Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Must admit it's looking a lot more like spring now maybe warmth with rain is really helping to sprout things/growth particulairy the grass looking very green and healthy. After the cold start to spring it's lovely to see!

Posted

After a clear night and a lovely start to the day, the breeze has really picked up and cloud's came in. Rain not that far away again I guess

Posted

Fine growing day again here today currently 16c with sunny periods, a pity it does not seem it is going to last.

Fine growing day again here today currently 16c with sunny periods, a pity it does not seem it is going to last.

It's a grey autumnal feeling afternoon here NL, 7.9ºC and raining lightly but persistently. It was fairly decent earlier though, rain must be moving north (haven't checked radar yet) bringing the colder air with it.

Edit: Let's put it this way, the burner is on and getting fueled for the night!!

Edit2: Is it just me or do the charts look similar to the past several months? Except this time it's warm air getting dragged round the top of the LPs?

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Well we got Tuesday out the way without putting the stove on, but it's been back on ever since. Wet, cold and grey and 6.8C.

Posted

Hi all

Well heating has been off for a couple weeks now.  Well nearly, was on all day yesterday it seems by other half.  Asking her why she said to dry clothes   I looked outside at the washing line moving in the breeze, with bright sun, no clothes on it.  scratched my head, the best she could offer was asking me if I had nits.  there must be some logic to it that is beyond my little brain, but from her reply I took that as victory for me.

Anyway, last few days we have had the rain I was hoping for.  Ground still seems rock hard, but there has been a good few mm's over the days.  Yesterday was glorious, though quite cool, mid to low teens I think.

Not bad today now, and sun breaking through.  Cool though, but normal May.  Looks similar tomorrow and bit warmer Sunday   

Have a good weekend

Cheers

Posted

Not a very nice day. Rain for most of the afternoon. Not long stopped.

Posted

Just back from picking up my 2 wee scouts, and car temp was 3c... WTF we are almost into Summer, or was that what was on Tuesday?

Posted

Aye if your a duck. acute.gif

True rofl.gif  Believe it or not it's stopped................for now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Some showers around. Just enough dampness to give me an excuse not to cut the grass and watch the footie instead. 12.3C now from a max of 12.9C.Min was 5.3C.

Posted

Very wet last night and odd heavy showers all day but some warm sunshine in between , currently 7c. Growth has slowed up a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Been a bit busy recently...

Had some time in the Cairngorms earlier in the week, with mixed weather. Tuesday was stunning, had my dinner al fresco with a cold beer looking across at old pinewood, a glorious end to a very rewarding day on the hill. Weds was poor tho with rain & wind. Pfft. 

A wee puzzle for you all: what's this?

Plant growth on the high hills is just about under way now, actually not that much later than other years. I wonder if alpine plants are more governed by the light than temps, seeing as there are so few day.degrees per year anyway.

Most crops in the garden are now doing well, although I confess that the potatoes are only just in the ground.  We're praying that the next week's weather stays benign as the fruit trees are starting to flower.

Comments this morning in the post office queue: 'Summer's here at last, eh?' 'Aye, the rainy season...'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Ah, hillwalking, the best kind of busy, and the kind of busy so far this year that i've been, eh, too busy to participate in. As for the photo, a rock with a very complicated history? I think we've been doing better than most this weekend. Its rarely felt warm but its been quite sunny with only the odd shower. Nice looking start to the day outside thus morning so back ti working in the garden.

Posted

Bright breezy start to the day currently 10c.As for photo above something fungal perhaps??? Looks a bit cooler this next few days with a chance of some ground frosts but after that will put cattle out full time . Very preoccupied with a rent review on the farm just now, have done a lot of them but they never get easier

Posted

Grey & cooler this morning. Been followed around the garden by a robin who managed to steal several worms. Where are the cats when you need them?  Asleep in the airing cupboard...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

A wee puzzle for you all: what's this?attachicon.gifmystery.jpg

When I first looked, I thought it was ginger root. Knowing you though HC, you will probably have an answer that none were expecting!

Come on then, lets 'av it!

Posted

When I first looked, I thought it was ginger root. Knowing you though HC, you will probably have an answer that none were expecting!

Come on then, lets 'av it!

Context: 

Very peculiar it was. I think some of the peat may have blown over the snow, some may have washed.

Posted

Heavy sleet with some big flakes just now in a heavy ppn burst! Unreal!

Edit: Off again but horrible to see in May

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Was snowing here earlier for about 15 mins. I give up with summer, have got myself a stack of good books and loads of sweeties!

Posted

Very slight dusting on the very highest tops in the Pentlands this morning.

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

Snow down to around the 400m mark here - Ben Gullipen just dusted, cover on the top of Stronend, Ben Venue and the broad ridge back to Aberfoyle has a covering.  Seven months since I've seen my first - none webcam - snowfall of winter and it's still going.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Been pretty grim recently with that dirty cold trough parked over us. There is a glimmer of hope, cross everything..

Way out in FI, well day 10 for ECM which is about a 50:50 verification shot. Worth keeping a look out for though.. could be a switch to something like high summer very quickly if this shuffles in after the trough lifts out.

post-7292-0-60296000-1368430237_thumb.gi