Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Thunderstorm potential and activity for Wednesday 19th into Thursday 20th June 2013

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

To be fair I bet there are some Germans tonight who are equally annoyed if not more so because they had over 400,000 strikes yet they got none.Oh well, if it means we get more snow I can live with it for a few years!

Definitely not a German, 400,000 beeps and I'd be going insane!

Tell me about it..looks like a third swipe of storms overnight in almost the same places affected last night. After this evenings lot! Bet some of their weather forum reports thread are on page 2,650...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

HAHA it's funny in here tonight.

Oh well, I got some light drizzly rain and a max temp this week of 19 C so what have I got to complain about!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I know storms can be difficult to forecast and all that, but it has to be said that Met Office has not exactly covered itself in glory over the past few days. Has their supercomputer blown a fuse?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I mean I got 2 inches of snow max last winter, *gasp*yeah I know, a record! So yeah. My only thunder event happened to be on the 4th of Feb during a poler NWerly. I get more from those than I do all summer sometimes. Roll on winter! Solstice tomorrow so it won't be long after that. :-)

Well, yes, they've covered themselves in something else to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Actually there are some Germans who happily could swop the conditions for those currently here. Just a thoughtPosted Image

It's only the weather afterall. I always wish for a snowfall in winter - but if it doesn't happen, then that is the way it is. Life still goes onPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

It's only weather!? Tamara do you realise that this is a weather forum? Where the most die hard weather enthusiasts lurk? 'Only the weather' 'life goes on' pssshh! Posted Image

Posted

OMg OMg OMg, thunder!!! OH no, sorry just on the webcam. :-( :o

Posted

It's only weather!? Tamara do you realise that this is a weather forum? Where the most die hard weather enthusiasts lurk? 'Only the weather' 'life goes on' pssshh! Posted Image

Enthusiam is great, and I have loads of that too fwiw for many things Posted ImagePosted Image but even as fans of the weather, outside perspective of the rest of life still carries onPosted Image

Storm clouds do make pretty pics from a distancePosted Image

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Well from the cells which crossed Birmingham earlier.

One rumble of thunder heard and plenty of rain.....The intensity picked up on the time lapse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I really, really wish I didn't feel so disappointed, frustrated and Tuted off by the lack of storms. But I am and there's no getting away from it I'm afraid. I never feel that amount of disappointment over anything like I have these last few summers.

I guess people who are indifferent to storms or who don't like them will never really understand.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I really, really wish I didn't feel so disappointed, frustrated and Tuted off by the lack of storms. But I am and there's no getting away from it I'm afraid. I never feel that amount of disappointment over anything like I have these last few summers.I guess people who are indifferent to storms or who don't like them will never really understand.

I frequently mock a friend who gets upset when Man United loses, then I suddenly realise that I also have a passion. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Southern Germany is under the hammer again http://www.meteoalarm.eu/en_UK/0/0/DE006-Bayern.html

Hope they get a good price for it. :D (Sorry....I'll shut door on me way out)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I frequently mock a friend who gets upset when Man United loses, then I suddenly realise that I also have a passion. 

Same! One of my housemates is a hardcore Crawley Town fan. You should see him after a loss he becomes unconsoleable for the rest of the day haha.I think I hide my dissapointment well though,

One day it has to happen again because history repeats itself. If the 50's had a cold spell which went onto the 60s resulting in some of the worst snowfall the UK had seen in a long time. Maybe we will get out of this funk in the next several years?I think we just have to appreciate the snow a lot more for the time being. I just wish there was a compromise.

Posted

Drizzly and muggy at 16.1c still, here's hoping the cloud burns off tomorrow as for the longest week of the year both Tuesday and today have been incredibly dark, that sky really has been akin to the winter equinox.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Thoroughly fed up today and this evening. Had to work another shift in nauseating humid muck knowing about last night's continental excitement while we miss out yet again.

Feeling like this is getting to be almost the norm in summer now and year in year out it NEVER seems to change. The emphasis is always on S.E. England and central south England missing storms, never getting surprise thunder events or upgrades to forecasts. Each year one area gets favoured or there is a theme - 2010: Storms moving N.E. into low countries and Germany, like last night; 2011 & 2012: N.E. England favoured. In other words, never the S.E.

Summer is now a horrid season and it is getting a right bore. I am definitely a winter person and SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder should be renamed Summer Affective Disorder as I feel more depressed, bad tempered and lacking in enthusiasm in the summer than winter these days. Current summers for the deficiency of thunder are the equivalent of those dreadful winters for the deficiency of snow in the late 1990's.

Now there is NOTHING on the horizon except more atlantic depressions and their piddling useless amounts of rain in the S.E accompanied by an annoying constant breeze and no opportunities for shower development, yet too little sunshine to enjoy outdoor activities or feel good.

I have never known such an awful summer month for dullness, boredom and depressing weather produce so little rain. Every decent quantity quoted is downgraded in the 24~36 hrs before. The term upgrade only applies to other peoples storms, never here.

Nothing to look forward to now - had Cornwall holiday last week and there was drizzle and strong winds much of the week, yet I miss the glorious wonderful sunny week they had by one day! Typical - feel I have been cursed to suffer a FOURTH consecutive horrid summer - I know there is 2 months of 'summer'to go but as it is behaving like the last 3 already, can't see any chance it will improve.

Wish I could move from this depressing overcrowded town where interesting weather never happens.

Rant over. Sorry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Haha so after all that this week, it was Stourbridge and Dudley which were the places to be for the small storm here this evening. So we outdid the SE and East Anglia. LOL

But I was right all week saying no French storms would reach the UK but the greatest chance was today for the West Midlands and this rung true albeit slightly. I'm pleased! :D

Until imported storms actually reach the UK for once I'd argue the best place for storms will always be the Midlands, Lincolnshire and Home Counties esp North of London.

Edited by Blizzards

Understandable SB - but you're not alone! Feel, share the frustration..

My only modicum of advice, head for the hills perhaps, enjoy some countryside not least fresh air. Take a break. Look how beautiful the blooms are, the greenery, the sheer lushness - whilst the weather can be a right pain, look at the positives too?

Been to some places, slightly further afield where locals would swap for our weather any day of the week - oh and that countryside again.

Seems like we've had a triple whammy - mediocre Winter, mainly rubbish Spring, now this...it does start to mount up, no matter how positive or upbeat you try and remain.

But you mustn't let the drizzle get you down :) or lack of anything else for that matter..

Edited by triple_x1

Posted

I really, really wish I didn't feel so disappointed, frustrated and Tuted off by the lack of storms. But I am and there's no getting away from it I'm afraid. I never feel that amount of disappointment over anything like I have these last few summers.

I guess people who are indifferent to storms or who don't like them will never really understand.

As one of those you refer to, I for one, totally understandPosted Image . Hence the snow comparison I gave, and snow was too often AWOL year after year till a few years ago, but look at what has changed...

But it is also about perspective and not being able to control the weather and also that there are more important things in life to worry about than what the weather doesPosted Image   I admit a crappy day for me in winter in non weather terms,  could be made to seem much better by some snow. or just the chance of some snow. In the same way, hearing a good song you like can give a lift, and also a storm, or possible storm in summer can create excitement and distraction for those that it appeals to. So i think I do understandPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Riot police gearing up to control outbreak of angry Netweather storm enthusiasts :p

post-15172-0-78115900-1371770157_thumb.j

In all seriousness its understandable because it really has been poor on the plume front recently with storms drifting away from the UK or just dissipating. We can only hope something happens during the rest of the summer. (I'm lacking on positivity on this I must admit!)

Until the next chance? <_<

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I love how there is a huge mass of storms existing in the northern North sea well out of harms way for the UK, yet they just die a death in the Channel, southern north sea. What makes the waters around here so intolerable to thunderstorms Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

This is why I've stopped taking an interest in summer weather as it never delivers, over the last few years I've seen one or two storms at the most. It's just not worth anymore than a glance at the charts.

Edited by Cheese Rice