Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 12th April 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Guest bjaykent

Good morning all,

Rain overnight has left everything fresh and green with a lovely sunrise.

Morning Jan, hope you are getting over your south-eastern virus, bit of rain here too last night, hardly wet the ground really. Fairly cloudy this morning with the odd glimpse of sun, hopefully it will break up a bit later and allow us one more summer like day before the cool spring returns. Then it looks like ten days of chilly weather before a warm up starts again around the 4th May according to GFS 0Z this morning.  

So gardeners beware, some frost protection may be necessary for tender plants over the next week or so. 

Have a nice daysmile.png    

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Hi BJ,

Not feeling great but never mind.

Lovely and sunny with broken low cloud this morning. I cant bear the thought of it getting chilly again......................... It's not good as it's almost May.

My poor plants are going to be so confused sorry.gif

Guest bjaykent

Hi BJ,

Not feeling great but never mind.

Lovely and sunny with broken low cloud this morning. I cant bear the thought of it getting chilly again......................... It's not good as it's almost May.

My poor plants are going to be so confused sorry.gif

I know what you mean, we are going to plant up hanging baskets this weekend, but it looks like they will be staying in the greenhouse for a while yet, this time last year, all the baskets were out along with all the geraniums which are still cluttering up the conservatory at the moment.

Hope you feel better soonsmile.png

Posted

Morning all!

Peeping out from the duvet I can see the sun trying to break through the cloud. A bright day, but no sun bathing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

bright here.....well it is outside - meantime on the inside I need coffee lazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Had some rain but its stopped......for now. Very mild though. Looks like its brightening up. Maybe some rumbles later :)

Hope you all have a good day whatever you're doing. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)  Bright and muggy here. We had a few spots of rain earlier, but they may well be done for daylight hours now.

Couldn't believe how mild it still was when I was driving at 8 o'clock yesterday evening - 18C!

Posted

Morning all!

Peeping out from the duvet I can see the sun trying to break through the cloud. A bright day, but no sun bathing.

tongue.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning All,

Lovely morning here in BR7, after a little overnight rain.

Just had the builders in to talk about laying of new Wet Room floor, after our flood the other day. Not entirely convinced that they think there's enough gradient from all parts of the room yet and they've just gone off to get the site manager to have a look at it. Dont want them to bodge it up this time and have to be satisfied that we're not going to have a similar disaster, before laying more new carpet, or they will be facing another compensation claim.

Anyway the lift is working again, after being out of action for two and a half weeks. Rather weird contraption it is, with flashing lights, etc. Fully expect Jeff Goldblum to emerge out of it, as half man, half fly, in the middle of the night.

Given me an idea for a nice bedtime story for my daughter, mind you she is 29 now! laugh.png 

Or we might find ourselves transported to a different time. Well it is Bromley, land of H.G.Wells and The Time Machine!

I wondered where all those builders had got to, who'd promised to be here for the past week and never showed up.

They must have stepped into the Tardis, by mistake. unknw.gif 

Have a lovely day all!

Regards,

Tom. hi.gif 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Well the dreaded " lurgy"  has reached my household!!............... My son was up most of the night with a sickness bug.....at the moment he is snuggled up on the sofa watching "Top Gear" so I think I will venture out into the garden on this glorious day................Why does the sun seem extra bright when you are tired?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Finally that damn sea fog has cleared and it's nice and sunny now. 15C and feeling pleasant in the sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

if anyone wants to buy a traditional old wooden water but with cast iron hand pump, pls check out my post here smile.png

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/73128-net-weather-gardening-thread/?p=2685776

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted

Warm and sunny the majority of the day. A high of 22.1c and still sunny despite thw forcast for cloudier afternoon. Spent most of it cutting logs with my boy And had some llovely sausages on coals of the fire.

post-703-0-41263900-1366909167_thumb.jpg

post-703-0-18415000-1366909201_thumb.jpg

post-703-0-48075900-1366909230_thumb.jpg

post-703-0-81363600-1366909256_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hello all, 6.5 hours in the car today, had to go to a court hearing in Northants, stuck on the M25 this morning for 2 hours.  One of those situations where you curse the delay and then get to the scene and see a mangled mess of a car which clearly had some of it cut away, and you think 'oh'....

Tom, glad to see you are making progress and remaining positive!

What with car journey and court I've not been able to make the most of this stunning day's weather apart from 30 minutes when I got home before being co-opted into making the childrens' meal!

It's a fast day today so I can't even sit in the garden with a glass of wine.  A cup of lemon and ginger tea doesn't really have the same appeal...

Still looks like going much cooler tomorrow which is a shame - I was starting to get used to this.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Absolutely gorgeous here, sunny spells, light winds now westerly forcing the warm air to the coast. BBC saying it's 22 degrees here. Single figures from tomorrow though will be a shock. I'm glad I got one day of this as I've been in the midlands where it's not been so nice.

Posted

What a splendid few days this has been. Even the breeze was warm here today. Nearby Raf Northolt reported 21.9c.

Good to hear Tom is getting some results re his housing problem and Coast ( Robin ) is recovering from his ailment. Sorry to hear that one or two other regulars are suffering health wise though. Best wishes to you all.

Roll on summer dirol.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Been lovely these last few days anyone know where the highest temps have been recorded always find these interesting I'd guess with a westerly wind somewhere in Kent or Essex will be warmest blowing all that warm air out of London, shame it's not going to last I work shifts and usually I'm off midweek but for a change I've got the weekend off instead!typical

Posted

Topped out at 23.1c here in sunny Southend today. Potentially the warmest spot?

Posted

could fell a bit cold    on friday we  could see 12dg  drop on friday were  did  i put that winter pull over !!

Posted

hi all

i will do a full update later

heres sundays update for now

PPVK89.gif?31415

looks like the high pressure will not be over us now

north westerly and weather front getting close

yuk

as for the outlook

next week starting to look like high pressure so dry

problem is easterly flow

Reursst.gif

sst_anom.gif

sea temps are not great and i would not mind seeing an easterly later in the year

prefer not to see it now as it would keep temps down and create cloud and fog

sorry if moaning but i want to see something decent now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunder, sunny days

Are temperatures likely to be low enough for frosts at any point in the next few nights? Need to keep an eye out on behalf of my parents if so. Thanks

Posted

hi all

i will do a full update later

heres sundays update for now

PPVK89.gif?31415

looks like the high pressure will not be over us now

north westerly and weather front getting close

yuk

as for the outlook

next week starting to look like high pressure so dry

problem is easterly flow

Reursst.gif

sst_anom.gif

sea temps are not great and i would not mind seeing an easterly later in the year

prefer not to see it now as it would keep temps down and create cloud and fog

sorry if moaning but i want to see something decent now

Yes, I definitely don't want to see a wind with a long North Sea fetch now. I think the time for easterlies to potentially provide the inherently coldest air has now passed (northerlies would now have that honour) but a long spell of sunless days is often the result of that kind of set up for where I live (the west of the country can do very well out of this) and the cold sea surface temperatures would make it even more likely. This event, in early to mid Spring is definitely my least favourite weather type and I hope it doesn't come to fruition. sad.png In another month or so, with stronger sun and rising sea temperatures, it wouldn't be an issue, as cloud would quickly burn back.

Edited by Steve C