Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 1st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted
Anyone noticed the warm weather, well yesterday (13/07) was the highest temp in South Normanton 31.2deg c at 15:52 (Shade) recorded since 2006 when it was 30.2 deg c. Also broke the record for average day temp of 26.9deg c and highest night time temp. We had a stall at the Nowton Carnival, too hot but strangely at around 4pm we had winds of around 50mph for about 3 mins, lots of Gazebo's blown do, litter blown everywhere, even seen litter going vertical in the air and tables blown over, could it have been a mini tornado.  Very strange.  Anyone else notice the very high wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Cooler start today, only 21.4 currently, think we were over 24c this time yesterday. Expecting high of around 26c today.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Currently 19c with haze slowly burning off, another hot day on the cards...

Posted Image

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Anyone noticed the warm weather, well yesterday (13/07) was the highest temp in South Normanton 31.2deg c at 15:52 (Shade) recorded since 2006 when it was 30.2 deg c. Also broke the record for average day temp of 26.9deg c and highest night time temp. We had a stall at the Nowton Carnival, too hot but strangely at around 4pm we had winds of around 50mph for about 3 mins, lots of Gazebo's blown do, litter blown everywhere, even seen litter going vertical in the air and tables blown over, could it have been a mini tornado.  Very strange.  Anyone else notice the very high wind.

I must admit I haven't been paying much attention to my average day time temperatures during this spell. It seems that yesterday, at 22.3c average, was my warmest day since 2nd July 2009.

I wonder what caused those sudden strong winds you experienced? Could have done with a bit of that here last night!

Bish

Posted

Despite the forecast for more cloud today it's crystal clear again bar some haze :D, overnight low of 12.9c in the end, currently 19.4c.

Posted

It's overcast at the test match in Nottingham, but absolutely crystal clear here Posted Image

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

20.8oC currently here, very pleasant morning, been out for a walk early.

Posted

Nearly midday and no sign of the cloud burning off in Northants. Not exactly on the east coast!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Give it an hour!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sunny and hot as normal here in stourbridge. 26c.

Posted

Hot and bothersome here in Solihull, although that's mostly down to watching the cricket all day - and it still ain't finished Posted Image

Currently 26.2c

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Solihull Sunshine Shield status:

Strength: II 4%

Shield Thickness: I 2%

Shield Breakage Potential: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII   97%

Shield Power Gain Potential: IIII   9%

Some very encouraging figures at the moment which shows overall that the Solihull sunshine shield is very weak and would explain the sunny skies outside. With the 'Shield Power Gain' potential only being at 9%, the sunshine shield shouldn't power back up too easily. But I just hope those whose sunshine shields are staying strong will see them explode soon. :) ;-)

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

Scorchio again! A few scattered fair weather Cu but not a single solitary moment when the sun has disappeared for any length of time.

Ice-lollies all round Posted Image

Indeed, another scorcher - and this is supposed to be the "cooler" day Posted Image

Currently 27.2c, although we managed approx 28.0c less than an hour ago. What a great spell of summer weather.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hot and sunny still here though a little hazy now. 28.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

25.5°C max cooler than many days recently but feels hot, no sign of anything cooler yet, but 0nly 5 months until Xmas!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Man, can't believe how swift this year is going. Summer really does need to slow down a little. If it keeps going this fast, I think I might as well get the Christmas tree out... ( :lol: )

Solihull Sunshine Shield status (7pm update):

Strength: IIIIIIIII 20%

Shield Thickness: IIIIII 14%

Shield Breakage Potential: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII   90%

Shield Power Gain Potential: IIIIIIIIIII 25%

Some somewhat cloudier and hazier skies has resulted in strengthening of the sunshine shield. But with the shield thickness being generally on the thin side still and with the shield breakage potential still quite high, I don't think it will last long.

Posted

Glorious day for the most part, much cloudier than recently after 3pm but mid-high level stuff rather than the usual grey murk, maxed out at 24.9c, feeling fresher now at 20.8c. 

Posted

Still pretty warm here at 23.3c but a nice breeze is making things feel pleasantly fresher compared to yesterday evening (thank goodness).

Bish

Posted

Agreed, so much for the cool down today!

Posted

So sweaty! Can't sleep, even with the window open its too hot.

I love summer and I love extreme heat don't get me wrong, but its the nights I really hate.

Posted

So sweaty! Can't sleep, even with the window open its too hot. I love summer and I love extreme heat don't get me wrong, but its the nights I really hate.

youre not alone mate, i was up till around 5am night before, worse thing is i get hayfever so having the window open is a bad thing