ok it's breezy) should be a clear night before whatever happens tomorrow

A very rare sunny end to the day for this spring (ok it's breezy) should be a clear night before whatever happens tomorrow

A very sunny start to the day down here, currently 8.7ºC after an overnight low of 2.9ºC.

ECM looking good for the couple of days of warmer weather talked about in posts above, until later into next week when we get more cool uppers from the north.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

The new mothercatch-in-law called us earlier for a chat and said it had been raining for hours but it's been dry here most of the day. They are only fifteen miles away laugh.png Currently a barnstorming 9.2ºC but not feeling anything like it in the breeze!!

Are you married now Catch?

Are you married now Catch?

Yes, the wedding was on Sunday. All the BoyCatches were there in their wee kilts, and my wife looked like an angel :good: One very happy Catch :) Even the weather played ball, it was cold and rainy before the wedding but dry and almost sunny in the afternoon.

Posted

This is Scotland 1: one day dreich, cold and miserable weather; the next, we have full sun & the promise of warmth.

This is Scotland 2: bye bye Nigel, take your xenophobic claptrap home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Yes, the wedding was on Sunday. All the BoyCatches were there in their wee kilts, and my wife looked like an angel good.gif One very happy Catch smile.png Even the weather played ball, it was cold and rainy before the wedding but dry and almost sunny in the afternoon.

Many congratulations and all the best for the future.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Congrats to Catch. All the best.

Much better day here. Reached 13C in the sun but the breeze still had an edge to it.

Posted

Congratulations from me too Catch. Its been a 30 year sentence for us this July!!!!!But one happily served.

Some torrential showers late pm after a pleasant morning. Cattle finally out but pretty cool this evening at 5c

Sunset photo of the snow covered Cairngormspost-2744-0-71960900-1368739536_thumb.jp in the distance just 2 miles up the road from the farm.

Just been out to check cattle, clear sky and a midsummer view over the Firth with the glow(Land Of The Midnight Sun) of the set sun to the north but it does not feel like summer out there at 4.5c

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

good.gif Catch, all the best for the future.

Well another of those round trips to Scouse land. Nice dry drive down, but some serious downpours on route hame.

Another cracking late evening once hame...

21:30 earlier looking over Bonnybridge

post-2849-0-27085200-1368745846_thumb.jp

Posted

A quick check of cattle this morning in a temperature of 1c and a ground frost. Calves running about already trying to warm up I expect.

Posted

Am I pinching myself?! Is it really that sunny outside?! Shocker!

Thanks for the kind words, I think it's Mrs Catch who has the life sentence being stuck with me!!

NUT: No, you're not dreaming it is sunny. Still feels a bit cool though :(

Maybe June will be better? :lol:

Posted

Cloud has filled in but still quite warm

Posted

Thanks for the kind words, I think it's Mrs Catch who has the life sentence being stuck with me!!

NUT: No, you're not dreaming it is sunny. Still feels a bit cool though sad.png

Maybe June will be better? laugh.png

Hey, better luck this time eh? tongue.png

Please let it warm up before June else this will be the first year I'll be routinely wearing 2 shirts, a fleece and a coat and get sunburn. Chilly out again today, bright sun earlier (after very early fog), now getting a bit hazy.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Hey, better luck this time eh? tongue.png

Please let it warm up before June else this will be the first year I'll be routinely wearing 2 shirts, a fleece and a coat and get sunburn. Chilly out again today, bright sun earlier (after very early fog), now getting a bit hazy.

It's my first marriage HC, but I know what you mean :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

It's actually turned into a really lovely day out there, 15'C with no wind and blue skies, very nice! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Beautiful day down here.....clouds bubbling up now...but ice warm sunny spells.

Not sure of the temp though...local station recording 19.3 c currently?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Just to buck the trend, not as nice here. Lots of white cloud therefore little sign of the sun and feeling cool in a brisk northerly breeze.

I know there's been some suggestion of at least a brief warm day or two from Sunday onwards, but I don't see much hint of it on the BBC/MetO forecast for here. Not unless it's been that poor recently that you can call a forecast high of 14DegC in a gently Nrly breeze "warm", I certainly don't!

Posted

It's my first marriage HC, but I know what you mean laugh.png

oops.gif

Dreich as dreich can be now, will be glad to be going back to the sunny Black Isle soon... oh hang on... right, edit that...

Posted

Lovely day today. Great to have at least one decent day to get the garden whipped into shape, bench and fence stained, grass cut etc. Shame tomorrow looks cack as I've an afternoon set aside for ale and a few outside would have been magic!

To echo some of the posts above, that was a lovely wee surprise today, nice and sunny and almost warm too. I got the grass cut for the first time this year, and no it wasn't two feet long, the mower didn't even blink at it. That's pretty good going for the 17th of May.

Today will look even grander when compared to what's on offer for some parts tomorrow. Some huge amounts of rain to come, weather warnings issued and wellies on standby :(