Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 4th April 2013 onwards

snow raven

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

On and off snow flurries in Ealing, driven on by a brisk wind. Judging by the radar, there will be a lot more of this today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Grey, cold, windy.....same old, same old!!!!

Looking like Spring temps now may start just as the kids go back to school and I go back to work - aaagghh!!! Last yr we had gorgeous weather prior to Easter hols and as soon as they started in was awful! Anyone know how the weather seems to know when the school holidays are ;) ?!!

Are there any decent LRF's out there for May/June?

Also could anyone recommend a good website I could go to in May to check the weather forecast in Italy? We're off to Lake Garda on a Eurocamp holiday, never been on one before but praying for decent weather!

Thanx all and have a good day x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm finding the gloom far more noticeable than the snow...

Posted

Snowing here in Burgess Hill. a wintry mix of graupel and light flakes. Fairly thick but small flakes.

Yep, got it just over here too of course. It's almost a sin to call it snow though, this looks more like someone is beating the dust out of a carpet on the roof!

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Snowing again !

Boring now

Funny 5 months ago everyone including myself couldn't wait to see a snowflake

Now it's as common as rain lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all.... A few light grauple / snow flurries first thing this morning at work in Dagenham East. Now its just grey, windy and bloody cold.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Yep, got it just over here too of course. It's almost a sin to call it snow though, this looks more like someone is beating the dust out of a carpet on the roof!

Your carpets must be very, very dirty....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

you should get a Hoover coast

Posted

Your carpets must be very, very dirty....

I need a 'daily'!!!

dust.jpg

you should get a Hoover coast

Dyson please, at least it's designed in the UK!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Light snow here again. If it wasn't half term I'm sure schools would be closing as we speak.rofl.gif

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Snowing again !

Boring now

Funny 5 months ago everyone including myself couldn't wait to see a snowflake

Now it's as common as rain lol

Yes the novelty of seeing snow wore off a long time ago for me, sort of like living in Siberia or northern Canada, you tend to ignore cold and the snow eventually when it does it for days on end!

I keep having dreams of sitting in my shorts and t-shirts on the balcony overlooking the sea on a warm sultry evening sipping on a cold beer, I just hope the weather's good enough in Italy next month when I go on holiday there. Certainly can't see me doing that in this country for a while yet, probably not until June!

Getting fed up with being stuck indoors!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Settling dandruff in Colchester.

2 c an hour ago.

Dropped to 1.1c now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Coldest ever April's were 1701 & 1837 with an average CET 0f 4.7C. We are currently at 2.5c.....................I wonder help.gif

Posted

Cold, grey and cloudy rubbish outside this morning once again, and yet another day with that nagging E/NE'ly wind! The warmer weather cannot come soon enough..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Settling dandruff in Colchester.

2 c an hour ago.

Dropped to 1.1c now.

Probably describes it well here, but it's only just started coming down heavier, so no settling yet.

When was the last time precipitation was non wintry? I can't remember anything since coming back from Fuerteventura in mid March. I think the least wintry has been rainy sleet.

Posted

I must preserve this thread for next Winter when we are back being desperate to see a few flakes! Funny how we feel about snow now, this forum might not even exist if we were all in North America or Northern Russia!

Posted

mod snow here in Ipswich just came back from Felixstowe its very heavy down their blizzard conditions in the wind not nice for to walk along the prom!!

Edited by tinybill

Posted

I reckon we should all save up the paltry amounts of dust we are getting over these few days and run a competition for one member in our region to receive the lot!

Might be a bit difficult liaising and scheduling the deliveries though as there are going to have be a lot of people saving what they get to make it worthwhile.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I must preserve this thread for next Winter when we are back being desperate to see a few flakes! Funny how we feel about snow now, this forum might not even exist if we were all in North America or Northern Russia!

If the snow settled to a depth, I'd still take it. What I don't like (and obviously a fair few others here feel the same) is the relentless dryish cold.

I have slightly dry skin, so don't want to go out for long outside, without some sort of face and hand gel, as I'll get chapped skin. I also look in on a pensioner who is currently pretty housebound, as he really suffers when going out in this, but if he stays at home, without exercise, suffers due to that too - a real vicious circle. This prolonged cold spell, after Winter proper is over, is doing him no good at all.

It's actually quite amazing how wintry the countryside still looks too. I guess in three weeks all will look so different, so will look forward to that. :) I actually think it'll warm up in mid April quite nicely. I've noticed Chionomaniac's post and feel the same, albeit I don't have his technical knowledge. blush.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

If it did there'd be a member called Yamkinov ramping up mild and rain and then a Gavineski posting FI Charts showing sub zero temps and snow.

Posted

We would be discussing the novelty of it raining or the temperature getting above 0C!

The current and recent cold weather is a far cry from the desperation we had back in the noughties for snow each winter, when we got excited over brief marginal snow events ... so the bar has been raised now for wintry expectations each winter.