Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

I personally couldn't think of  anything worse then going to the seaside when the sun is out.Posted Image

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10531843.UPDATED__Anger_follows_traffic_bedlam_on_A338/

""Some people were sat in their cars until past midnight such was the volume of traffic leaving the beachside resort on Sunday"""

I happen to love taking my little one to the seaside and if you plan it right you wont be sat in the traffic although it bay be different with you on the south coast.All I am saying is why spend summer holidays painting in the house,go out and enjoy the summer however takes your fancy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I was in northern France during a large part of that phenomenal heatwave (1st-8th August 2003) and while I tend to cope fine in high 20s, high 30s and nudging the low 40s was way too much!  It was one of those where I was pleased that I experienced it, but won't find myself hoping for a repeat of that experience.

In Tyneside, where I spent the rest of the month, the first third of the month was generally sunny and warm, though not hot, thanks to cooling sea breezes (at Cleadon the month's highest temperature was just 25C) and then there was a big, unexpected thunderstorm on the 10th.  The rest of the month continued dry but somewhat less remarkable, fairly sunny in the middle third of the month, often cloudy in the last third, and so while the rainfall total was comparable to the August 1995 value, the sunshine total was well short.

Incidentally, in the Tyne and Wear area the Augusts of 2005 and 2007 were both dry sunny months with temperatures close to the long-term normal.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

i missed the heat of 03 too, i was on the costa brava where temps reached 36c ... i loved it! but i could cool off in the sea!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

August 2003 was not hot here. No wonder people around here do not remember it. The July just gone was warmer and by a rather significant margin.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I'm still happy with the current conditions here, not saying everyone has had good weather nor their preferred conditions, just content, more so after the long drawn out winter that meant spring this year seemed to last but a month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

It is nice today for sure - and yesterday. Fair deal of sunshine with some cloudy periods and temps maxing around 21c. 

Good for being out during the day to, jogging or working but just not warm enough for evenings for sitting. What I'd call great for May or September but not quite what you want in high summer.

I'd be fine without heat but need it to be about 3c up across the board so 24-25c max and 15-16c min. Then it'd suit heat hates & warmth lovers equally.

Either way, vast improvement on most of the last 6 summers!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

It was reasonable today in the sun with temps topping out just a degree or so below average. But in the showers the temperature dropped like a stone and a recent shower has ruined the evening from an outdoors perspective.

• Like 1

Posted

Felt chilly when the sun wasn't shining, but when the sun was shining, and the wind died down, it suddenly felt very warm.

Posted

have just been thinking,with  june not being a particularly good month and august nothing to talk about at the minute,even a little poor then if it does not improve in the next week or so the summer of 2013 will only seem average at best!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

have just been thinking,with  june not being a particularly good month and august nothing to talk about at the minute,even a little poor then if it does not improve in the next week or so the summer of 2013 will only seem average at best!

Certainly not. Its been the lengthy dry spells that have set this summer apart from the last 6. There have been no lengthy unsettled periods that have characterised the last 6 summers and indeed many of the supposed good 90s summers.

Posted

Eh, June was pretty good,for western side of the Uk. including Halifax..  July was outstanding and August as had a lot of nice days. Just past couple of days its felt colder. And second half off August is looking promising..Very good summer this year.

Posted

Eh, June was pretty good,for western side of the Uk. including Halifax..  July was outstanding and August as had a lot of nice days. Just past couple of days its felt colder. And second half off August is looking promising..Very good summer this year.

Don't get me wrong from a rainfall point of view it has been good,june was mainly dry but I think I had 4 days that were sunny all dayand there was  a lot of cloudy days and I lost count of days that didn't warm up till 3pm and the last 2 weeks I don't think we have had a fully sunny day,maybe we just got spoilt with july

Posted

June here was average and very dry, but it was also cloudy, and had no hot days at all, or very warm days. Disappointing overall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Lets hope so! And hope it rolls on as long as possible into September too.

Posted

An there's the notably cool night.. down to 6.2c last night.

Every single summer month seems to get a min below 7c here, at least 2008 onwards when I've kept data. July did it on the 12th the day before the hottest day of the year.

Edited by Stormmad26
  • Like 1

Posted

11c here - far too cool for my (& my peppers!) liking. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

A nice 11C this morning was refreshing after weeks of high minima. I hope it stays like this.

• Like 2

Posted

Well summer seems to be taking a cooler swing in the last few days, but expect that to change in the next few though.

Posted

Glad to see it warming up after today. Cool & mostly cloudy today - very unexciting naffness.

But in contrast, annoying that the weekend is looking cooler/wetter again with the warm up coming back in the working week. Lets hope any warm up peaks over bank hol weekend instead of waiting for the return to work!

Posted

Glad to see it warming up after today. Cool & mostly cloudy today - very unexciting naffness.

But in contrast, annoying that the weekend is looking cooler/wetter again with the warm up coming back in the working week. Lets hope any warm up peaks over bank hol weekend instead of waiting for the return to work!

naffness, good word.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

has 'eugene' changed his name? i note theres another character now 'liking' every post hoping for or relating to, cold :lol:

• Like 1