Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 1st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Indeed looks like that thunderstorm could get close to Stourbridge? :)

Posted

it seems to be passing to the south of me slowly but it's too early to say, so Stourbridge could be in line if it is going in a SE direction. Thunder every few minutes - distant rumbles but deep.

Posted

Indeed looks like that thunderstorm could get close to Stourbridge? Posted Image

Looking that way...reckon it'll pass just to my south...but Stourbridge towards Kidderminster could be a good spot. That's assuming it holds together...but everything is so far.

Posted

oh and it's expanding like mad... I have a great view over open fields. no lightning observed but thunder increasing in frequency too.

Posted

it's still to te south south west of Wenlock roughly. Getting some nice thunder out of it.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Also a weak storm over Northants and lively ones Lincs

Posted

Max of 29.5c today, I think I'm jinxed never to beat that temperature.

Still incredibly warm here at 28.5c

Bish

Posted

Scorcher today, maxed out at 28.4c, no surprise some convective activity got going and then dodged us by 5 miles, in this miracle month the sun shield has really been smashed to pieces but it seems the storm shield cannot be broken Posted Image

Stunning 12z GFS, 27-28c everyday for the next week apart from tomorrow which is slightly cooler and cloudier, though a bit of relief considering the lack of breeze and high humidity at the moment.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Raining here in Bewdley -- not very heavy, but that big, blobby summer rain you get in conditions like these. Some rumbling going on to the NW a few minutes ago, but that seems to have died away for now. Unlike many, I hope it stays that way -- a couple of relatives are at an outdoor event in Henley-in-Arden (between Redditch and Leamington) this evening, and this stuff would have their name on it if it intensified again.

Max today 30.0 °C! I didn't think we'd make it, as the max was 29.8 °C until after 18.00, but there was a slight rise in temp just ahead of this rain, which was just enough to hit the magic number. :)

Posted

What are you recording your temperature with there Adzyy? Your only slightly above rural church lawford. The air is set cool off by tomorrow with or without a storm

Thermostat on the backdoor :p

Posted

The anvil of that storm momentarily blocked out the sun as it drifted to our west. Also witnessed the thing collapse. It seemed to be falling over as it approached.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Good old Cheshire Gap breeze kicking in now, down to 23.9c

NW wind here as well but feels no fresher, still 26.4°C

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Has dropped to much more pleasant 24.8c here now, will be out to catch the cool air later...

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

NW wind here as well but feels no fresher, still 26.4°C

Seems to be funneling in pretty slowly, was still 27.5c an hour ago, hopefully can keep going through the night while we've temporarily got this airflow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Indeed, Gord, briefly blocked the sun but watched it rather vanish here. No Cheshire gap unlike our friends 'oop North in the Midlands. Still 29c here!!!

Posted

To be honest I wish that Cheshire Gap breeze would reach here as well, still 25.5c and very muggy.

Bish

Posted

Indeed, Gord, briefly blocked the sun but watched it rather vanish here. No Cheshire gap unlike our friends 'oop North in the Midlands. Still 29c here!!!

Got a good refreshing breeze going here. Might be to do with my elevation though.

Posted

Good to see things coming good in the East Midlands. Also things starting to happen in mid-Wales...does this mean something for the very north-west midlands a bit later maybe? If I were in the Shrewsbury area...it may be worth keeping an ear out.

I've heard a few rumbles of thunder, but very sunny and hot all day with slightly more cloud in the afternoon Think it's 24 ish degrees and above for 10 consecutive days now, and another 10 looks nailed on. We've waited a long time for this, enjoy it people

No thunder here yet, still sunny in town as that mass of cloud just seems to be skirting the west edge of Shrewsbury

Here in north shrews I heard thunder but no rainOur town has it's own micro climate, I remember winter, 2 inches of snow at one end, none the other!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Can hear rumbles of thunder coming from Ledbury way, to the SW of where I am, big thunderhead there. Not coming our way though. A more pleasant 23oC outside now.

Posted

Well I am only too Happy that the heat has another 7-10 days AT Least in it! Absolutely top class spell this is. 27- 32c pretty much all week bar tomorrow which will be 24-27c! So much cooler... :lol: