Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

The BBC put a report out saying that fruit harvests will be good this year due to a prolonged Winter but i'm not so sure. There was hardly any blossom on my plum trees, it's been a long time since i saw that Posted Image

I'm not sure but i think plum might like wet conditions.  I have 3 damson trees and a greengage tree in my garden and last year I had a ridiculous amount of fruit, I was giving away bagfulls! This year very little blossom so not looking good.  But my apple tree looked spectacular and the crab-apple trees in the fields and woods were covered in blossom.  Blackthorn looked like white fluffy clouds and the hawthorn is just coming out and should be quite a sight.

I'm rather liking the look of the high pressure building in as long as there is plenty of sunshine, always feel that the warmth is wasted if its cloudy.  Talk of thundery breakdown at the end of next week on the model thread which I am hoping is not true.  I know there are lots of storm fans here but my husband and sons are camping next weekend

Who's ready for good sunny spells and temperatures up to 70F tomorrow then?

Posted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpg

Me Me!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Bit of a wind blowing today though.Rough out in the bay first thing.

Looking like we will lose this wind into the weekend but keep the sun. Come on summerPosted Image

it's been a beautiful day here today ( out of the wind).

Clear blue sky's but still a very cold sea , one thing also is the fishing is slow, for this time of year ..... Need the sea temps to work there way up quickly as our summer is about to start next week.

Hope you are well and fishing is good with you .

Tight lines!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

it's been a beautiful day here today ( out of the wind).

Clear blue sky's but still a very cold sea , one thing also is the fishing is slow, for this time of year ..... Need the sea temps to work there way up quickly as our summer is about to start next week.

Hope you are well and fishing is good with you .

Tight lines!

The cold spring has def slowed down our little fishy friendsPosted Image

This last week has seen a big increase in mackerel and the hen crabs are starting to crawl.

Not much longer now for your first bass. Had 1 go of the rocks last week,no good.

Need to see some s/w winds to up the sea temps but not much sign of them at the moment.

Looks like a nice weekend,hope you catch a few soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

The cold spring has def slowed down our little fishy friendsPosted Image

This last week has seen a big increase in mackerel and the hen crabs are starting to crawl.

Not much longer now for your first bass. Had 1 go of the rocks last week,no good.

Need to see some s/w winds to up the sea temps but not much sign of them at the moment.

Looks like a nice weekend,hope you catch a few soon.

I have had 4 trips out on the rocks this year and have had a couple of mackerel on one go and had a few small pollock and finally got the wrasse biting.

But good to hear the mackerel are coming in now and yes we do need a change in wind direction and a good warm air flow with light winds and plenty of sunshine.

Don't think it's far away now :-).

Tight lines .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

4th day of warm sunshine here and today will be very warm with 18-20c expected here on the south coast!! :D

Posted

Just had a laugh as my wife said she could see snowflakes outside, I assured her they are impossible at 20c! It's dandelion seeds blowing in the breeze lol !

First 20°C of the year! Woo! Posted Image

This must be your latest first 20c Mapantz?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just had a laugh as my wife said she could see snowflakes outside, I assured her they are impossible at 20c! It's dandelion seeds blowing in the breeze lol !This must be your latest first 20c Mapantz?

Oh yeah definitely. I've been recording weather here since 2008, every year it has made it to 20°C way before the 31st May lolIt may go back further than that, not really sure. Very pleasant though! :D

Posted

Also the first 20C of the year at home in East Devon, reached 21.7C there just now, very nice.I was beginning to think we would have a spring without 20C being reached but the last day has saved it! shame I'm not there to enjoy it though as had to go back to uni yesterday evening.

I have also been recording since 2008 in spring (October 2007) and this is the latest 20C date unsurprisingly. 2010 waited until the 21st though (and almost broke 25C at 24.9C), and 2009 waited till the 23rd May. Last year did it in March lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What an absolutely cracking day. Non stop sunshine and very warm. Must have been near 20c. And the forecast is clear blue skies for the next 5 days at least. Cornwall is going to be one of the sunniest from this spell :)

Posted

For the first time in what seems an eternity it's a warm and humid night, other warm days this Spring have been followed by evenings that have cooled quickly.

Posted

Oh days like today, really make me want to stay down here even longer throughout the summer. Dont want to go back to the Midlands in a couple of weeks time but should be spending part of July and most of August here! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Oh days like today, really make me want to stay down here even longer throughout the summer. Dont want to go back to the Midlands in a couple of weeks time but should be spending part of July and most of August here! Posted Image

now, you might understand why a lot of us moan in the midlands, Cornwall is great for dry and sunny, midlands generally pants

Posted

now, you might understand why a lot of us moan in the midlands, Cornwall is great for dry and sunny, midlands generally pants

The moaning is excessive in the Midlands thread. Dont forget the Midlands is on the whole a lot drier but its inland position means it gets all the cruddy convective cloud whereas I dont! In fact ive seen more clear blue sunny skies this year so far then I have collectively over 5 years probably!!

Posted

SATURDAY: SUMMER HAS ARRIVED! 14-17c

Cornwall's Forecast: http://www.cciweather.co.uk/#/cornwall/4573724902

Channel Islands Forecast: http://www.cciweather.co.uk/#/channel-islands/4573977985

112 Followers @kernowweather

Posted

Was gorgeous here yesterday, warm & sunny with a Max of 25.4C! (seemed a bit high but Solent Met station reached 23C) Min last night was 12C. Now it is sunny once again & already 17C Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Cloudy and cool here, after a promising start to the day.

Indeed. Dissappointingly cloudy here.

Posted

Yeah, was a good start this morning, was laying down catching some rays when suddenly the clouds started to gather. Still 20.2c here currently, but thats no use for my tan...  ? Posted Image

SM

Posted

As somebody who works outside am I really able to plan a whole week of work without wondering if it's going to rain!?

Indeed. Dissappointingly cloudy here.

Ian Fergusson's Points West forecast on Friday evening pointed towards today being a cloudier day. But it doesn't really matter does it? This day last year was the Sunday of the Jubilee weekend and it was wet and cool!

Posted

Ian Fergusson's Points West forecast on Friday evening pointed towards today being a cloudier day. But it doesn't really matter does it? This day last year was the Sunday of the Jubilee weekend and it was wet and cool!

Just a tad annoying that on my one day off this week, it happens to be one of the cloudier days. Saying that though, it's still pleasent enough with some sunshine popping through too.

Posted

Max temp of 20.2c at 15:13 today.

Posted

From Ian;

"W COUNTRY Week ahead looking largely dry barring perhaps a few showers later.... increasingly warm; high teens initially; low 20's C later."