Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 4th April 2013 onwards

snow raven

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Bored Bored Bored....sums up how i think most of us are feeling about the current weather. I so hope its going to get warmer, Im off to Sherwood Centre parcs on the 15th (my birthday also).....I dont want to be cycling around in the bitter cold and possible rain....please someone tell me its likely to be 15-18 and sunny lol....

Posted

could this be our last hurrah?

It might be the beginning of the last one!

Posted

Morning all! Guess what? It's cold and grey and cloudy here too. Temp currently 1.6c with a frost. Look East predicting snow flurries for our region this afternoon. I'm still going to hang my washing out though. I will not be defeated by the weather! Boo sucks to it all.

Posted

Morning all from a still sunny (but not wall to wall so far today) West Wales. Just dropped into the MOD thread and wished I hadn't. Undercut, cold hanging on, oh dear........

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Got to agree with others, this current set up is Zzzzzzz, it's done nothing for my area but just cloud and cold winds, no snow to speak of. Can't be depressed though when there's light so close at the end of the tunnel. More depressingly and worryingly is this N.Korea threat to the US! Don't know whether it's a storm in a tea cup, or the flirtings with a WW3!

Posted

Just looked at the mod thread wish i bloody hadn't, am sick to death of having to have my heating on all the time. Costing me an absolute fortune.

Looks like this brutally hard winter could drag on into May, fed up.

Posted

Had some light snow about an hour ago which left the surface damp. Some more snow showers building off the East coast heading our way fool.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Got to agree with others, this current set up is Zzzzzzz, it's done nothing for my area but just cloud and cold winds, no snow to speak of. Can't be depressed though when there's light so close at the end of the tunnel. More depressingly and worryingly is this N.Korea threat to the US! Don't know whether it's a storm in a tea cup, or the flirtings with a WW3!

I think it's more a case of NK willy waving Gregg.

Posted

Completely off topic, but if NK looked like doing anything China would invade NK under American blessing to keep the peace, so don't be too concerned

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just looked at the mod thread wish i bloody hadn't, am sick to death of having to have my heating on all the time. Costing me an absolute fortune.

Looks like this brutally hard winter could drag on into May, fed up.

Just looked there myself too. A total shocker! (although with the caveat that things can change) Tbh I'd much rather it was mild and wet, than cold and wet, which appears to be a real possibility.

Snow flurries here, which will amount to nothing and a brutal cold wind. Sick to the eye teeth of this now. :(

Anyway, morning all! :)

Guest bjaykent

Ecm and UKMO rather typically not so keen on a warm up next week, a cold spell this long is always going to be difficult to shift, UKMO have certainly shifted the pattern south with an undercut low at 96 keeping us in a south-easterly flow and wet and another low at 144 which looks similar to that shown on ECM

post-16390-0-51625600-1365063177_thumb.g post-16390-0-15536000-1365063223_thumb.g post-16390-0-10948900-1365063542_thumb.g

Ecm then has a brief northerly at 168 before shifting to a NW at 192 and with the next low at 240 a SW flow.

post-16390-0-96252300-1365063500_thumb.g post-16390-0-65158500-1365063736_thumb.g post-16390-0-47302000-1365063249_thumb.g

Runs later will be interesting, hopefully everything will move back north, otherwise the cold will get extendedsad.png

Good summary of this mornings models from Gibby in the Mad thread post 66.

http://forum.netweat...13/page__st__60

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsecmeur.html

Edited by bjaykent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Had some light snow here this morning and still a light dusting on bits of grass from last night. We've now seen snow falling for five months in a row which I'm sure has happened here before but I can't remember it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

I think it's more a case of NK willy waving Gregg.

I know the news can do it's best to worry and concern people, but this NK lot have 9.5m troops in waiting, doing nothing, and a leader who (appears) to be bored and wanting to play with his new toys. I do hope it's 'Willy waving'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

medium intensity graupel here . Temp 2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Oh i am NOT looking forward to work today,now where is that winning lottery ticket....

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Snowing here in Burgess Hill. a wintry mix of graupel and light flakes. Fairly thick but small flakes.

Guest bjaykent

Dark & dismal out into the estuary, fairly frequent light snow showers/graupel now, just not what I want this morning. Have been in Google looking at pictures of sunshine to try and cheer myself up, especially after looking at ECM & UKMO this morning. Straw clutching I know, but hope GFS is nearer the mark post the weekend.smile.png

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/