Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Looks good for here today! Meto forecast going for intense downpours and possible flooding. Going into work early with the hope of leaving early to watch some of the action.

Currently cloudy and misty but feeling quite warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Checking in for today! Lovely and warm this morning at 15C already. cool.png

I have washing that I would like to dry on the line before it all goes down the pan later. Hope we see some lightning - though of course from the safety of indoors. And, I hope there isn't too much in the way of flooding. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Severe weather for Thunderstorms now in force from the met office for; East Lothian, Edinburgh, Midlothian Council, Scottish Borders, West Lothian

Issued at: 0847 on Mon 20 May 2013

Valid from: 1400 on Mon 20 May 2013

Valid to: 2000 on Mon 20 May 2013

Slow-moving thunderstorms are expected during Monday afternoon and early evening, with the potential for large amounts of rain and hail to fall in a short period. The public should be prepared for the risk of localised flash flooding, particularly where these thunderstorms occur in urbanised areas.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

A rather warm and moist airmass will affect Scotland during Monday, with the ingredients for some energetic storms to form by the afternoon in eastern Scotland, transferring across parts of the central lowlands and southern Scotland by evening. 20-30 mm of rain could fall within 1 hour, with the possibility that a few spots could receive double this within 2-3 hours, leading to the risk of localised flash flooding, particularly in urban areas. Hail will be an additional hazard in some places, possibly leaving roads slippery for a time and slowing the drainage of surface water. Overall, there is a medium risk of medium impacts, whilst locally there is also a low risk of high impacts.

http://www.metoffice...Time=1369004400

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

More

more

more....of the current weather please! 

OK so I know it's a forlorn hope, but when it's already 16DegC at 9am you can't but help wish that the same conditions would hang around for more than a day or two. Yesterday was nice around here too, especially in the afternoon once the sun managed to break through the cloud cover. This morning so far it's warm with variable white/grey cloud and sunny spells, but with a bit of a breeze.

For those that get them, enjoy your thunderstorms today. I was lucky enough to live in Orlando for nearly 3 years, and boy did I see some cracking thunderstorms during that time. Gets a little scary though when you hear the crack at the same time as you see the flash! On more than one occasion I retreated from the window and started unplugging everything in double-quick time.

Most memorable, and impressive, was once watching the lightning bounce around between the clouds. No big bolts of sheet or cloud to ground ligntning, no heavy rain, just purple tinged electricity dancing around in the sky above.

Posted

Sun trying to break through here in Leith. Feeling muggy. Hope the potential for the day is realised.

I'm glad to see the warning area has been extended considerably east to include me (ooo, check me out Mr Imby). Some excitement would be nice to take my mind off feeling like mince, I'm sick of being sick and it's only my second day off work :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

rofl.gif  Thought you said "take my mind off mince" ...was gonny tell you to eat something else!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

I'm glad to see the warning area has been extended considerably east to include me (ooo, check me out Mr Imby). Some excitement would be nice to take my mind off feeling like mince, I'm sick of being sick and it's only my second day off work rofl.gif

Aye, air feeling very humid. Nothing on the radar yet.

Just hope all the seedlings I planted out yesterday don't get trashed by hail. Carrots, parsnips, peas and courgettes added to tatties, aided (or rather hindered while trying to be helpful) by mini Miss SS.

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

Today summer was first light to about mid moring - all building up now, hopefully get something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Looking forward to the potential today, atmosphere seems loaded for something nice and big!

Posted

19c so comfortably the warmest day of the year so far. Dew point 14c. Hazy sunshine and warm.

Posted

Viewing from mobile but first shower gone up in Fife area? Hard to see! The sun is starting to break through in Burgh which is a good sign

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

all things looking good for some fun today aqnd hopefully get some activity in and around my area as the last few years we seem to be missed a direct hit

Posted

Breeze has picked up considerably in last half hour maybe not necessarirly good as that might blow things through quick?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Is there a site/page with radar that would show lightning etc? I want to stay online as long as poss but don't want risk another router. We got a direct hit once that fried the Sky and the router.

Edited by mardatha

Posted

Sudden build up in the last 30mins here in Alloa, looking a lot more threatening although no precipitation yet.

Posted

Is there a site/page with radar that would show lightning etc? I want to stay online as long as poss but don't want risk another router. We got a direct hit once that fried the Sky and the router.

The free net weather radar has it

Posted

21°C in Auld Reekie. Convection all around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Things seem to be kicking off now near Blairgowrie.

Posted

Yep, something forming north of alloa as well as tempest mentioned.

Posted

Sky is certainly darkening here to the north of Alloa, hard to tell to much as there is a lot of convection. What a great day for chasing (dont suppose the council will give me time off) :(

Posted

Too much even convection here now i think for there to be any significant storms. Looks like most of the big stuff is further north into Perth. Its stil early though and I am still hoping!

Edited by tempestwatch

Posted

Looks like the convergence zone is setting up further east than expected, focussing on areas such as Perth, Dundee, Dunfermline and Edinburgh. Hopefully this will move to the left a bit and give some action to us further west. A bit more convection bubbling up around Alloa recently, I saw that shower go up over the Ochils.