Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Another lovely day but the east wind over the last 2 days has certainly taken the edge of the warm feel.

Looks like the wind is here to stay for a while.Hard hats on again tomorrow on the boat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yep, cloud finally broken up now leaving wall to wall sunshine....and so, off out to work!

Posted

Lovely warm & sunny day again. Forecast high here is 24C & it usually gets a little higher than the forecast, so looking at the warmest day of the year so far Posted Image Temperature is 23.0C already after a minimum of 11.0C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Strong very warm sunshine here. A little cloud earlier but since 10am it's been 100% sun. :D

Posted

Just about perfect conditions for playing golf. I played yesterday evening and it was thoroughly pleasant. Just goes to show how nice the conditions can be in summer with a ENE breeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Currently 22.6°C making it the warmest day of the year. Hopefully i can get to 23°C

Posted

Keep your heads down if you're BBQing or sunbathing in your garden today:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/plane-crashes-cheltenham-back-garden

Posted

Well it has officially been the warmest day of the year so far, with the highest temperature here on the Hampshire coast at Lee-On-Solent  Posted Image

Has been my warmest day of the year so far too with a Maximum of 25.7C!! Posted Image It is still 23.5C now too Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Oh what a lovely very warm and sunny day again. Apart from cloud yesterday morning, its the 9th day of almost non stop sunshine. :D IM LOVING IT. :D

Posted

Looking forward to an interesting sky tomorrow morning with likely AltCas and possible sharp showers from it as the remnants of this evenings storms over France drift up across the Southern counties.

Posted

Thunderstorms affecting the Channel Islands right now. Could they reach South Cornwall/South Devon!?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Indeed, well reported Storm Fisherman and the original heads up for potential from AWD, which originated from Ian Fergusson as I understand it. Posted Image

Looking at the radar returns, it seems the individual cells aren't moving far and it is almost discernible as to which direction they are moving.

Jay Wynn mentioned the possibilities of showers on BBCnews24 earlier but I don't recall much talk of thunder.

post-7183-0-47839600-1370583565_thumb.pnpost-7183-0-93281000-1370583601_thumb.pn

Sorry about the small size of the attachments, I cannot change it easily.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Not forgetting the convection thread itself, plenty of discussion in there.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76597-upcoming-convective-storm-risk-discussion-wc-12th-may/page-30

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

Indeed, well reported Storm Fisherman and the original heads up for potential from AWD, which originated from Ian Fergusson as I understand it. Posted Image

Looking at the radar returns, it seems the individual cells aren't moving far and it is almost discernible as to which direction they are moving.

Jay Wynn mentioned the possibilities of showers on BBCnews24 earlier but I don't recall much talk of thunder.

Posted Image0620BST 070613 NX v6 radar.pngPosted Image0620BST 070613 NX v6 lightning.png

Sorry about the small size of the attachments, I cannot change it easily.

I'd give anything right now for a decent shower like that. I'm trying to water my crops but the sea breeze is so strong the water is just blowing everywhere. Any chance of those showers moving inland?

Posted

Quite a thunderstorm here this morning

2mm of rain and some heavy thunder 5am to 7am

A nice rise in humidity from 38% before the storm to 80% now.

All calm now, grey skies, but looks to be brightning up.

Not well forecast yesterday, but I see many managed did on here.

Had the highest temp of the year yeserday of 24.5c at 3.01pm

Edited by lettice

Posted

I'd give anything right now for a decent shower like that. I'm trying to water my crops but the sea breeze is so strong the water is just blowing everywhere. Any chance of those showers moving inland?

Yes, they're encroaching the Poole area as I type this, but whether they will maintain their intensity is another matter entirely. They seem to have a mind of their own and the further West you are in Dorset, you may well miss them for the time being.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

We've had lightrain since early this morning, but only in the last 15 minutes can thunder be heard. As usual it's skirting to the west of us.