Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Nice warm day today at 23C but really need to budge this cloud - when will we just get a sunny day!

I hear ya. I have no idea why this  cloud has to bubble up and appear out of nowhere, for once, can we just get a clear sunny day without the sun being obscured by big fat clouds?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Clouded up here too - sunny first thing till about 10am then hour of cloud, then sun till about 1-1:30 now totally overcast.

If we must have cloud then needs to come at night to keep warmth in and then sun in the day!

Now 24c on the nose.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

. why dont some of you READ what i put before diving in....

just where did i say cool = autumnal?

i cut grass for a living, i have dont so for 40 years... by now i know what to expect in autumn.. and THATS what we have had here in the EARLY mornings... not all day, not even all morning... but go out at 7 am, these past 3 mornings have been cool, cold even (by where temps should be). theres been a heavy dew (which is unusual for early august...its never a real problem unti september) and the cars are running with condensation, there are toadstools in the lawns (early), there was a mist and the air smelt musty... now THATS why i referred these past early mornings off as being autumnal, because thats exactly what it was...here..

now if you dont think that cool mornings, toadstools, heavy dew, mists and musty air is autumnal, then fair enough, but i DO.

Edited by mushymanrob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

. why dont some of you READ what i put before diving in....

just where did i say cool = autumnal?

i cut grass for a living, i have dont so for 40 years... by now i know what to expect in autumn.. and THATS what we have had here in the EARLY mornings... not all day, not even all morning... but go out at 7 am, these past 3 mornings have been cool, cold even (by where temps should be). theres been a heavy dew (which is unusual for early august...its never a real problem unti september) and the cars are running with condensation, there are toadstools in the lawns (early), there was a mist and the air smelt musty... now THATS why i referred these past early mornings off as being autumnal, because thats exactly what it was...here..

now if you dont think that cool mornings, toadstools, heavy dew, mists and musty air is autumnal, then fair enough, but i DO.

Easy tiger Posted Image

As we all know too well, weather and preference on here does vary a bit, your view is it is feels like Autumn, theirs (and mine I must admit) is not (not yet anyway).

Opinion of others when not that vast may differ slightly, but that is the very nature of things.

Posted

Easy tiger Posted Image

As we all know too well, weather and preference on here does vary a bit, your view is it is feels like Autumn, theirs (and mine I must admit) is not (not yet anyway).

Opinion of others when not that vast may differ slightly, but that is the very nature of things.

i dont mind a difference of opinion, but being misquoted really p's me off! i dare say other areas didnt have the same early morning conditions i had.

Posted

i dont mind a difference of opinion, but being misquoted really p's me off! i dare say other areas didnt have the same early morning conditions i had.

fair comment, think everyone has to remember the IMBY type weather will and does differ where you are.

Posted

fair comment, think everyone has to remember the IMBY type weather will and does differ where you are.

well im in the trent valley, so am prone to mist/fog others from around the country will have to tell us whether they got mist or not! :)

Posted

well im in the trent valley, so am prone to mist/fog others from around the country will have to tell us whether they got mist or not! Posted Image

Yes they will Posted Image

Had mist early every morning this week, today on the otherhand was summer from the start here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The main reason for the cloudiness, at least here, has been convective cloud encountering a cap and spreading into stratocumulus- which is also why we haven't seen as many showers about as forecast.  Yesterday was a mainly sunny day here though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Was pretty sunny here today thus we reached 24c. :D

Posted

The main reason for the cloudiness, at least here, has been convective cloud encountering a cap and spreading into stratocumulus- which is also why we haven't seen as many showers about as forecast.  Yesterday was a mainly sunny day here though.

It was quite sunny until 4pm, then clouded over pretty much completely. The preceding day was much sunnier. Yesterday was warmer though, reaching 24C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Tis the other way around here, sunny until mid-late morning, cloudy while the sun is at its strongest and most useful, then slowly clears again around 4-5pm. Very usable weather but useless for getting a tan.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Maybe it is me or we got spoilt with july but august is getting to the point where I could be disappointed with it,just too much cloud at mo and no fully sunny days..2 days starting with 8 deg

Posted

Maybe it is me or we got spoilt with july but august is getting to the point where I could be disappointed with it,just too much cloud at mo and no fully sunny days..2 days starting with 8 deg

I have a week off and I plan to paint in my south facing spare room, so heat and sun is not welcome, ironically cloud and lower temps is welcome then.

• Like 1

Posted

No fully sunny days here, but it's been an acceptable start sunshine-wise at 52.9 hours to yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

I have a week off and I plan to paint in my south facing spare room, so heat and sun is not welcome, ironically cloud and lower temps is welcome then.

Not being funny but why paint the spare room when you have time off in summer,go off to the seaside or something and save it for autumn or evenings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Daytime today was nice but we went for a quick pint about 6pm and rapidly chilled in the pub garden as did others as its breezy and not that warm. Nice blue skies but definite fresh feel to it. 

Still the 'daytime takes all' weather is ok at weekends as you actually get chance to enjoy it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Not being funny but why paint the spare room when you have time off in summer,go off to the seaside or something and save it for autumn or evenings

I personally couldn't think of  anything worse then going to the seaside when the sun is out.Posted Image

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10531843.UPDATED__Anger_follows_traffic_bedlam_on_A338/

""Some people were sat in their cars until past midnight such was the volume of traffic leaving the beachside resort on Sunday"""

• Like 2

Posted

Today has been the cloudiest day of the last 4 but still sunny spells, we have been quite sunny the last 3 days and not had any cloud spreading out problem. Today this happened a bit although we had decent sun at times and still reached average.

stewfox, on 09 Aug 2013 - 20:53, said:Posted Image

I personally couldn't think of  anything worse then going to the seaside when the sun is out.Posted Image

http://www.bournemou...bedlam_on_A338/

""Some people were sat in their cars until past midnight such was the volume of traffic leaving the beachside resort on Sunday"""

Lol, living where I do you have easy access to better and less crowded beaches than the ones everyone flocks to for some reason, and also know places/times to avoid the worst of any crowd

Although this week I am avoiding one local town due to the folk festival and how packed it gets.

Edited by Stormmad26
  • Like 1

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Evening thunder, August 9, 2013 - Double post
Hidden by Evening thunder, August 9, 2013 - Double post

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10531843.UPDATED__Anger_follows_traffic_bedlam_on_A338/

Lol, living where I do you have easy access to better and less crowded beaches than the ones everyone flocks too for some reason, and also know places/times to avoid the worst of the crowds.

Posted

i agree... although tbh augusts generally disappoint, think its after 06, when august became quite overcast and dull at times.

think we have to go back ten years since the last 'good' august, with heat and sun for more then just the southeast!

Posted

Ha! The ordeals folk put themselves thru', just to put themselves thru' another one - sat around all day neckin' ice cream on a sweltering beach with thousands of other lemmings. No thanks. Got time on my hands now, so may well be heading off on me motorbike to my favourite secluded coastal spot, tho' I do have to pass perilously close to a major resort to get there. Still, the mobike makes mincemeat of such nonsense....

Edited by laserguy
  • Like 1

Posted

Yeah packed beach ain't no fun is it. Secluded coast sounds much better! 

Although not today as its too cloudy & chilly. Why must the weekend be cloudy...

• Like 2

Posted

Yeah packed beach ain't no fun is it. Secluded coast sounds much better! 

Although not today as its too cloudy & chilly. Why must the weekend be cloudy...

Last time I went camping on me mobike, I pitched up on a cliff in Pembrokeshire just as night was falling and some type of hurricane was blowing in. Got the tent up just as the first spots of horizontal rain began to hit. There then followed a sleepless night of trying to stop my sodden tent being whipped away on the screaming wind. Nodded off around 5am when things quietened down. That was a good night - no,seriously!

• Like 2