Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 1st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes been struggling myself.. Ive found the best way for me to cool down is to have a cool bath around 9pm then go outside for a stroll in the cool (ish) air.

Anyway things really starting to warm up again here now, Temp 20.1c in the shade. Crystal clear blue sky's and light winds.

Posted

Was nice and cool here last night, low of 10.7c, and 9.8c down the road in Shawbury, soon heated up though this morning, already 22.2c!

Posted

We also got down to 10.7c last night, much needed respite to be honest. Currently 25.4c and climbing.

Bish

Posted

A low of 10.5 here last night, really starting to warm up now currently 26.9c. Just got back from a local walk, the sky is looking lovely. Shame the grass is starting to brown around here, the limestone bed never hold much water.. No rain for 12 days here now, and only 3mm so far this month.

post-12319-0-01255000-1373889631_thumb.j

post-12319-0-54280000-1373889656_thumb.j

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hot with hazy sun today. 27c.

Posted

Hot with hazy sun today. 27c.

Hot & hazy pretty much sums it up here as well, 27.3c and still climbing.

Bish

Posted

Dropped to 26.3 now, and sky's have turned hazy.. Id be surprised if it reached 27c here today, but there's time yet !

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hot & hazy pretty much sums it up here as well, 27.3c and still climbing.Bish

Indeed but the haze is clearing nicely now. 29c today? :)

Posted

Dropped to 26.3 now, and sky's have turned hazy.. Id be surprised if it reached 27c here today, but there's time yet !

I spoke to soon !  27.7 here now...Posted Image  becoming very hazy now with cloud starting to bubble up.

Posted

Hot and sunny still with the haze limited now. The cumulus clouds also seem to be disappearing. 28.5c

Posted

I kept meaning to predict a heatwave on 13th july, as I was going to wedding in london then - and hate the strong sun / heat. Typical - it was still so warm by the thanes at 11pm

Just wondering when you guys think this hot spell will actually end? Thx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

It's hot !!! Currently 28.5c here and the cloud as built up over the last couple of hours, not loads though still plenty of sunshine getting through.

Lastest sat images shows the cloud, http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Dropping here slowly with the haze and cloud cover, a much more comfortable 25.2c. There's going to be some very muggy night over the next week..

Posted

Gonna get flamed for this but 90% of this haze is aircraft muck- only the few cumulus floating around are real clouds.

I've read in more than one place that much of the current haziness in our skies is the result of forest fires in Canada - I've no idea whether that is true or not.

It's been warmer today than I was expecting, the temp was 28.3c just before four o'clock.

Bish

Posted

I've read in more than one place that much of the current haziness in our skies is the result of forest fires in Canada - I've no idea whether that is true or not.

It's been warmer today than I was expecting, the temp was 28.3c just before four o'clock.

Bish

I'll believe the forest fires explanation when I see a blue moon. Seriously, there was one in 1950 or thereabouts caused by exactly that. But fires would just turn the clear sky a strange colour, not produce lines of pseudo-cirrus that spread out to a dirty high off-white mass

Posted

I'll believe the forest fires explanation when I see a blue moon. Seriously, there was one in 1950 or thereabouts caused by exactly that. But fires would just turn the clear sky a strange colour, not produce lines of pseudo-cirrus that spread out to a dirty high off-white mass

Backtrack has opened a thread regarding the forest fires coursing the haze,here in the UK over the last day or two.. the pro's seems to be taking it into consideration... http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77264-hazy-skies-the-result-of-forest-fires-in-quebec/

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Hotter here than expected — 28C. The heat is building very quickly in the mornings now — looking forward to a cool down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I kept meaning to predict a heatwave on 13th july, as I was going to wedding in london then - and hate the strong sun / heat. Typical - it was still so warm by the thanes at 11pmJust wondering when you guys think this hot spell will actually end? Thx

Blimey Mr Benn, you don't like cold and snow, now it's heat and sun. It's a good job we live in such an average and normally forgiving climate or else you'd be in trouble. 1000 miles north and you'd be stuffed 6 months of the year, 1000 miles south and you'd be exactly the same! Each to their own though. Sunny and hot weather looks all but guaranteed for the next 7 or so days with the likelyhood of keeping warmth and sun for 10-14 seemingly reasonably likely too.

Posted

Maxed out at 26.2c today, very warm again though despite the clear start been much cloudier than recent days.

Rest of the week looks glorious though, Thursday or Friday on course to be the hottest day of this spell here, weekend decent to west of Birmingham.

Posted

Can somebody tell me if we are any closer to upping our storm potential anytime soon? After all, no hot spell is complete without some thundery fun & games :)

There has been talk of this high pressure system eventually drifting slightly to the north and east of the UK - from my (very) limited understanding of these things, that would mean that we would start drawing our air across from mainland Europe. Does that necessarily equate to increased thunderstorm potential?

Bish

Posted

Very slight risk of an isolated storm Thursday/Friday but it's a slim risk, brilliant charts again tonight, nights have been comfortable for sleeping here to on the whole as that Cheshire Gap breeze has kicked in most evenings, lighter today but still cooling down, 20.5c now.