Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I think I'll try watering the lawn. Perhaps that'll help?

I haven't cleaned the windows yet either.....

Maybe a group effort. If we all simultaneously clean the windows and water the garden?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I think I'll try watering the lawn. Perhaps that'll help?

Went to the allotment to give it a good soaking, thought that would help. Then got 2 mins light drizzle.

Posted

The sun has come out here in East Sussex and the cloud is breaking up

Edited by Tom Jarvis

Posted

The sun has come out here in East Sussex and the cloud is breaking up

West Sussex still has cloud :(

Posted

Some of you may recall a post I made a few days ago where I said I rarely go to sleep with my bedroom windows open because a/....my bedroom is at the front of my ground floor flat ( potential security issue ) and b/ ....because it is situated right next to a busy commuter rail line on which the trains run 20 hours a day/night. The only break being between 01:30 - 05:30.

Well last night I made an exception because it was warm and humid, and because having prepared and primed my camera equipment that afternoon, I wanted to be in with a chance of being woken by the near certain rumbling of thunder. I even left the 'blackout blinds' up in the forlorn hope of seeing lightning. Satisfied that I was all geared up and ready to roll, I toodled off to the land of slumber just before midnight.

I was indeed awoken at 2:30am.........by the sound of  very loud pneumatic drills just 20 feet away from my bedroom window. The curse of overnight rail engineering works had struck again. Posted Image .I spent the rest of the night wide awake watching the live webcam coverage of that Hamburg Humdinger on my laptop, with all the windows tightly closed to try and drown out the din outside.Posted Image.

Cameras are still on standby here, but so far it's 150 shades of grey outside, 20c and about a dozen large raindrops 3 hours ago are all I have to show for what looked like such a promising scenario. British weather eh, don't you just love it ??

PS: My best wishes to Jan ( Bromley ), and hoping you get some relief from your health problems Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We did get a good soaking for about half an hour at 2:00 pm. But now it's all gone away and there's been no thunder.

The MetO make me laugh - they've forecast wet summers for the next 10 years after their 'summit', but can't do an accurate one for the next day.

Posted

Hi allJust washed and polished the car :-)

:doh: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Hi all

Just washed and polished the car :-)

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The sun has come out here, but some quite stormy skies too, instead of the dark, featureless grey that's been here for the day...gonna get the mower out, that worked one day last year lol

Posted

Right time for you lot to who where wishing for storm to feel very guilty, my young grandson hes 5 had his first school trip today. It was to the most beautiful place in the world (well I think so) Broadstairs, we told him all about, how his mum used to sleep head to toe with his auntie over the top of Morrelli's, he was told how he was going to bury a teacher in the sand, go for paddle, build sancastles, play football on the beach, have an ice cream, eat sandwiches (with sand in). He didn't sleep all night with excitement, his mum packed him off on the coach, clutching his brand new bucket and spade, towel etc.

It rained all day and with the threat of thunder, they had to sit in a restaurant and draw the beach, he was bored and fed up, and never want to go to the beach again.

Hope you all feel guilty :-) will cost me a few bob and a visit to achieve his wishes later in the summer, well that what granddads do.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Hey all. Been a very muggy and close day today. Which was made worse for me as I had to get suited and booted for a business meeting in London. It was terrible sitting on the central line a couple of hundred feet underground, with no air con, and a hot breeze blowing through the vents and windows. Thankfully now the suit has been put away and the t-shirt and shorts are on. Enough of that though..... We did get some light rain around 1pm, but now the cloud cover is starting to break and I can see some blue sky at last 😄.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Hey all. Been a very muggy and close day today. Which was made worse for me as I had to get suited and booted for a business meeting in London. It was terrible sitting on the central line a couple of hundred feet underground, with no air con, and a hot breeze blowing through the vents and windows. Thankfully now the suit has been put away and the t-shirt and shorts are on. Enough of that though..... We did get some light rain around 1pm, but now the cloud cover is starting to break and I can see some blue sky at last 😄.

Edit that.... The patchy blue sky is now starting to fill grey again. It would be typical wouldn't it, the met office struggle to get the next days weather forecast correct, but get correct the next 10 years rain..... I hope this is another BBQ weather 'summer forecast'. (This is no dig at the MO btw)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Just been skyping with my German friend who has a severe storm warning for her region in the SW of the country which includes the threat of large/very large hail and very high wind gusts. It's been 32C this afternoon in Speyer, about 20 mins from where she lives, which is actually a few degrees down on yesterday and the day before. Whilst she doesn't like storms much (and not looking forward to these especially), she is looking forward to the cooler weather that will be following late this evening.

Seems its developing like a very strong squall linePosted Image

http://meteox.com/images.aspx?jaar=-3&voor=&soort=loop-bliksem&c=&n=&tijdid=2013620205

The advisory for a bit later on and which will get updated as the storms approach says :

Heftige Gewitter mit intensivem Starkregen, großem Hagel, schweren Sturmböen möglich

which translates as she suggested:

Violent thunderstorms with intense heavy rain, large hail, heavy squalls possible

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

I'm down at my mother's in West Sussex and it's been a glorious late afternoon and evening, blue skies and pleasantly warm.

Just ventured to the beach and had a little paddle, the Channel didn't feel too cold either.

Only a couple of days ago I thought today might be a write off, despite the murky morning it's been fine. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Low cloud and murk has returned here in the last hour.

Another night of satellite and radar watching ahead. Most probable outcome is showers creeping up the North Sea affecting extreme Suffolk and Norfolk.

First let-down of summer 2013, lets hope we have some more chances in July and August!

Posted

I'm down at my mother's in West Sussex and it's been a glorious late afternoon and evening, blue skies and pleasantly warm.Just ventured to the beach and had a little paddle, the Channel didn't feel too cold either.Only a couple of days ago I thought today might be a write off, despite the murky morning it's been fine. :)

You're brave! The heavy skies cleared here late this afternoon and it's been a very pleasant evening. No rain/storms at all though, boo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Least you can go to bed and you can hear the thunder and know there's a storm.

Where as with snow watch you have to be at the window.

Curiosity gets the better of me and I keep getting up to look.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Well a dull but warm and muggy day has turned into a dull, wet and now murky, misty and still muggy evening.

Glad I was (like all week) stopping in Posted Image  (been taking an hour or two each evening for cleaning, tidying, sorting out stuff and doing artwork stuff and prep work for future art plans).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Thunderstorms breaking out in the right spot (75 miles South of Hastings) as well as cloud development in the English Channel.

French radar also starting to develop a mass of rain around Paris.

Tough call.