Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 4th April 2013 onwards

snow raven

Posted

Continue discussing the dullest Easterly known to man kind here:

Old thread found here: http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76242-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-28th-march-2013-2200hrs/

Edited by snow raven

Posted

Am I the only one depressed by this weather? When there are the vast majority of posters still hunting for snow, all I want is proper spring sunshine. I have never felt this depressed at this time of years since.... well, never.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Continue discussing the dullest Easterly known to man kind here:

Old thread found here: http://forum.netweat...h-2013-2200hrs/

Hi Leeanne,

Sorry to hear you've had a rough day, dont think you've got too long to wait now for a rise in temps but we then might have to contend with a little wind and rain, in a weeks time.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

Am I the only one depressed by this weather? When there are the vast majority of posters still hunting for snow, all I want is proper spring sunshine. I have never felt this depressed at this time of years since.... well, never.

Hi Snow my partner used one of those SAD lamps during the winter and it did help,she put it away the other day after the clocks changed lol she has been taking tablets for a while but the light gave her a boost.I am a snow lover but can see your point it has dragged on too long...roll on the warmth acute.gif Edited by blackprince

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I'm guessing Bexleyheath has been under constant cloud cover.

This has been the sunniest March/April North Easterly since...... well ever, usually get Haar off these set ups, but not this time, keep the sun shining :)

Posted

Nothing here in sw London ( Wimbledon ) contrary to reports earlier ( Lies ) from other local members stating a few grains in the same area.

On the contrary- the grains were there! not many I admit.

Posted

The convection during the day time and this time of the year will boost the ppn Thursday afternoon, hence more consistent snow for a few hours biggrin.png

Goodnight to the SE crew.

Peace & Blessings to all

Posted

The convection during the day time and this time of the year will boost the ppn Thursday afternoon, hence more consistent snow for a few hours biggrin.png

Peace & Blessings to all

Thanks Yamkinacute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Peace & Blessings to all

But it's just a big shame it doesn't happen overnigh as it will no doubt melt in the afternoon being April, though I doubt I'll see much anyway being in London.the met advisory of snow showers is only up to 8am for some reason?*

Posted

I share your pain SR, you are not alone sorry.gif

Posted

Itv weather going on about snow showers in the south this morning yet looking at the radar there is zilch showing anything near the region !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Itv weather going on about snow showers in the south this morning yet looking at the radar there is zilch showing anything near the region !

bbc going for this afternoon starting at about 1.00

Posted

Morning all!!!

Some hefty flakes fell as I got home last night and there is a dusting over the South Downs this morning that looks quite nice - but not in April.....

Guest bjaykent

Good morning,

The usual dross here I'm afraid,

Cold, grey windy and thick cloud

Hi Jan, wish I had a pound for every time I have seen you post this summary lately, I think we are all desperate for some sunshine and warmth now. Just off to look at the charts and hoping not to depress myself too much! Have had the odd flurry of snow here since 5.30am blah blah same old, same old cold!aggressive.gifaggressive.gifaggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

no snow here....or even frost - quite happy about that really smile.png

In my mind it's warm and sunny but the reality isn't quite so bright this morning but at least it isn't raining !

Have a lovely day angel.gif

Posted

Hi bj,

I know, it's all so repetitive isn't it.

Just had a look at the charts and there seems to be good agreement that it will feel WARM from the 13th..........................oh I hope so good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just had a look at the charts and there seems to be good agreement that it will feel WARM from the 13th..........................oh I hope so good.gif

I hope so too - it will be even better when it will feel HOT cool.png

Posted

Nothing in Benny Hill but cold, thank goodness the end looks to be in sight:

MU_London_avn.png

It's pushed forward a bit by GFS into Wednesday, but I'm sure it's coming and you can see the climb back from this current cold and 500-1000 ht thicknesses!

But before it gets going, we still have the next couple of days of potential to consider:

12_20.gif

30_20.gif

36_20.gif

Is this the last chart from GFS that will show a possibility of a little blue cross over our region until next Winter???

42_20.gif

Posted

Yes Coast, the Atlantic will finally win as you say from Wednesday onwards, but the real warmth comes through on the 13th. smile.png

Further afield, there looks to be a threat from the NW.

I refuse to think of that at the moment though nea.gif

Guest bjaykent

Hi bj,

I know, it's all so repetitive isn't it.

Lets hope so, only looking at GFS at the mo. as Metrociel seems to be having problems updating other models this morning but the warm up appears to start Wednesday with daytime temps around 14c, unfortunately rather wet at the same time but I think we need to get through this phase to find some real spring warmth. The last frost appears to be Monday night now.

post-16390-0-78936300-1365059343_thumb.g post-16390-0-48069300-1365059352_thumb.g

http://www.meteociel...es-2m-hd/3h.htm

Real teasing warmth still hanging out in FI, like this chart with winds pushing up from the Med, 16c sounds positively tropical.

post-16390-0-65161100-1365059631_thumb.p post-16390-0-28824100-1365059554_thumb.p.

I am not even bothering to look at the next couple of days as it will just be cold with the odd snow shower, should feel more pleasant at the weekend as the wind finally drops.smile.png

Edited by bjaykent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It looks really stormy out there this morning.

When someone mentioned snow the other day I actually dreaded it. I need Spring in my life now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

I've got me some light snow

Off to Bromley in a hour from the lovely Lewisham could this be our last hurrah? lol