Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Temp and dew-point seems higher here than indicated on these charts?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

The flow southeast bringing the developing storms into our regions this morning, in fact running the radar there not veering off to the right! headed this way. the upper and surface flows look good for today if you like imported and homegrown weather..

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

NW radar does actually show the stuff in France starting to get into the Channel:

post-6667-0-77976700-1371713167_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

My confidence increasing, more so if it stays active across the lake! should be OK I think, the models show this and it does get inland over here. any sunshine today also helping to set of the storms.

I'm off now and be checking the convective thread today! have a good day all!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

It's gone very dark now, humidity still up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

My confidence increasing, more so if it stays active across the lake! should be OK I think, the models show this and it does get inland over here. any sunshine in today also helping to set of the storms.

Agree! Sun coming thru here so hopefully some good surface warming to help kickstart any action.

Posted

Agree! Sun coming thru here so hopefully some good surface warming to help kickstart any action.

Plenty forecast:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted

Well last night was a great big let down (the storms!) - will today deliver?  Signs look promising as per usual, but I don't think I will build my hopes up on this one - I am trying a bit of reverse psychology today.  Don't expect anything and (hopefully!) be pleasantly surprised!

On the plus side, I have half day today (and if coming to work without an umbrella and no car at the train station, it, if nothing else, guarentees there will be a torrential downpour at approx 1.08pm in the Barnehurst area!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

sun and just some high cloud drifting around. Will have to rely on imports though as the Easterly wind makes home grown storms impossible here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

sun and just some high cloud drifting around. Will have to rely on imports though as the Easterly wind makes home grown storms impossible here.

Better chance today I reckon, imported or home grown. I'd be happy with storms or sun and warmth, just no boring grey cloud please :)

Posted

Well last night was a great big let down (the storms!) - will today deliver?  Signs look promising as per usual, but I don't think I will build my hopes up on this one - I am trying a bit of reverse psychology today.  Don't expect anything and (hopefully!) be pleasantly surprised!

Morning SR!!

I like you're thinking and should have done the same instead of all the ramping Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted

is it safe to go out and do some painting? if i do it will tip down if i don't it wont do anything? it is lovely sunny and hot here do i go and start or not??

Posted

is it safe to go out and do some painting? 

What are you thinking of painting Rembrandt? 

Posted

is it safe to go out and do some painting? if i do it will tip down if i don't it wont do anything? it is lovely sunny and hot here do i go and start or not??

simple.... go out painting!! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Band of showery rain crossing the channel atm. The heaviest looks to be going towards the east coast of Kent in the latest sequence

http://meteox.com/images.aspx?jaar=-3&voor=&soort=loop-bliksem&c=&n=&tijdid=20136201055

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

It feels like the day after the thunderstorm here today. Which is a pity - a bit like having a hangover without the alcohol.

Frustrating few days knowing that the set up was close to bring the plume across the channel but a few factors have gone against us - still there is a chance this afternoomn for more northern areas of our region as the surface based Cape increases ahead of the Channel system. Anyone seeing sunshine currently? This will be a big help.

Posted

Anyone seeing sunshine currently? This will be a big help.

Not back here Ed, it's dark as night. As Tamara posted, looks like the greater potential from the band coming across from France, will be for Kent. We might get wet in Sussex though Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted

Has gone really quite dark here suddenly after then sun was poking through the clouds for an hour or two. Temp 19C with wind from E-SE

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Feels cool here! Oh and sea fog in the early hours.

Think I'll rename the weather lore from three fine days and a thunderstorm to three fine days and fog! Happens all too often now Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

As others have said, the current potentially thundery spell has been disappointing. Maybe some will get something from the band currently moving into

Kent, this afternoon, as daytime warming takes its effect?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

As an aside, myself and at least two other NW members will be going for a drink on 27th July (Saturday evening) in a pub called the Fishermans Return, located in Winterton on Sea, on the Norfolk coast, a few miles north of Great Yarmouth. :)

Everyone welcome to join us. :)

Posted

BBC Weather just Tweeted 

Heavy showers have crossed The Channel and will move across SE England and East Anglia over next few hours with thunder and lightning. JayW

Not sure their performance has been a yardstick for the last 24 hours though.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Not sure their performance has been a yardstick for the last 24 hours though.....

More than that i'd say, they mentioned the night before last for heavy showers across the south east with " FLASHES of lightning ". It scraped the coast and went into the north sea. Posted Image